Souness, Robson or Keane

hammer93

7 hours ago, mrmojorisin said:

Keane was a bully ....every player at man u seemed to be shit scared of him going by the goalies account of his time there 

That Goram story was shocking, pathetic that grown men like Giggs, Neville etc were scared of him.  Souness and Robson were hard as nails, but can you see them bullying a Terry McDermott, Norman Whiteside, Paul McGrath, Kevin Moran, Phil Thompson, Ian Rush, even wee Sammy Lee. Not a chance.

If he tried that at Rangers, he'd been found floating in the Clyde. Can you imagine him trying to bully Bomber or Fergie or Gough, Goram himself or even Ally or Durrant?.

Not many players or managers have the same impact as Souness did, man was a revolutionary. fuck knows where the club would have been had he not came along. 

Only really seen Keane play was too young to see Robson and Souness but watched them on video a lot, my older brother would rave about Robson and would often say he was the complete modern footballer whatever that meant lol, Keane was a decent thug someone you need in the trenches when the going gets tough but his arrogance got the better of him not in the same class as the other two. 

1 hour ago, peter huistra said:

Not many players or managers have the same impact as Souness did, man was a revolutionary. fuck knows where the club would have been had he not came along. 

Only really seen Keane play was too young to see Robson and Souness but watched them on video a lot, my older brother would rave about Robson and would often say he was the complete modern footballer whatever that meant lol, Keane was a decent thug someone you need in the trenches when the going gets tough but his arrogance got the better of him not in the same class as the other two. 

Robson was a superb player, a leader, hard as nails without being dirty or a thug, fearless (to the point of numerous injuries), and a talented player to boot. He could make a goalline clearance, and pop up 90 secs later at the other end making a late run to put it in the opposition net. He could play as a sweeper right through the team to a no 10. Could play FB or wide as well. Tackled like a steel trap, could pass the ball, shoot long-range, terrific header of the ball.  Yes, a terrific all round player.

Souness was just class personified. The man could snap someone in half and then play the most gorgeous 50 yard pass you've ever seen. Toughest player I have seen in my supporting lifetime (nearly 40 years) and an absolute leader. The bigger the game, the tougher the opponents, the better he was,

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/09/2020 at 12:38, ayrshireranger said:

Robson was a superb player, a leader, hard as nails without being dirty or a thug, fearless (to the point of numerous injuries), and a talented player to boot. He could make a goalline clearance, and pop up 90 secs later at the other end making a late run to put it in the opposition net. He could play as a sweeper right through the team to a no 10. Could play FB or wide as well. Tackled like a steel trap, could pass the ball, shoot long-range, terrific header of the ball.  Yes, a terrific all round player.

Souness was just class personified. The man could snap someone in half and then play the most gorgeous 50 yard pass you've ever seen. Toughest player I have seen in my supporting lifetime (nearly 40 years) and an absolute leader. The bigger the game, the tougher the opponents, the better he was,

Robson was a cracking footballer, never scared to go in and be prepared to get hurt. Kept popping his shoulder and would still dig. Did the dirty and the classy work. Magnificent.  

Not magnificent as our own Magnificent Bastard though.

Souness for me,he dominated and overpowered midfield when it was still a mans game,a lot of the so called 'hard men' in the game now wouldn't last till half time,Robson is up there for the bravery and leadership he showed on the park too,Keane was a good player but lost any respect for him after the Håland incident

Archived