Daniel Johnson - Preston North End FC

13 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

Horrible bastard to do what? Get sent off? Win tackles n pass the ball 5 yards to kamara, Jack or Davis! We need someone like this for right of front 3, so Hagi/aribo can always be more central 

I'm not sure what signing a right winger has to do with me saying we need a bastard in the middle of the park

As for the 5 yard passes comment :lol: that's all our midfielders do

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Reporter for the Preston Star, their local newspaper. Broke the story about Jim Jones growing the worlds largest courgette.

Get on the phone to Preston tonight and tell them we’ve got Scotty Arfield yasss.

Barton couldn’t kick his own arse up here because he was doing punditry in the summer before joining us, rather than a proper pre season. Let’s not pretend Joey Barton wasn’t a half decent footba

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

I'm not sure what signing a right winger has to do with me saying we need a bastard in the middle of the park

As for the 5 yard passes comment :lol: that's all our midfielders do

You have said in this thread about Johnson that we need a bastard. Yip  and that what most hard midfielders do win the ball n pass it to playmaker. 

Sunday games, we didn't get bullied or ran over the top of! It was lack of finishing that cost us nothing more

billscott likes this
Just now, Nk89 said:

You have said in this thread about Johnson that we need a bastard. Yip  and that what most hard midfielders win the ball n pass it to playmaker. 

Sunday games, we didn't get bullied or ran over the top of! It was latch of finishing that cost us nothing more

Disagree

Nk89 likes this
37 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

I think he's a good player but it's a horrible bastard in the middle of the park we're needing

I know that's a pipe dream though as it doesn't fit in with the tippy tappy shite we persist with

A Terry Hurlock, Ian Ferguson or even a wee Stuart McCall with the dig is what we need in the middle of the pitch. 

BlueAvenger and hammer93 like this
6 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

You have said in this thread about Johnson that we need a bastard. Yip  and that what most hard midfielders do win the ball n pass it to playmaker. 

Sunday games, we didn't get bullied or ran over the top of! It was lack of finishing that cost us nothing more

We absolutely did get bullied, and assaulted on a couple of occasions 

5 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

A Terry Hurlock, Ian Ferguson or even a wee Stuart McCall with the dig is what we need in the middle of the pitch. 

Yup, someone who can give a bit back. 3 or 4 times in the first half a Hibs player done one of our players and not a bit of retaliation. 

BlueAvenger and McKissock like this
1 minute ago, Jeffrey said:

Yup, someone who can give a bit back. 3 or 4 times in the first half a Hibs player done one of our players and not a bit of retaliation. 

Likewise when Edwards fucked Morelos with that tackle. Where was Captain fantastic, or anyone? I know Barisic eventually got involved then subbed for his own good in case Clancy sent him aff. Team of shitebags in loads of different ways.

Like last season a midfield of Davis, Arfield and Kamara is too lightweight. We will get over run every time. There isn't enough fight in them. There needs to be a tough tackling midfielder in the SPL to compliment the other 2 midfielders. 

When Jack is out of the team we don't have another midfielder that loves a tackle. Personally I think that's what we should be looking for. Someone that can tackle and drive the team forward. 

I have no idea if Johnson is the answer but we need some fucker that will stand up and fight. 

Jeffrey and BlueAvenger like this
19 minutes ago, maverick1200 said:

I have no idea if Johnson is the answer but we need some fucker that will stand up and fight. 

I get your logic and sentiment mate but right at this moment I’d rather have a playmaking midfielder who can unlock a stubborn defence with footballing vision with an eye for goal himself. I’ll take Johnson or whoever else that can fill this role...

6 minutes ago, Robmc1 said:

I get your logic and sentiment mate but right at this moment I’d rather have a playmaking midfielder who can unlock a stubborn defence with footballing vision with an eye for goal himself. I’ll take Johnson or whoever else that can fill this role...

Aribo and Hagi 

magic8ball likes this
44 minutes ago, maverick1200 said:

Like last season a midfield of Davis, Arfield and Kamara is too lightweight. We will get over run every time. There isn't enough fight in them. There needs to be a tough tackling midfielder in the SPL to compliment the other 2 midfielders. 

When Jack is out of the team we don't have another midfielder that loves a tackle. Personally I think that's what we should be looking for. Someone that can tackle and drive the team forward. 

Allan Campbell could give us that and wouldn’t break the bank.  

falkirkNS and bluenoz like this
3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I genuinely don’t see a near 28 yr old Jobber from a mid Championship club is going to be the answer to our midfield issues.

Surely better out there.

He'll get us goals mate something which we're badly missing in the middle, not the final piece of the puzzle by any stretch but it's a start. 

7 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

I honestly think Arfield if allowed freedom to get forward could get 12-15 goals a season. 

Towards the end of his first season when he was making runs forward he was playing out his skin, then last season he was playing more centrally for some bizarre reason. 

Done well the last couple of games but he's never been consistent enough. 

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Towards the end of his first season when he was making runs forward he was playing out his skin, then last season he was playing more centrally for some bizarre reason. 

Done well the last couple of games but he's never been consistent enough. 

23 goals in 2 and a bit seasons where he hasn't always been a starter and has imo had the shackles on due to the system is a decent return

10 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

23 goals in 2 and a bit seasons where he hasn't always been a starter and has imo had the shackles on due to the system is a decent return

Didn't know he had scored that much admittedly, all the more puzzling why he's not been used in the proper manner at times. 

Jeffrey likes this
1 hour ago, British_Empire said:

Likewise when Edwards fucked Morelos with that tackle. Where was Captain fantastic, or anyone? I know Barisic eventually got involved then subbed for his own good in case Clancy sent him aff. Team of shitebags in loads of different ways.

If you read what you’ve written you will see why our players don’t get involved ,Our guys get booked for protesting ,Morelos has 2 bookings in the league and both are for reactions to a decision ,Now I know that’s a bootable offence but it’s only our players that get consistently booked for this type of offence .

scottyscott1963 and Robmc1 like this
1 hour ago, Robmc1 said:

I think we have players that can do that though.

I personally think we need to start being able to control the midfield battle so we have a platform to attack.

It's like we don't have a midfield at time. 

I'm fine with the quality of Johnson but I don't think he's what we need. He's very much akin to what we use Aribo and Hagi for, he's not going to do anything to keep Davis, Jack or Kamara out of the team. Maybe one of them with Aribo moving back a slot but there's still a need for one of them in the deepest position. I think we were on the right track with a Zungu type of player. Get a quality deep powerhouse player and you can play him, Aribo and Hagi all together. If we get Johnson then either Aribo or Hagi need to go instead of Davis/Jack/Kamara. Not to mention the fact that Roofe is mostly occupying these positions in the team also when there's full selection available. 

2 hours ago, British_Empire said:

I've been watching a lot of old footage and McCall is the type of player this team is crying out for....the amount of tackles you see him win then he moves the ball forward without any fucking about...I know formations have changed these days and their is so much less room to play a quick forward pass...someone with the talent to do it may catch a few teams out with the element of suprise

Robmc1 likes this
20 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Seems to me that we have similar type players to Johnson in Hagi, Aribo & Kent.

It is a more robust presence we need.

Aribo does his best work from deeper positions.  He was playing as a LB when he scored that amazing solo goal against Braga.  He doesn't seem as effective in a more advanced position which we did try last season.

Kent wants to run at people and commit defenders.  Hagi has ability in spades but he's young and really inconsistent.

I think if we got Johnson we'd use him at RW and ask him to come in more centrally.  He does seem like a consistent performer and his playmaking style from an advanced position is different to anything we have now IMO.

I agree we need a ball winner in midfield next to Aribo and I hope we get that over and above Johnson.

GlasgowRangersFC likes this