Graeme Murty

G.E.C.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

It’s funny how discussions are interpreted as arguments. And I’m not surprised by your lack of insight and general depth to any discussion. 

stick to your one line acerbic Interventions 👍 

It wasn't me described it as an argument originally :lol:

I like to let everyone know how I feel about a subject and move on from it, I don't feel the need to debate my opinion

32 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

No but adding those types of words allows you to be open to discussions changing. 
if you’re dead cert on an opinion it comes across as being belligerent and a bit of a wank (in general)

probably why you get so much abuse. 

Why have a mind if you can’t change it?

:lol:

19 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

@KeyserSoze I actually responded to you this morning giving my opinion of why Halliday was hard done by in that game but being the truly rude person you are you decided to ignore me

The audacity of you to then go on and attack me the way you have 

😂

16 hours ago, gj923 said:

So he has been given a desk job to oversee the conveyor belt of talent that makes it to the first team is what it sounds like.

Is that like the Carlsberg complaints department, if you remember the advert?

29 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

@KeyserSoze I actually responded to you this morning giving my opinion of why Halliday was hard done by in that game but being the truly rude person you are you decided to ignore me

The audacity of you to then go on and attack me the way you have 

Did I not say something like “that’s posted in hindsight” in response?

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

I said he wasn't in the dressing room at the time of the alleged bust up. Here's the post quoted

There's no "if he has said that" I've literally provided the quote and video of Miller saying it.

How did Murty handle the situation?

Two players got suspended after a heated dressing room row then were eventually cleared of any wrongdoing. If he was that put out by it then he could have fined them rather than escalating the situation within the club to HR. 

if you think that’s a good way of handling an incident that happens at all levels of football all the time then clearly it shows you’ve never played the game to any extent or understand the nature of a dressing room. 

usually what happens in the dressing room stays in the dressing room, to any manager worth his salt at least. 

31 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Two players got suspended after a heated dressing room row then were eventually cleared of any wrongdoing. If he was that put out by it then he could have fined them rather than escalating the situation within the club to HR. 

if you think that’s a good way of handling an incident that happens at all levels of football all the time then clearly it shows you’ve never played the game to any extent or understand the nature of a dressing room. 

usually what happens in the dressing room stays in the dressing room, to any manager worth his salt at least. 

They weren't cleared of any wrong doing. They appealed their sanctions, not the findings. 

What was the incident then? We've already got Miller confirming Murty wasn't there so what exactly happened? 

9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

They weren't cleared of any wrong doing. They appealed their sanctions, not the findings. 

What was the incident then? We've already got Miller confirming Murty wasn't there so what exactly happened? 

🤣🤣🤣 so they had the sanctions rescinded but they were actually guilty. Very good. 

“The players appealed that the process utilised by the club in arriving at the decision to sanction them had been unfair.

you’ve still to answer who reported it to HR? We’ll agree to disagree I don’t really fancy indulging you in your favourite part time of arguing with folk on the internet. Truth of the matter is most people know how out of his depth he was and the awful decisions he made but it’s not like you to go against the grain. 

5 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

🤣🤣🤣 so they had the sanctions rescinded but they were actually guilty. Very good. 

“The players appealed that the process utilised by the club in arriving at the decision to sanction them had been unfair.

you’ve still to answer who reported it to HR? We’ll agree to disagree I don’t really fancy indulging you in your favourite part time of arguing with folk on the internet. Truth of the matter is most people know how out of his depth he was and the awful decisions he made but it’s not like you to go against the grain. 

Do you have ANY idea what the incident was?

The quote you've put there literally agrees with the sentence before where you mock the idea they were 'guilty' despite winning their appeal. Their appeal didnt challenge the outcome of their hearings.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Do you have ANY idea what the incident was?

The quote you've put there literally agrees with the sentence before where you mock the idea they were 'guilty' despite winning their appeal. Their appeal didnt challenge the outcome of their hearings.

do you know what happened in the dressing room? 

Heard plenty people that were in the dressing room say it was nothing untoward, certainly no violence or anything that deserved a suspension. Again should have been dealt with by the manager but he was incapable. 

7 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

do you know what happened in the dressing room? 

Heard plenty people that were in the dressing room say it was nothing untoward, certainly no violence or anything that deserved a suspension. Again should have been dealt with by the manager but he was incapable. 

I've heard two different versions. Neither of which involve Murty and both involve a player with a history of undermining previous managers.

There was no ‘bust-up’ in the changing room’ involving Murty but the situation definitely involved him. Two players chewed-out their teammates for not playing for the jersey (quite rightly) and, when they got a lacklustre reaction from much of the squad, they felt strongly enough about it to go to Mark Allen, who then told Murty to get the squad under control. Murty felt these senior players had ‘gone above his head’, suffered a rush of ego, and insisted that they were punished (one was immediately told he’d be leaving when his contract expired in the summer, the other was basically left in the cold for months). 

When you think about the kind of club culture this behaviour encourages, it’s no wonder we’re still trying to clear the ‘apathetic loser’ mentality from our club, and it’s no wonder anyone internally who really ‘gets’ Rangers wants Murty gone. 

4 minutes ago, rangersross said:

There was no ‘bust-up’ in the changing room’ involving Murty but the situation definitely involved him. Two players chewed-out their teammates for not playing for the jersey (quite rightly) and, when they got a lacklustre reaction from much of the squad, they felt strongly enough about it to go to Mark Allen, who then told Murty to get the squad under control. Murty felt these senior players had ‘gone above his head’, suffered a rush of ego, and insisted that they were punished (one was immediately told he’d be leaving when his contract expired in the summer, the other was basically left in the cold for months). 

When you think about the kind of club culture this behaviour encourages, it’s no wonder we’re still trying to clear the ‘apathetic loser’ mentality from our club, and it’s no wonder anyone internally who really ‘gets’ Rangers wants Murty gone. 

Who internally wants him gone?

Archived