• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm 36 so nowhere near as old as some of the other guys who your thread probably aimed at, but I'd still like to leave a special mention of my own in Ian Ferguson. One of the last few successful,

Ian "I only have a drink when Rangers win a trophy, that's why people think I'm an alcoholic" Ferguson. 

Pieter Huistra I think gets less mentions because he left not long after Brian Laudrup arrived and he doesn’t get the credit he deserves. He was a cracking player.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, slimjim1690 said:

Was just about to ask that LOL!!,  most of the really older bears must be tucked up in their beds, present company excluded.:thumbsup:

im as old as the woman i feel, she is 9 years younger than me.......... and to all you perverts, no pics :thumbup::mutley:

slimjim1690 likes this

Huistra is a good shout. Bit inconsistent. Traditional winger that way, but did a lot of important things for us. Even gets overshadowed by Miko, which he really shouldn't. His goal v Brugges is one of the best TV watching moments I've had.

HG5 likes this
1 hour ago, 2nd Flute said:

Think I was an auld bastard at 24 tbh mate  :lol:

through the middle/late 80s, raving, partying, many naughty engagements with other firms, we were:lol: life didn't revolve around phones or a laptop im currently using, it was real, fuck its a shame we get auld #stillfeellikeimtwenty

2nd Flute and roboscot like this
1 minute ago, Ibroxholm said:

Andy Penman from the late 60’s  and Bobby McKean from the70’s.  Two very good footballers who never seemed to get the recognition they deserved when playing for us imo.

Another you’ve reminded me of was Johnny Hamilton. Tidy, unfussy and played when we were really up against it.

HG5 and Ibroxholm like this
19 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

Rod Wallace, contributed with some important goals and key member of team in what was a very successful period under Dick.

Yes for sure what a shrewd signing.He done the job to great effect and seemed a nice guy too. Also 27 goals in that treble winning season....that was a canny side!!!

Bearsden bear likes this
3 minutes ago, Inigo said:

On that note, Macpherson filled in well af fullback too. A good, good CB that never got the recognition he deserved. Looking goofy probably didn't help him, but make no mistake, he was a good player.

I won a good few quid from big McPherson as first goalscorer bets over the years. Big man used to be very good odds and whilst my memory might be damaged through alcohol I'm sure he got plenty of first goals for us. 

Inigo likes this
4 minutes ago, blueballss said:

through the middle/late 80s, raving, partying, many naughty engagements with other firms, we were:lol: life didn't revolve around phones or a laptop im currently using, it was real, fuck its a shame we get auld #stillfeellikeimtwenty

Aw man, parties, Flute band ,Rangers, great days you never forget, and as you say, no phones, no Internet, phone was a big red box stinking a pish :lol:

blueballss likes this