Goram v Them

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, SANDYGER said:

Shows the strength of having a top quality keeper.

The fact we have two excellent number ones now and that lot have lost a keeper of Forsters quality could be significant this season. 

You’re spot on. I was watching the Forster ‘will he? won’t he?’ closely because I really think he was their Goram (not as good or for as long obviously) but had a big impact for them when he played. They will be weaker for sure, so glad he stayed at Southampton! 

Absolutely brilliant. The bigger the game the better he became. 

The game he played down at Leeds was probably his finest match, 

That save from van Hoodwink was incredible. I was at that match. The whole stadium fell silent for about 10 seconds then we celebrated the save as if we’d scored. 

some keeper 

51 minutes ago, SANDYGER said:

Shows the strength of having a top quality keeper.

The fact we have two excellent number ones now and that lot have lost a keeper of Forsters quality could be significant this season. 

It will be in the old firm game. Forster made some great saves for them. 

One of the best games I saw "The Goalie" play was ironically against us at Ibrox the season before he signed for us, he was incredible in that game, I can't remember how many worldies he pulled off in that game and it looked like he himself had won a point for hivs until we got a very late winner.

I don't care what anyone says I classed Goram as world class before his knees gave out.

The Goalies saves won us many games against them, in fact he was a goal of a start, he was a mental block to them, but one of my favourite moments was when he hit de canio twice with the ball, just sorry the cameras didn't get a better view of it or we had mobiles cameras then, it was comedy gold, was only yards from it and we were going mental, de canio was raging !

15 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

The Goalies saves won us many games against them, in fact he was a goal of a start, he was a mental block to them, but one of my favourite moments was when he hit de canio twice with the ball, just sorry the cameras didn't get a better view of it or we had mobiles cameras then, it was comedy gold, was only yards from it and we were going mental, de canio was raging !

Atmospheres unreal 

A complete winner .And players responded around him .Fuck we don’t have anyone like him at Ibrox nowadays .His passion for our club will never be forgotten .Even if he has been a prat away from the game 

Up there with the top 20 legends to play for us last 40 years 

44 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Mccluskey the ref .Nowadays that would have got any Gers keeper a red 

And of it didn’t .The compliance bint would be there as back up 

I really miss the days of having a good Scottish core to our teams. Always think we are at our best when we have more Scottish players in the spine of our team. 
Gorams era had some real die hard players in the squad. Gough, Brown, Robertson, McPherson, McCall, Ferguson, McCoist, Durrant and Brown 

Archived