Ibrox upgrades

Jdee.rfc

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Cedrick said:

I just find it bizarre, the players leave the upgraded traditional dressing room , go along the upgraded traditional corridor then through seventh heaven to get to the pitch 😂

Minus shagger who stays behind

Don’t particularly hate it but there’s no doubt other areas needed attention before the ‘tunnel’. Why can we not power wash the white cladding on the club deck?? It’s a disgrace. The blue seats need changed so they all don’t look weather beaten and the general concourse areas in the stands need a make over and modernised. Thank heavens we appear to be getting working WiFi within the stadium..... I’m guessing that’s what the current work outside the main stand is at the moment?

4 minutes ago, Super Ally Scores Again! said:

Don’t particularly hate it but there’s no doubt other areas needed attention before the ‘tunnel’. Why can we not power wash the white cladding on the club deck?? It’s a disgrace. The blue seats need changed so they all don’t look weather beaten and the general concourse areas in the stands need a make over and modernised. Thank heavens we appear to be getting working WiFi within the stadium..... I’m guessing that’s what the current work outside the main stand is at the moment?

Probably fire a big mast up near the stadium so some wee nutjob 5g freak tarrier can come and burn it down 

15 minutes ago, Super Ally Scores Again! said:

It’s Scottish water mate 

9 hours ago, Essandoh said:

That is genuinely a fucking disgrace and whatever money they’ve spent on it should be spent again to get it changed back

That is a stain on Ibrox’s history and the legacies of all the greats that have walked down that tunnel

I can’t remember the last time I’ve been this angry at Rangers

Who the fuck authorised that? Another made up fan panel giving the go ahead? Get that so far to fuck.

Damage is done, no way you can get that all back. Absolute fucking cunts. Cunts should be shown the door for that. Fucking ridiculous.

The tunnel area that it re[;aces was done recently as in days gone by the way it used to be was nothing like the past 20 yrs , so I don't think its historic at all. Directly under the terracing of the old enclosure was a open area running the full length of the stand  where the players would warm up before  going down the tunnel.]

2 hours ago, tm91 said:

Yep, it's just the facade. Which is a good thing because otherwise they'd probably knock it down and build a big meccano set.

Don't think that's the way listings work. The whole building is listed and only bits explicitly excluded in the HES Statement of Special Interest aren't. Which is nothing in the Main Stand. So the whole thing is B listed.

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

The interior of the Main Stand has long lost any sense of heritage value.

Some parts have, others haven't. Marble staircase, concourse with exposed iron work, dressing rooms, etc, etc.

8 hours ago, Marky. said:

For everyone having a dig about oak panels heritage et al, have a look at that, a lick of paint and a couple of new doors and getting the cables in trunking would have been an improvement on that eyesore, but i think that would have been  exact;y the same as tunnels all over football.

What is in the spaces under the enclosure now?

Was that before the 4-4 game?

Used to hear the team getting ready to come on from the East enclosure. Kicking a ball about geeing each other up.  Felt like it was down below some windows.  ????
I might be making it up but I’m sure that’s what I remember as a young boy.  
maybe that was the “indoor training area0

Archived