Jump to content

Daniel Johnson - Preston North End FC


Recommended Posts

 

Aribo does his best work from deeper positions.  He was playing as a LB when he scored that amazing solo goal against Braga.  He doesn't seem as effective in a more advanced position which we did try last season.

Kent wants to run at people and commit defenders.  Hagi has ability in spades but he's young and really inconsistent.

I think if we got Johnson we'd use him at RW and ask him to come in more centrally.  He does seem like a consistent performer and his playmaking style from an advanced position is different to anything we have now IMO.

I agree we need a ball winner in midfield next to Aribo and I hope we get that over and above Johnson.

Not sure I agree with the Aribo bit as he has scored some vital goals and assists from an advanced position.

I like the fact Johnson appears to shoot from distance. Sure sounds like Gerrard wants him and for this coming Sunday!

Yes, Hagi is most definitely a work in progress and we need to remain patient with him. Look at the progress in Ryan Kent from last season to this season. Hagi will be on a similar path.

Nelson loyal likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Reporter for the Preston Star, their local newspaper. Broke the story about Jim Jones growing the worlds largest courgette.

Get on the phone to Preston tonight and tell them we’ve got Scotty Arfield yasss.

Barton couldn’t kick his own arse up here because he was doing punditry in the summer before joining us, rather than a proper pre season. Let’s not pretend Joey Barton wasn’t a half decent footba

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Jeffrey said:

Aribo and Hagi 

Both hugely talented but young and can be inconsistent, think we have really missed Aribo though who has made the best possible start to the season before injury. I’d expand on my first comment to include ‘experienced’, which as well as adding what I feel we are missing when our backs are up against the wall, hopefully someone of this description could add to the above two’s learning development. As I said, I get your point but in the current climate do you expect anything else other than card after card and pundit condemnation (usual suspects) for any player we brought in who was classed as ‘physical’ or an enforcer. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jeffrey said:

I think he's a good player but it's a horrible bastard in the middle of the park we're needing

I know that's a pipe dream though as it doesn't fit in with the tippy tappy shite we persist with

I think we could, and should, sign a horrible bastard who can still play passing football. Fuck knows who or if they're even in our price range, mind you.

Jeffrey, Jonok and kelvd1873 like this
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, TMB said:

Aribo does his best work from deeper positions.  He was playing as a LB when he scored that amazing solo goal against Braga.  He doesn't seem as effective in a more advanced position which we did try last season.

Kent wants to run at people and commit defenders.  Hagi has ability in spades but he's young and really inconsistent.

I think if we got Johnson we'd use him at RW and ask him to come in more centrally.  He does seem like a consistent performer and his playmaking style from an advanced position is different to anything we have now IMO.

I agree we need a ball winner in midfield next to Aribo and I hope we get that over and above Johnson.

This is where he's been excelling this season and pre-season. He should be box-to-box or more advanced

McKissock likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

I’ve no idea why people think we need to add a horrible bastard into the midfield when we have 70% possession.

We need creativity.

We need someone who will take the ball anywhere in midfield, run forwards and fire it solely at the goal. If they can run through players whilst doing so, all the better.

We also need the assistants to throw stuff at any midfielder or forward who passes it needless sideways more than once a game without moving the ball upfield. There's plenty of seats for them to use.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

This horrible bastard people want us to sign, there is fuck all chance they will be allowed to play such a game in our colours.  Have none of you seen how we are refereed?

If you're talking about fouling or going in hard, I guess it's about doing it without being noticed, a lot of our players don't seem to be very street-wisePersonally I wasn't talking about someone like Souness, because times have changed and he'd not last very long in a modern game without being sent off. 

It's more to do with physicality & mentality for me, someone tough who drives the team on when things aren't going our way. Someone who the opposition will think twice about being a cunt to.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Swally said:

If you're talking about fouling or going in hard, I guess it's about doing it without being noticed, a lot of our players don't seem to be very street-wisePersonally I wasn't talking about someone like Souness, because times have changed and he'd not last very long in a modern game without being sent off. 

It's more to do with physicality & mentality for me, someone tough who drives the team on when things aren't going our way. Someone who the opposition will think twice about being a cunt to.

Sorry our players always get noticed and / or compliance officered. There is no chance 'streetwise' is allowed to happen if you play for Rangers. The press are all over it to ensure we get hauled up. 

Honestly I think some fans live in a different world where we are allowed to give back what we get.

gogzy and Bears r us like this
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

Sorry our players always get noticed and / or compliance officered. There is no chance 'streetwise' is allowed to happen if you play for Rangers. The press are all over it to ensure we get hauled up. 

Honestly I think some fans live in a different world where we are allowed to give back what we get.

I think you really don’t understand what I’m getting at, I told you the type of player I was talking about. If you can’t accept that and still think I want a guy kicking the opposition, it’s pointless discussing this :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Swally said:

I think you really don’t understand what I’m getting at, I told you the type of player I was talking about. If you can’t accept that and still think I want a guy kicking the opposition, it’s pointless discussing this :lol:

Maybe you should words of one syllable might make your posts more understandable. 

I have fuck all clue what you are getting at.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Creampuff said:

I’ve no idea why people think we need to add a horrible bastard into the midfield when we have 70% possession.

We need creativity.

We need to stamp out petulant elbows, body checks and stamping on our players first and having a nasty bastard in midfield makes you think twice about leaving a a leg in on his team mates. All those niggly fouls, which are not being officiated properly take their toll on our players during a match. Fix that and the creativity will follow imo! 

British_Empire likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

we are spending more than the tarriers... how many players we need 30 man squad??? outgoings are not bringing us anything in, Missing McCrorie etc, Sunday is his kinda game, more so jack is out, gerrards 2nd biggest regret will be mccrorie after candeias, give me candeias than barker, jones, ojo( last season) and middleton COMbined

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

We need to stamp out petulant elbows, body checks and stamping on our players first and having a nasty bastard in midfield makes you think twice about leaving a a leg in on his team mates. All those niggly fouls, which are not being officiated properly take their toll on our players during a match. Fix that and the creativity will follow imo! 

Aye, it'll be a great help when our nasty bastard is sent off within 30 minutes.

As others haver said... we have seen how someone like Morelos is treated by officials. If we had a midfielder that was known to leave a foot in, he'd be off after the first challenge. 

 

gordo7 and magic8ball like this
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

Maybe you should words of one syllable might make your posts more understandable. 

I have fuck all clue what you are getting at.

You don't need to kick and elbow opposition players to have a formidable presence, you can be large in stature and be intimidating without doing that, having a player who isn't powderpuff and easily pushed and pulled about is a necessity for some games because the opposition sometimes take advantage of the fact we don't have that. A player that wont go into hiding after been given the boot, a player that will drive the team forward when things aren't going to plan.

I'd much rather have the option to bring on for certain games. We would all like a souness type player, but the fact is that type of player really wouldn't get on well nowadays, especially if they played for us :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, doc holliday said:

Oh for a John Greig,Souness or Hurlock in that midfield.

Not one of them would have managed to play half the games in a season now.  the compliance officer and dodgy refs would have them red carded and suspended every time they played.

Morelos is probably the closest we have to an in your face aggressive player,  look how he is treated.

 

real boydie9 and magic8ball like this
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kelvd1873 said:

We need to stamp out petulant elbows, body checks and stamping on our players first and having a nasty bastard in midfield makes you think twice about leaving a a leg in on his team mates. All those niggly fouls, which are not being officiated properly take their toll on our players during a match. Fix that and the creativity will follow imo! 

Not if that nasty bastard can't get a game due to suspensions, which would almost certainly happen if we had a nasty bastard to call upon.

We can barely even show any aggression without getting shafted by the refs.

It's not an aggressive player we need.  It's someone who can link middle to front, play defense splitting passes etc.  And do it quickly.  We spend way too much time faffing about in midfield.

 

If he is also a hard bastard, then that's a bonus :lol:

gordo7 likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, falkirkNS said:

we are spending more than the tarriers... how many players we need 30 man squad??? outgoings are not bringing us anything in, Missing McCrorie etc, Sunday is his kinda game, more so jack is out, gerrards 2nd biggest regret will be mccrorie after candeias, give me candeias than barker, jones, ojo( last season) and middleton COMbined

Candias is a loss to the team IMO.  Said it at the time, we should never have sold him.

falkirkNS and WilliamMunny like this
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Iakona said:

Aye, it'll be a great help when our nasty bastard is sent off within 30 minutes.

As others haver said... we have seen how someone like Morelos is treated by officials. If we had a midfielder that was known to leave a foot in, he'd be off after the first challenge. 

 

He doesn’t have to be dirty, Kevin Thomson wasn’t dirty but was hard as fucking nails!!

real boydie9 likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, kelvd1873 said:

He doesn’t have to be dirty, Kevin Thomson wasn’t dirty but was hard as fucking nails!!

I don’t think Thomson was ‘hard as nails’ tbh. He could handle hold his own, which isn’t a surprise considering he’s Scottish and he was brought up among the style of football here, but he was never a player who I would immediately label hard as nails in the same way that you would somebody like Souness or Ian Ferguson.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Upcoming Events

    • 22 October 2020 16:55 Until 18:55
      0  
      Standard Liege v Rangers
      Stade de Sclessin
      Europa League

×
×
  • Create New...