Bruno Alves - Video

julescotia

He didn’t give a fuck. When Louis Moult bullied him and Cardoso at Hampden he should’ve been chucked there and then.

His best game for us was in a match when we conceded 5 goals after chucking a 2 goal lead having recovered from 3 down. Says all you need to know. Horrible time that.

5 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

He didn’t give a fuck. When Louis Moult bullied him and Cardoso at Hampden he should’ve been chucked there and then.

His best game for us was in a match when we conceded 5 goals after chucking a 2 goal lead having recovered from 3 down. Says all you need to know. Horrible time that.

Picked up an "injury" before playing them as well, utter coward. 

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

Picked up an "injury" before playing them as well, utter coward. 

Such a disappointing signing. I was convinced he was going to galvanise our team.

His free kick against Dunfermline is one of the best I’ve seen at Ibrox though. Didn’t matter who was in goals. Screamer.

39 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

To be fair he wasn't on the pitch for Hibs first 3 goals. Bates, Halliday and Martin all fucked it that day. 

Bruno Alves is indisputably a top player... Despite that he was never going to carry the dross he played with. Likewise I don't think anyone can really argue that he threw in the towel once he realised what he was up against here. It simply didn't work out for anyone who was involved.. It's a simple case of what could have been.  

Honestly looking back at the team.. it's tragic. Far bigger problems than Bruno Alves.

• Wes Foderingham, Jak Alwnick
  • James Tavernier, Lee Hodson
  • Declan John; Andy Halliday; Lee Wallace
  • Bruno Alves; Fabio Cardoso; Danny Wilson; Russell Martin; David Bates; Ross McCorie
  • Ryan Jack; Graham Dorrans; Jason Holt; Sean Goss; Carlos Pena; Greg Docherty; Jordan Rossiter
  • Josh Windass; Jamie Murphy; Daniel Candeias; Niko Kranjcar; Michael O'Halloran
  • Kenny Miller; Alfredo Morelos; Jason Cummings; Eduardo Herrera; Ryan Hardie

Bar the 3 that are still here. Only maybe 2 or 3 from that lot would even make our bench now... Yet we somehow expected them to challenge celtic.

I thought we had a steal when he came. Even if he wasn't going to be as good as he was before he could have still been excellent. Look at him at Parma, yeah they're not great but he's a stand out for them at 38. He obviously didn't want to be here, if he did he'd have been in with a shout for POTY. Real disappointment.

1 hour ago, RossS1873 said:

He obviously didn't want to be here

I think, at that time, international football was his primary concern.  Didn't he go to the World Cup but never kicked a ball?  Waste of fucking time. 

1 hour ago, TMB said:

I think, at that time, international football was his primary concern.  Didn't he go to the World Cup but never kicked a ball?  Waste of fucking time. 

Probably. Was there basically as the back up to, I dunno, Pepe and Fonte maybe. Still, pointless 

On 08/09/2020 at 13:46, RossS1873 said:

I thought we had a steal when he came. Even if he wasn't going to be as good as he was before he could have still been excellent. Look at him at Parma, yeah they're not great but he's a stand out for them at 38. He obviously didn't want to be here, if he did he'd have been in with a shout for POTY. Real disappointment.

Looked impressive against Marseille and Sheffield Wednesday in the friendlies, first game proper Motherwell away the apparent hard man decided the SPL wasn’t for him , was in Portugal more than Scotland , the worst one being fucking off when an 18 year old was filling in at centre half at parkheed , anybody worth their salt would have roomed with Bates the night before not on the next plane to Portugal again 

On 08/09/2020 at 13:11, TMB said:

I seen a stat that said Bruno Alves won more aerial duals than any other player in Europe last season. 

A6210A43-FEAF-4E75-A850-3A6AA468852A.thumb.jpeg.6246ea0043431adf1a262f1310f6a826.jpeg

Centre forwards smashed him in Scotland mate and he didn’t fancy it , always laughed at the thought of him going to the Portugal camp telling yer Ronaldo’s “should see this league the centre forwards slide tackle ye in the 18 yard box” 😂

Archived