Graeme Murty

G.E.C.

23 minutes ago, The Dude said:

There's only so much he can do if the the first-team manager won't play Academy players.

Gerrard doesn't need to slate young players - far from it - but he can easily avoid building them up before refusing to play them to any meaningful degree.

If Murty is trying to promote a youngster and the gaffer says no then that’s about Murty not SG

But then you’re not trusting SG’s management. I don’t see anyone in training whereas him and his coaching staff do. I think fans raving about youngsters is all good and well but I think this is borne out of fantasy over our brilliant youth or frustration regarding specific players. 

Building them up publicly is about that young person’s self esteem nothing else. 

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, KeyserSoze said:

But then you’re not trusting SG’s management. I don’t see anyone in training whereas him and his coaching staff do. I think raving about youngsters is all good and well but I think this is borne out of fantasy over our brilliant youth or frustration regarding specific players. 

Building them up publicly is about that young person’s self esteem nothing else. 

I seriously question Gerrard's judgement when it comes to speaking about young players (that's not anything new though). It's Gerrard who has been the one raving about the brilliance of these players then ignoring them.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I seriously question Gerrard's judgement when it comes to speaking about young players (that's not anything new though). It's Gerrard who has been the one raving about the brilliance of these players then ignoring them.

Loan deals, selling and general “we are Rangers” is what it’s about. 

49 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Does calling them the next big think then refusing to play them give them confidence? Certainly didn't seem to work with Ross McCrorie. 

McCrorie looked like he was going to make it at that age. He stalled massively in his development. 
He doesn’t have the technical ability to play for us. 

If McCrorie was still here he’s easily 6/7th choice Cm and 3rd choice RB. 

Just now, ChampionsAgain said:

McCrorie looked like he was going to make it at that age. He stalled massively in his development. 
He doesn’t have the technical ability to play for us. 

If McCrorie was still here he’s easily 6/7th choice Cm and 3rd choice RB. 

And what stalled his development? A helluva drop to go from future captain to not good enough in a year.

15 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I get into so many arguments and butt heads because people hate the fact that I'm usually right. Like I am here.

"There was no bust up. Murts  wasn't even in the dressing room"

For a start you said that he wasn’t in the dressing room when he clearly was, as his own quote proved. Fair one I’ll give you that, about Miller if he has said that. My question would be who reported it to the powers that be at the club if it wasn’t Murty? 

there’s plenty of ill will towards Murty regarding the whole thing that saw two players of their ilk suspended, especially Wallace who was the ultimate pro. There’s no smoke without fire IMO when it comes to how Murty handled the situation. 

20 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I get into so many arguments and butt heads because people hate the fact that I'm usually right. Like I am here.

"There was no bust up. Murts  wasn't even in the dressing room"

:lol:

you get into so many arguments because you go against the grain with nearly every big topic and you're a fucking wank

1 minute ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

For a start you said that he wasn’t in the dressing room when he clearly was, as his own quote proved. Fair one I’ll give you that, about Miller if he has said that. My question would be who reported it to the powers that be at the club if it wasn’t Murty? 

there’s plenty of ill will towards Murty regarding the whole thing that saw two players of their ilk suspended, especially Wallace who was the ultimate pro. There’s no smoke without fire IMO when it comes to how Murty handled the situation. 

I said he wasn't in the dressing room at the time of the alleged bust up. Here's the post quoted

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Weird that you've not mentioned that those same players have all said Murty wasn't in the dressing room at the time. 

There's no "if he has said that" I've literally provided the quote and video of Miller saying it.

How did Murty handle the situation?

7 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

:lol:

you get into so many arguments because you go against the grain with nearly every big topic and you're a fucking wank

It’s funny how discussions are interpreted as arguments. And I’m not surprised by your lack of insight and general depth to any discussion. 

stick to your one line acerbic Interventions 👍 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Does anyone post something thinking they are wrong?

No but adding those types of words allows you to be open to discussions changing. 
if you’re dead cert on an opinion it comes across as being belligerent and a bit of a wank (in general)

probably why you get so much abuse. 

Why have a mind if you can’t change it?

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

So you seen him in a role which is a million miles away from the ones he's in now? 

A million miles? Not really is it. Shouldn’t be seeing him anywhere near Auchenhowie. 

My whole point, which you’ve missed, again is his mentality at Rangers was clear for all to see when he took over as manager, that’s never changed and will rub off on the young players. Simple

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

No but adding those types of words allows you to be open to discussions changing. 
if you’re dead cert on an opinion it comes across as being belligerent and a bit of a wank (in general)

probably why you get so much abuse. 

Why have a mind if you can’t change it?

My mind is always open to being changed.

That's not why there's a wee group of posters who get upset at the slightest sight of my name though. Miller and others saying Murty wasn't in the dressing room wasn't a matter of opinion and tbh, I dont really offer all that much in way of opinion on here.

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

A million miles? Not really is it. Shouldn’t be seeing him anywhere near Auchenhowie. 

My whole point, which you’ve missed, again is his mentality at Rangers was clear for all to see when he took over as manager, that’s never changed and will rub off on the young players. Simple

Aye, head of development for Academy players is a million miles away from first-team manager.

The same young players who all rave about working under him over the last four years? Those ones?

Just now, The Dude said:

Aye, head of development for Academy players is a million miles away from first-team manager.

The same young players who all rave about working under him over the last four years? Those ones?

Rave about him maybe cause they were given an easy ride considering we’ve had one in Nathan Patterson closest to being in the first team in those 4 years? 

His weak mentality will be rubbing off on those players, which is also probably a reason why we have 1 academy player about the first team

32 minutes ago, The Dude said:

And what stalled his development? A helluva drop to go from future captain to not good enough in a year.

In his 30+ appearances that year he maybe had 1/2 good games. 

No time for sentiment, if your good enough you’ll play. He will do well at Aberdeen because he fits that style of play. 

13 minutes ago, Blacky Bear said:

Guys is one of them, employed by us, who shat it against 10 men, then managed a semi final like Craig Levein would Scotland.

Also ruined the Legacy of a Rangers Great and a loyal Servant.

Fuck off Murty.

Never ruined anyones legacy.

3 minutes ago, ChampionsAgain said:

No time for sentiment, if your good enough you’ll play. He will do well at Aberdeen because he fits that style of play. 

We talking McCrorie 18/19?

5 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Rave about him maybe cause they were given an easy ride considering we’ve had one in Nathan Patterson closest to being in the first team in those 4 years? 

His weak mentality will be rubbing off on those players, which is also probably a reason why we have 1 academy player about the first team

Were they? Certainly from my experience I can say that is absolute bollocks that they were given an 'easy ride'.

Since Gerrard's arrived he's pushed McCrorie, Barjonas, Palmer, Kelly, Mayo, Rudden, McPake, Middleton and more into the first team squad before dropping them.

6 minutes ago, ChampionsAgain said:

If he had 1/2 good games, why on earth was the manager lauding him as a future captain?

8 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Raving about yir boss is about you not your boss. 

See if he was half as bad at his job as some want to think, do you not think we'd have binned him? Certainly wouldn't have given him a promotion over the summer if he was shite at what he does.

Archived