Daniel Johnson - Preston North End FC

I’m not even sure it’s an out and out ‘creative’ midfielder that we need tbh.

Jack, Kamara & Davis are all decent at what they do but it is mainly recycling possession in a one paced and sideways manner. 

What we really need next to one of them is somebody who is going to play more ‘vertically’ on the pitch, be that through getting on the ball and driving the team forward faster than we do at the moment or forcing opposition players to drag themselves out of position and commit to trying to win the ball.

Supersonic and MurrayWilson like this
  • Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Reporter for the Preston Star, their local newspaper. Broke the story about Jim Jones growing the worlds largest courgette.

Get on the phone to Preston tonight and tell them we’ve got Scotty Arfield yasss.

Barton couldn’t kick his own arse up here because he was doing punditry in the summer before joining us, rather than a proper pre season. Let’s not pretend Joey Barton wasn’t a half decent footba

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Jack, Kamara & Davis are all decent at what they do but it is mainly recycling possession in a one paced and sideways manner. 

What we really need next to one of them is somebody who is going to play more ‘vertically’ on the pitch, be that through getting on the ball and driving the team forward faster than we do at the moment or forcing opposition players to drag themselves out of position and commit to trying to win the ball.

‘Recycling possession’, ‘play more vertically’ :anguish: 

8 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Aribo and Kent?

But yes, agree to an extent.  Perhaps Johnson is that player.  

4 hours ago, Jeffrey said:

I never said anything about thuggery.

How many times was McCrorie sent off? Once I think? For a last man challenge. He was a tough tackler with a physical presence.

Sent off twice m8....both for last man offences....once as a CB and once as a DM....I keep hearing that Sunday was the type of game we needed a Mcrorie.....what makes people believe that Mcrorie playing stops their centre backs being over physical....as it was pointed out we had close to 68% possession, that would suggest that getting on the ball was not an issue.... if we only had 30% of the ball their would be a case to say we were bullied in the middle of the park but that wasn't the case

magic8ball likes this
6 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Sent off twice m8....both for last man offences....once as a CB and once as a DM....I keep hearing that Sunday was the type of game we needed a Mcrorie.....what makes people believe that Mcrorie playing stops their centre backs being over physical....as it was pointed out we had close to 68% possession, that would suggest that getting on the ball was not an issue.... if we only had 30% of the ball their would be a case to say we were bullied in the middle of the park but that wasn't the case

Folk are clutching at straws for something that could improve us ,Doesn’t matter what happens we still have the problem that cost us on Sunday ,A tough tackling midfielder won’t make the linesman see the offside or the push on Helander .Just the same as he won’t make sure Kent and Arfield take those chances .

If Arfield or Kent take those chances and the linesman does his job we win 3 1 at least ,This forum would have been a very different place then .

16 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Rangers are very rarely dominated in the middle of the pitch.  We dominate possession in just about every SPFL game we play.  We dominated Celtic at Hampden and Parkhead during the last two Old Firms.  We even did very well in Europe I remember Kamara had some ridiculous stats away to Porto.

I do think having a hard working box-to-box player in midfield would be an advantage.  But, any player we sign must have ability on the ball.  I think McCorie's lack of ability on the ball is the reason he was released. 

15 hours ago, gogzy said:

Candias is a loss to the team IMO.  Said it at the time, we should never have sold him.

I argue like fuck mate, even tavernier went off the boil and was lost without him last season.

He brought in around 6 wingers, combined none have gave us what candeias did

gogzy likes this
1 hour ago, Jeffrey said:

You can be bullied and have more possesion than the opponents no idea why people are bringing that up

Because we don't get away with a hard midfielder. We need a midfield goal threat, an Albertz type. Our long range shooting is pish to non-existent. 

Happy to agree to disagree on the hard man one.

Don't get me wrong nothing better than someone able to leave their mark, just I don't believe it is worth our time just now.

Just now, dummiesoot said:

Because we don't get away with a hard midfielder. We need a midfield goal threat, an Albertz type. Our long range shooting is pish to non-existent. 

Happy to agree to disagree on the hard man one.

Don't get me wrong nothing better than someone able to leave their mark, just I don't believe it is worth our time just now.

We can’t afford players being sent off. You’re absolutely right the way officiating is. 

2 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

I argue like fuck mate, even tavernier went off the boil and was lost without him last season.

Candeias was fine without being great.

Jones, Barker, Hastie & Stewart have offered us little to nothing since arriving after Candeias left.

In the next two weeks, we need to get the transfers right.

Swally, falkirkNS and kanjo like this
2 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

Bar the wee spell of Tynecastle and YB away Tav was brilliant first half of the season, he didn't look lost without him one bit. There was fuck all wrong with selling Candeias, some of his attacking output was dreadful at times. The problem was we replaced him with cunts worse than him, not better.

Ivybank likes this
38 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Candeias was fine without being great.

Jones, Barker, Hastie & Stewart have offered us little to nothing since arriving after Candeias left.

In the next two weeks, we need to get the transfers right.

Tavernier and Candeias made the right flank the strongest part of the Rangers team. It hasn’t been the same since he left.

Candeias ran himself in to the ground pressing high up the pitch and tracking back.  A superhuman effort at times and all the way to the final whistle.  If we had a team of guys who worked that hard we’d rarely drop a point.

falkirkNS, Inigo and bluemc like this
3 minutes ago, TMB said:

Tavernier and Candeias made the right flank the strongest part of the Rangers team. It hasn’t been the same since he left.

Candeias ran himself in to the ground pressing high up the pitch and tracking back.  A superhuman effort at times and all the way to the final whistle.  If we had a team of guys who worked that hard we’d rarely drop a point.

That's a stretch too far for me. 

I'm assuming Johnson will play on the right (left footed) and be an upgrade on Candeias.

38 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

Bar the wee spell of Tynecastle and YB away Tav was brilliant first half of the season, he didn't look lost without him one bit. There was fuck all wrong with selling Candeias, some of his attacking output was dreadful at times. The problem was we replaced him with cunts worse than him, not better.

No he wasn’t lol.

Anyway, can we stop talking about Candeias, he was pish, and always will be pish.