Michael Stewart At It Again

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Unfortunately he isn’t though as he has numerous platforms to spout this agenda which informs public opinion. 

He can spout as much as he wants. Shouldn't make a difference to us. He's a walloper who aspires to be a carbon copy of Chris Sutton. Completely and utterly irrelevant to our club. If you want to pay attention to him and get annoyed by his comments, that's on you mate. 

1 minute ago, DeanMK said:

He can spout as much as he wants. Shouldn't make a difference to us. He's a walloper who aspires to be a carbon copy of Chris Sutton. Completely and utterly irrelevant to our club. If you want to pay attention to him and get annoyed by his comments, that's on you mate. 

That's an odd stance.

Guys like Stewart and Sutton (whether we like it or not) are far from an irrelevance when they can run us into the ground, in public, on platforms (in Stewart's case a public-funded one) 

Their irresponsible comments form bandwagons against us and generate heat. It's extremely naive to think otherwise.

16 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

I don’t get annoyed or even listen to the guy. My point is he has multiple platforms in Scotland which essentially shape the narrative of our players and club. 

All well and good ignoring the wee weasel but he sets a narrative everytime he’s in the media, whether that be analysis, radio or newspaper and that’s a problem for us as a club 

13 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

That's an odd stance.

Guys like Stewart and Sutton (whether we like it or not) are far from an irrelevance when they can run us into the ground, in public, on platforms (in Stewart's case a public-funded one) 

Their irresponsible comments form bandwagons against us and generate heat. It's extremely naive to think otherwise.

I would agree with you completely in a normal society. But in this situation, who are the people who lap up these comments and form the bandwagons? People who already have a negative opinion of us. If Michael Stewart gets up tomorrow and starts singing our praises, the people who were agreeing with him yesterday will be ridiculing him. 

The people who wholeheartedly listen to people like Sutton and Stewart will never change their opinion of us, so I see no reason to even care about them. 

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I don’t get annoyed or even listen to the guy. My point is he has multiple platforms in Scotland which essentially shape the narrative of our players and club. 

All well and good ignoring the wee weasel but he sets a narrative everytime he’s in the media, whether that be analysis, radio or newspaper and that’s a problem for us as a club 

I get where you're coming from, but as alluded to in another comment. People like Michael Stewart don't shape or sway the public opinion of our club, they simply criticize our every move because they know it will be lapped up by their target demographic... Every other cunt in Scottish football that isn't one of us. 

22 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

It already has though. 

It hasn't. Michael Stewart is riding on the coattails of an anti-Rangers agenda that has been rife in Scotland for years. We have two types of people in the Scottish football universe. Us and everyone else. We'll never change everyone else's opinion of our club, so I don't see why Stewart's opinion's should be taken seriously. 

5 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Totally agree.stewart should be an irrelevance but as we all know sportscene sets the agenda for what the so called compliance officer deals with and as we all know if Morelos had made that challenge and got off scot free then the shit storm in the media would have been off the scale.

Archived