Daniel Johnson - Preston North End FC

Rangers make £2m offer for EFL midfielder Daniel Johnson

Rangers have made a £2million bid for Preston midfielder Daniel Johnson, according to reports.

The Daily Mirror say Steven Gerrard is keen to bolster his midfield options with the news coming today that Joe Aribo is set for a longer period on the sidelines than first expected.

Jamaican born Johnson has socred 43 goals in over 200 appearances for Preston since his move to Deepdeale in 2015.

His contract is set to run out next summer, but the report states that Rangers are looking to cash in on the player this window.

Johnson scooped Preston's player of the year gong last term. North End boss Alex Neil spoke of his hope at keeping his top talents in a press conference yesterday.

He said: "It's not in my hands as I don't deal with the cash at the club because it's not my role.

"I've got my input in that I want the players to sign, I think it's clear that I want the players to sign.

"They've been key players for me in my whole time being here and I'd love them to stay, but ultimately the club will either get a deal done with them or they won't.

Rangers make £2m offer for EFL midfielder Daniel Johnson.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Reporter for the Preston Star, their local newspaper. Broke the story about Jim Jones growing the worlds largest courgette.

Get on the phone to Preston tonight and tell them we’ve got Scotty Arfield yasss.

Barton couldn’t kick his own arse up here because he was doing punditry in the summer before joining us, rather than a proper pre season. Let’s not pretend Joey Barton wasn’t a half decent footba

Posted Images

I was looking on twitter to see what Preston fans say about him.  Some of them seem to think he’d be worth a lot more than £2m if on a longer contract.  He was called PNE’s primary goal threat.  A number 10 and doesn’t suit being played deeper as a central midfielder.  PNE’s player of the year last season.  It all sounds promising enough. 

markem and Nk89 like this
49 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Saw the customary YouTube clip , scored some cracking long range and dribbling goals from the middle of the park , certainly looks like the kind of centre mid we’re looking for if he can reach the level required 

27 as well. Prime years and for £2-£3m not a bad buy. 

Cedrick likes this
3 hours ago, TMB said:

I was looking on twitter to see what Preston fans say about him.  Some of them seem to think he’d be worth a lot more than £2m if on a longer contract.  He was called PNE’s primary goal threat.  A number 10 and doesn’t suit being played deeper as a central midfielder.  PNE’s player of the year last season.  It all sounds promising enough. 

Doesn’t suit playing deeper so that’s probably exactly where he’ll play if signed