Older Bears

Essandoh

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, .Williamson. said:

I caught a glimpse of this show recently when the girlfriend was minding her niece and I'm pretty sure the family bullies the Da quite badly in it

He needs to take a firm hand with that delinquent kid of his before it's too late

Fucked that gif too it’s them pigs doing head, shoulders knees and feet.  

not gifing once I posted it ffs

8 hours ago, coopsleftboot said:

Bobby McKean.

Was around just at the start of me appreciating football, and I'd only been to a few games, and he was a guy that stood out for a 10-year-old (ish).  Sadly taken so young when he was destined to be a great player for us.

My favourite player after wee Bud. I was devastated when I heard the news about his passing. Happened a few days before the 1978 League Cup final against Them . I remember his performance against Hearts in the 1976 Scottish Cup final. He was unstoppable that day. 

On 14/09/2020 at 09:18, CumbernauldBear said:

Papac was a fantastic player for us.  Solid every single game, can’t actually think of him ever having a bad game for us.

Take it you missed his games at Centre Half (the position he was bought for ) then ?  Walter preferred Svensson over him until he could get Weir and Ehiogu signed . Fair play to him for reinventing himself at Left Back , but for an international player he was on a par with Russell Martin at Centre Back .

On 14/09/2020 at 00:30, hammer93 said:

But Dave Smith is well thought after 🤔

Dave Smith was prob.the first time we tried playing a sweeper behind the defence and he was brilliant  perfect job for him.  i may be wrong but he might have got the job after 2 leg breaks.

On 14/09/2020 at 14:32, KeyserSoze said:

Not sure Hurlock was an actual football player tbh. 
more like something out of WWE

That’s another story that’s grown arms and legs .He was no better than average and genuinely wasn’t that hard in midfield 

Stuart McCall was far more effective and harder 

16 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

That’s another story that’s grown arms and legs .He was no better than average and genuinely wasn’t that hard in midfield 

Stuart McCall was far more effective and harder 

I’d go as far to say he was pish tbh. Many of his tackles were mistimed and made him look like a thug.  

On 14/09/2020 at 13:39, .Williamson. said:

I caught a glimpse of this show recently when the girlfriend was minding her niece and I'm pretty sure the family bullies the Da quite badly in it

He needs to take a firm hand with that delinquent kid of his before it's too late

He's not as bad as Norman Price!

Yours

Grandpa Loyal 😁🇬🇧

Archived