UEFA Nations League

.Williamson.

5 hours ago, shotstopper said:

Typical Scottish perfomance tonight, promise so much but fail to deliver. Players gave their all but once again management let us down again badly. After Sundays debacle, making 8 changes in a must win game against the supposedly weakest team in our section which a win would have won our league, we throw it away against a team we have struggled to beat in the recent past. This clown Clarke cannot deliver and the sooner we get rid of the better. Forget the europhoria of qualifying Euro 2020 albeit by penalty shoot out, this shower of muppets will take us nowhere with their total mismanagement of our national team. CLARKE OUT.

No doubt will be down to most of them would have been unfit to play after boozing it up after qualifying.

There's no other reasonable reason to make so many changes. If you wanted to mix it up you would have done it last night after securing the points neededon Sunday. Still don't understand why McLaughlin didn't play.

7 hours ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Its a totally different game - sometimes form and reputation goes out of the window. Scotland were on a poor run before the last game at Hampden. In the end they were unlucky not to beat a star packed England side. 

They’ll need to go all out defensive to protect Mctominay, Gallagher and Tierney from getting exposed 1v1 versus Sterling or Radhford - The Israel goal last night showed that.

Also not sure lumping balls forward to Dykes will be a good option against Mcguire and co either tbh.

Just read that Scotland lost again. Can't say that I am surprised.

A neanderthal as manager and a collection of players that just ain't up to it. Thing is that Scotland used to produce quality players. Croatia (similar population) still does and almost won a world cup.

It's because in the rest of the world they play the modern game and not the hammer throwing nonsense that is now Scottish football. Whole game in Scotland needs to be changed from top to bottom.

I put on the end of the game on Radio Scotland. Fucking cringeworthy. The players were tired, heavy legs etc etc but apparently nothing can take away from this huge achievement of scraping into the Euros. 
That’ll be a huge number of the Tartan Armies football interest packed away until the tournament starts - then it’s a case of each one trying to be more Scottish than the next. 
I can nearly guarantee that Sturgeon will have some sort of reception for the players to celebrate their achievements just around the time of the elections next year. 

That’s the realism of Scotland and international football. Yes there are those that truly enjoy it and follow Scotland passionately- fair play. Fact is though high numbers jump on the band wagon when there’s the odd big game  

Going by media reports, Clarke has credit in the bank as I didn’t see any scathing reports that would normally and rightfully be forthcoming given two loses in a row to Slovakia and fucking Israel! 
I wonder how long that credit will last. We scrapped through the back door at the end of the day. Let’s see what the first WC qualifiers brings, but I think he’ll have credit to keep him in the role through the end of the Euros no matter how badly we do come March. 
I think he should be sacked now and give the team a chance of kicking off our WC hopes with some ambition (now the back door is shut) and at least to entertain the support in the summer despite, as expected, not being capable of progressing from the group.  

2 hours ago, James Rolle said:

Going by media reports, Clarke has credit in the bank as I didn’t see any scathing reports that would normally and rightfully be forthcoming given two loses in a row to Slovakia and fucking Israel! 
I wonder how long that credit will last. We scrapped through the back door at the end of the day. Let’s see what the first WC qualifiers brings, but I think he’ll have credit to keep him in the role through the end of the Euros no matter how badly we do come March. 
I think he should be sacked now and give the team a chance of kicking off our WC hopes with some ambition (now the back door is shut) and at least to entertain the support in the summer despite, as expected, not being capable of progressing from the group.  

clarke wont be sacked he is the media darling at the moment  scotland will get nowhere till we find a goal scoring  forward  while i dont think shankland is the answer surely he would be better than mcburnie/burke  he has a far better scoring record than any of them   maybe he does not suit clarkes style of high ball up the park

13 hours ago, Swagger said:

Aye but apparently the whole country is buzzing off qualification for the Euros. 

Just shite 

Well those that want Scotland to do well are.

13 hours ago, Swagger said:

I put on the end of the game on Radio Scotland. Fucking cringeworthy. The players were tired, heavy legs etc etc but apparently nothing can take away from this huge achievement of scraping into the Euros. 
That’ll be a huge number of the Tartan Armies football interest packed away until the tournament starts - then it’s a case of each one trying to be more Scottish than the next. 
I can nearly guarantee that Sturgeon will have some sort of reception for the players to celebrate their achievements just around the time of the elections next year. 

That’s the realism of Scotland and international football. Yes there are those that truly enjoy it and follow Scotland passionately- fair play. Fact is though high numbers jump on the band wagon when there’s the odd big game  

That's not limited to Scotland or international football, every country and club will be the same.

Look at cunts when they get to finals, bring thousands more than they do at home, even us when we're playing a big game, social media is full of them

Does playing for the jakey have any effect on a player like Jack who is used to playing with a team of runners all around him playing more or less perfect football where as playing for an arsehole who just wants you to hit it long an hope for the best.

• 10 months later...
3 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Liechtenstein u21s have won 1 of their last 30 competitive Euro qualifiers. Only scored 6 goals, conceded 122.

Curently losing 10 nil against Portugal.

Really think UEFA need a preliminary round between these poor nations in all competitions.

Was 9-0 at half time as well.

3 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Liechtenstein u21s have won 1 of their last 30 competitive Euro qualifiers. Only scored 6 goals, conceded 122.

Really think UEFA need a preliminary round between these poor nations in all competitions.

Might fuck Scotland up that mate. 😉
However, if they manage to beat Israel there could be a rethink. 

12 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Agree in principle but that thinking led us to the Champions League where the big countries get 23 teams each in and actual champions have to go through 17 qualifiers

Might be an element of exaggeration there but I hate elitism to the point where the little guy can’t even dream

:kingbilly:

It’s always been a dream of mine to see a qualifying group with all the minnows in it. Give one of them a chance to qualify for a major tournament.

I’ve always had the up most respect for the San Marino’s of this world, they’re just honest lads that work full time that play football for a hobby.  

15 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Faroe Islands u21 drew with France (World Champions). Would we fall into the category of "these poor nations"?

2 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

Agree in principle but that thinking led us to the Champions League where the big countries get 23 teams each in and actual champions have to go through 17 qualifiers

Might be an element of exaggeration there but I hate elitism to the point where the little guy can’t even dream

:kingbilly:

This. We (Faroe Islands) are a tiny nation but every now and then we do quite well. Our u21s get some amazing results.. we drew 1-1 against France and beat Israel, Russia etc.. If the elitist way of thinking applied, then we wouldnt even be in the competition.

3 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

When I become the ruler one day there will be a qualifying group consisting of San Marino, Liechtenstein, Andorra, Gibraltar and Malta

Can you put Scotland in that group, might have a chance ,depending on the last game  if Malta draw with Gibraltar and Andorra beat Liechtenstein  by 5 clear goals providing we beat SAN Marino that is.

30 minutes ago, the blue plumber said:

Can you put Scotland in that group, might have a chance ,depending on the last game  if Malta draw with Gibraltar and Andorra beat Liechtenstein  by 5 clear goals providing we beat SAN Marino that is.

Seeing that Scotland qualify for tournaments now that won’t be necessary.