Graeme Murty

G.E.C.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, SpiritofBillStruth said:

I'm led to believe he isn't wanted here hence the move to get him off the training pitch and away from direct work with the players. Not sure why we can't just bin him, he's been moved all over the place the last few years. 

Bang on mate, just hunt him 

18 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Gotta admit I like the guy.

Never a Rangers manager, but never claimed to be and was never comfortable in the role. He felt compelled/obliged. 

Mind a few years ago there was 3 of us over for unders match in Alkmaar (2-2 dodgy ref gave them a penalty last minute that never was to even the score) - the notorious midget linesman game - some of my pictures done the rounds on social media.

After the game he ensured we got a seat on the team bus and rode to the airport with the team and were made to feel very, very welcome as well. 

I've got a lot of respect for people like him (and Craig Mulholland) who arrange little touches like that - and they always make a point of coming over and saying hello whenever I see him (again likewise Mulholland)

However, I've no idea what happened that day at Hampden with him, Miller and Wallace. If there's a credible version of events that emerge from a solid source I'll maybe reconsider my stance on him but until then I can't say anything bad about the guy - other than he was never a Rangers manager (although there was some good memories - the 1-1 at Peadodome and the Florida Cup - but there was too many disasters to go along with that).

3 ex players one the captain thinks he’s a bellend , Can’t be having a lot of respect for 2 folk that’s produced absolutely nothing at the helm of the academy coz they gave you a seat on a bus 

Just now, Cedrick said:

3 players one the captain thinks he’s a bellend , Can’t be having a lot of respect for 2 folk that’s produced absolutely nothing at the helm of the academy coz they gave you a seat on a bus 

Don't be a prick mate, there's a lot to that post and you take that from it.

I still have no idea what happened that day at Hampden. Tell me what happened then? 

Just now, British_Empire said:

Don't be a prick mate, there's a lot to that post and you take that from it.

I still have no idea what happened that day at Hampden. Tell me what happened then? 

He tried to take the heat of himself by humiliating the biggest Rangers man in the team , if Halliday was that bad and to blame he could have waited 2 minutes till half time 

Just now, Cedrick said:

He tried to take the heat of himself by humiliating the biggest Rangers man in the team , if Halliday was that bad and to blame he could have waited 2 minutes till half time 

That was an awful way to make a sub and I didn't agree with it, but (and I could be wrong) was it not 2-0 them with 7/8 minutes to go until half-time? I said at the time the thinking might have been change it, try and nick one before the break and 2-1 second half is a totally different game.

I don't think it was personal, it was tactical. I don't care if Halliday's feelings were hurt tbh. Rangers were good to a player with fuck-all ability - I got offended every time I seen him turn out in a Rangers shirt,

24 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Gotta admit I like the guy.

Never a Rangers manager, but never claimed to be and was never comfortable in the role. He felt compelled/obliged. 

Mind a few years ago there was 3 of us over for unders match in Alkmaar (2-2 dodgy ref gave them a penalty last minute that never was to even the score) - the notorious midget linesman game - some of my pictures done the rounds on social media.

After the game he ensured we got a seat on the team bus and rode to the airport with the team and were made to feel very, very welcome as well. 

I've got a lot of respect for people like him (and Craig Mulholland) who arrange little touches like that - and they always make a point of coming over and saying hello whenever I see him (again likewise Mulholland)

However, I've no idea what happened that day at Hampden with him, Miller and Wallace. If there's a credible version of events that emerge from a solid source I'll maybe reconsider my stance on him but until then I can't say anything bad about the guy - other than he was never a Rangers manager (although there was some good memories - the 1-1 at Peadodome and the Florida Cup - but there was too many disasters to go along with that).

I've met Craig Mulholland in a professional circumstance and think he's a great guy.

I think in a similar scenario Murty would be the same.

He was probably put in an uncomfortable situation when he was made our Manager and out of his depth. There are things I don't forgive him for and I believe he did wrong. 

But I think he's done well for our Youth side/set up and long may it continue. I'd just prefer he was kept away from our Senior set up.

2 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

That was an awful way to make a sub and I didn't agree with it, but (and I could be wrong) was it not 2-0 them with 7/8 minutes to go until half-time? I said at the time the thinking might have been change it, try and nick one before the break and 2-1 second half is a totally different game.

I don't think it was personal, it was tactical. I don't care if Halliday's feelings were hurt tbh. Rangers were good to a player with fuck-all ability - I got offended every time I seen him turn out in a Rangers shirt,

Murty knew exactly what he was doing mate , keep hearing you’ll not find two more better and professional lads to have around the club than miller and Wallace from team mates and they fell out with him to 

1 minute ago, Cedrick said:

Murty knew exactly what he was doing mate , keep hearing you’ll not find two more better and professional lads to have around the club than miller and Wallace from team mates and they fell out with him to 

Hence why I said I would like to know exactly what happened because my opinion on him could easily change but I can't say that based on rumour/hearsay

1 minute ago, GabrielTomato said:

I've met Craig Mulholland in a professional circumstance and think he's a great guy.

I think in a similar scenario Murty would be the same.

He was probably put in an uncomfortable situation when he was made our Manager and out of his depth. There are things I don't forgive him for and I believe he did wrong. 

But I think he's done well for our Youth side/set up and long may it continue. I'd just prefer he was kept away from our Senior set up.

The only player that’s came through with them at the helm we sold to Aberdeen coz he wasn’t good enough , you could win any tournament you want at youth level , their jobs is to produce first team players and they’ve failed to do so 

55 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Halliday had done a pretty good job humiliating himself that day. celtic fans were singing his name before he was subbed ffs.

50 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Plenty teammates say very different about Miller off the record. Quite a few think he's an ego driven arsehole who is only interested in what he can do for Kenny Miller. 

15 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Plenty teammates say very different about Miller off the record. Quite a few think he's an ego driven arsehole who is only interested in what he can do for Kenny Miller. 

Your 2 posts may be correct mate the facts though, he’s produced nobody good enough for the first team and signed glen Middleton 

2 hours ago, Cedrick said:

He’s not that smart mate. He’s a first class cunt that is in way over his head at a club like Rangers.  

3 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

What he did to a guy being run ragged, playing so shite the tims were ironically cheering him and looked completely uneasy on the park was unforgivable?

Was almost half time and it was fucked anyway, was already 2-0. Should have waited to take him off, his sub made fuck all difference

Archived