*****Official Red Imps v Rangers Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, British_Empire said:

Likewise. 

It's clearly an attitude thing rather than ability. 

Jones attitude probably stinks whereas Brandon Barker will probably do anything asked, not talk back, run himself into the ground in training, listen closely to anything the manager says etc. Which is commendable and the way a professional should act - but it doesn't make him a good player either (certainly not a Rangers-class player).

Gerrard has used the word ‘trust’ to describe players previously. 

Looks very much like he trusts Barker & does not trust Jones.

48 minutes ago, Amokachi said:

Gerrard has used the word ‘trust’ to describe players previously. 

Looks very much like he trusts Barker & does not trust Jones.

True but the funny thing Is, I don't trust Barker's ability to succeed at Rangers despite being a Gerrard favourite. 

I can, in his defence, see a little more now why he might just be a useful squad option, but he's been first pick a few times this season which is worrying.

Shades of Halliday about it and the whole trust/someone that does anything that's asked of him - which doesn't equate to Rangers-class players from it.

2 hours ago, British_Empire said:

True but the funny thing Is, I don't trust Barker's ability to succeed at Rangers despite being a Gerrard favourite. 

I can, in his defence, see a little more now why he might just be a useful squad option, but he's been first pick a few times this season which is worrying.

Shades of Halliday about it and the whole trust/someone that does anything that's asked of him - which doesn't equate to Rangers-class players from it.

He's only started due to the injury of Aribo in competitive games so still a squad player IMO.

4 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Is it true Morelos is out for this and possibly the next two league games?

He travelled with the squad to Gibraltar and seemed to be walking pretty fine (going by the video on YouTube).

Given there was no sign of Jack, Barker or Balogun, I’d take it there’s a good chance Alfie's going to be involved.

8 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I've got it.

Not a clue what I pay 😳

I got it last year and I think it was half price for six months £5, not checked for a while to see if it has gone up to £10 or more. Shite having to have all these channels but it is better than not being able to see the games.

My excuse is I no longer drink and don't smoke so I pay to watch football instead. 😁

7 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I got it last year and I think it was half price for six months £5, not checked for a while to see if it has gone up to £10 or more. Shite having to have all these channels but it is better than not being able to see the games.

My excuse is I no longer drink and don't smoke so I pay to watch football instead. 😁

I drink which results in me not knowing what I'm paying for 😂.

Smoking is a mugs game and I'll break my boys fingers if they try.

20 minutes ago, SpiritofBillStruth said:

Think i read somewhere all 4 injured players were registered for the tie but Jordan Jones has been left out again. Clearly no future here. Why isn't he pushing for a move to get games elsewhere? Is it about money? Which then questions his personality and professionalism. 

Probably a similar story that happens all the time. Player like him moves from a small team on a small wage to us, flops and then any smaller teams can't afford the fee/wage we are giving him.

Archived