UEFA Nations League

.Williamson.

3 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I think that's why the Slovakia and tonight's games were so big for Scotland yet I don't think everyone is fully aware of the importance of those games.

Admittedly it is pretty confusing but a win in either game would have almost guaranteed Scotland a playoff chance of going to the World Cup I think (if they fail to qualify for the World cup via the normal route.).

PS goals look a huge concern.

Think Austria might have pipped Scotland to the best winner spot in B. Scotland needed to get at least 4 points. In essence it was wrecked after Slovakia anyway.

16 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

The line up against Slovakia was really surprising, and pretty stupid to be honest.

Scotland are a decent team as are Serbia. It was a very decent win last week. However, I think many got a little carried away. I think Scotland have got some decent players but in this formation, defence, wing backs, up top and creativity are still huge problems. Gallagher and Dykes were good against Serbia but some would have you believe it was Gough and McCoist playing. Neither were great tonight. Not many were. That's what happens with decent players. Good one game, average the next. Decent players are just that.

I don't think Robertson is great in this formation. If you had never seen either play, you could argue there's not been much between him and O'Donnell and that's obviously not a compliment. In fact Robertson hasn't done much with Scotland. You need more from him. You need more from your captain. You could also argue Tierney is a better wing back. 

Clarke will get a bye because Scotland have qualified for the Euros but this could easily have been and should have been a far more successful week. He almost fucked the Serbia game with his subs too!

dont think robertson has showed up well in any scotland game nothing like he plays for liverpool  maybe having mane in front of him helps. hate to say it but tierney was the best player on the park on sunday and offered far more going forward than robertson

Just now, Laudrup1984 said:

McFadden talking about 'a fully fit' Griffiths scores. The cunt has been getting fit for about 2 years! He should be getting hammered if he is still 'not fit'! Or maybe he is fit and just fucked it! Stop making excuses for him!

how does being fully fit have anything to do with a misshit shot   any excuse for that cunt 

1 minute ago, Laudrup1984 said:

McFadden talking about 'a fully fit' Griffiths scores. The cunt has been getting fit for about 2 years! He should be getting hammered if he is still 'not fit'! Or maybe he is fit and just fucked it! Stop making excuses for him!

Spot on, he will be out on loan to Hibs or Dundee by January - due to his lack of fitness.

1 minute ago, billscott said:

dont think robertson has showed up well in any scotland game nothing like he plays for liverpool  maybe having mane in front of him helps. hate to say it but tierney was the best player on the park on sunday and offered far more going forward than robertson

It may not seem it but it is quite a different position to his Liverpool role. Think I heard Ashley Cole say in an interview he didn't like playing wing back. It was totally different to him. I think if you look at Tav too, I think he didn't look great when he played a little further forward once or twice for us. Guys like Robertson and Tav benefit from coming a little deeper, and obviously having better players around them. I think if he sticks with wing backs Tierney is a better option. Maybe try Robertson LCB.

1 minute ago, Laudrup1984 said:

It may not seem it but it is quite a different position to his Liverpool role. Think I heard Ashley Cole say in an interview he didn't like playing wing back. It was totally different to him. I think if you look at Tav too, I think he didn't look great when he played a little further forward once or twice for us. Guys like Robertson and Tav benefit from coming a little deeper, and obviously having better players around them. I think if he sticks with wing backs Tierney is a better option. Maybe try Robertson LCB.

i get what you say but even when we played 4 at the back robertson did not look the same player as i said earlier maybe playing alongside world class players at liverpool helps  but i dont think he shows the same enthusism when he plays for scotland

9 minutes ago, billscott said:

i get what you say but even when we played 4 at the back robertson did not look the same player as i said earlier maybe playing alongside world class players at liverpool helps  but i dont think he shows the same enthusism when he plays for scotland

Wouldn't doubt Robertson's enthusiasm for playing for Scotland. However, the end product that he is used to delivering to, isn't there for him within the Scottish attack. As a result he takes too many touches and is hesitant.

2 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Said it last week, if England pick Sterling And Rashford/Sancho as wide forwards with Foden or Grealish just behind then they’ll give Scotland a doing.

Its a totally different game - sometimes form and reputation goes out of the window. Scotland were on a poor run before the last game at Hampden. In the end they were unlucky not to beat a star packed England side. 

Typical Scottish perfomance tonight, promise so much but fail to deliver. Players gave their all but once again management let us down again badly. After Sundays debacle, making 8 changes in a must win game against the supposedly weakest team in our section which a win would have won our league, we throw it away against a team we have struggled to beat in the recent past. This clown Clarke cannot deliver and the sooner we get rid of the better. Forget the europhoria of qualifying Euro 2020 albeit by penalty shoot out, this shower of muppets will take us nowhere with their total mismanagement of our national team. CLARKE OUT.