Older Bears

Essandoh

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, The Widow's Son said:

Jimmy Millar and Ralph Brand were fine players, Jim Forrest too.  Always thought that Quinton Young put in a good shift whenever I was home to see games in the 1970's and thought Colin Jackson was better than many thought.  

Quinton Young. There's a name from the past. Great player mate.

1 hour ago, The Widow's Son said:

Jimmy Millar and Ralph Brand were fine players, Jim Forrest too.  Always thought that Quinton Young put in a good shift whenever I was home to see games in the 1970's and thought Colin Jackson was better than many thought.  

My old man said he was dreadful when he was first in and out the team and that they were glad he was out the side for the CWC Final, but he got a lot better once paired with Tam Forsyth.

On 12/09/2020 at 22:54, Colin Traive said:

John Brown was overshadowed by many big names around him but he gave everything for the jersey.

McDonald, Russell, Mathieson, Munro, Rod Wallace all suggested and spot on.

From the big money era, the least celebrated was Claudio Reyna, a really intelligent footballer. Wished he’d been with us longer.

And then there was Papac.....

Papac was a fantastic player for us.  Solid every single game, can’t actually think of him ever having a bad game for us.

9 minutes ago, CumbernauldBear said:

Papac was a fantastic player for us.  Solid every single game, can’t actually think of him ever having a bad game for us.

I really think the legend of Papac has grown arms and legs since he retired. Was decent, consistent without every being spectacular. Wouldn’t say he was fantastic. 

47 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I really think the legend of Papac has grown arms and legs since he retired. Was decent, consistent without every being spectacular. Wouldn’t say he was fantastic. 

He won three league titles three Scottish cups an three League Cups, including a treble in his six years and 160 odd games in a defence that was reportedly our best in years.  

doesn’t need any arms and legs Greame lad, just black n white. 

6 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

He won three league titles three Scottish cups an three League Cups, including a treble in his six years and 160 odd games in a defence that was reportedly our best in years.  

Kirk Broadfoot won 3 league titles, a league cup and played in a European final. Doesn’t make him fantastic. 

Edit: although I would say he was quite under appreciated.

2 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Papac never won a treble

Archived