The gaffer calling them Dundee

AlCapone

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked in his comments too he said (and I'm paraphrasing) "the tackle (on Morelos) I'm not asking for the kid to get a red, I'm not wanting to be that type of manager that shouts about this and that, however, if the shoe was on the other foot and Alfredo made that challenge it would have been different"

Not those exact words, but it was something to that effect.

Just calling out the tackle whilst indirectly calling it a red and saying we get treated differently. Played fairly sensibly to keep him out of trouble while getting the point across.

25 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I liked in his comments too he said (and I'm paraphrasing) "the tackle (on Morelos) I'm not asking for the kid to get a red, I'm not wanting to be that type of manager that shouts about this and that, however, if the shoe was on the other foot and Alfredo made that challenge it would have been different"

Just calling out the tackle whilst indirectly calling it a red and saying we get treated differently. Played fairly sensibly to keep him out of trouble while getting the point across.

I was working so listened to clyde. They played the interview out and  keevins was moaning about it saying he doesn’t understand why Gerrard said any of it. He basically was deflecting away from the real issue and trying to turn it on Gerrard. The truth hurts these pricks and they don’t like it.

54 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Gerrard's honesty to the support I genuinely feel is unprecedented in my lifetime with managers. That comes with issues in terms of throwing players under the bus etc and I'm absolutely one to get ahead of myself in criticising him in emotional moments, but when everything dies down I at least know he's being sincere. He's not the complete package yet, but its quite obvious that he realised from Day 1 here how big Rangers Football Club really is.

And that really isn't a small feat. Outside of the top English players, there are plenty down south who lack the humility to accept the size of our Club. Gerrard gets it.

He isn't bulletproof but there's some comfort in criticising him that, at the very least, we have a converted Rangers man in the dugout.

53 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

SG was spot on with his comments subtle but to the point 

2 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Gerrard's honesty to the support I genuinely feel is unprecedented in my lifetime with managers. That comes with issues in terms of throwing players under the bus etc and I'm absolutely one to get ahead of myself in criticising him in emotional moments, but when everything dies down I at least know he's being sincere. He's not the complete package yet, but its quite obvious that he realised from Day 1 here how big Rangers Football Club really is.

And that really isn't a small feat. Outside of the top English players, there are plenty down south who lack the humility to accept the size of our Club. Gerrard gets it.

He isn't bulletproof but there's some comfort in criticising him that, at the very least, we have a converted Rangers man in the dugout.

Yeah for a lot of his faults and valid criticisms we have of him, he get's other sides of it such as what this Scottish football environment is like. I still think he should have said something in protest at celtic getting handed a title they never won, though. Basically everyone at our club went down in my estimation over their silence and/or refusal to fight that in all honesty. Can't lie about how I feel because I feel strongly about it.

23 minutes ago, murzo said:

I was working so listened to clyde. They played the interview out and  keevins was moaning about it saying he doesn’t understand why Gerrard said any of it. He basically was deflecting away from the real issue and trying to turn it on Gerrard. The truth hurts these pricks and they don’t like it.

Keeven's was the only one who said that it wasn’t a straight red, another example as per the above of craving publicity by latching on to controversy... 

Archived