Tavernier 250 games

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems a bit strange that there hasn't been a thread started already about this, our captain reaching a big milestone, but I suppose that's just a reflection of the mixed feelings about Tav throughout

300k for him,  brilliant business.  solid professional and does a good job for us.  Best RB in the country and it isn't even close.

Thought by his own standards he was pretty poor last season , but seems to be back to his normal self this one . A thorough professional that bombs up and down the park all day , a threat going forward and always makes himself available , I really hope he gets to lift a trophy this year . 

The lack of a thread is testament to how important silverware is in our perceptions. He's been a fantastic servant - rarely injured and always reliable. He has also improved significantly over his time here, has been uncommonly effective as a right back, and has been with us through times both good and very bad while always being willing to get up and keep going despite the setbacks.

But he hasn't won anything since 2016, which for any Rangers player in any other era would be a damning statistic.

If we win the league this season and a cup or two he will go down as a Hall of Famer and a Rangers legend, whether people rate him or not. 

3 minutes ago, gogzy said:

300k for him,  brilliant business.  solid professional and does a good job for us.  Best RB in the country and it isn't even close.

if he wasnt our skipper his facts would be raved about.

Still cant forgive him for starting the move for no necks winner against at parkheid seasons ago.

25 minutes ago, wully said:

if he wasnt our skipper his facts would be raved about.

Still cant forgive him for starting the move for no necks winner against at parkheid seasons ago.

I can.  It was a mistake,  they happen.

I look at all the assists he has had, the goals he has scored and the work he has done, and that mistake pales in comparison.

Real Ranger, wully and graeme_4 like this

For quite awhile I didn't mind Tav and actually seen him as a favourite current player of mine at the club but his article in the match programme really fucked it

He's won absolutely nothing of note in terms of silverware with us either which is just a dreadful stat

4 minutes ago, gogzy said:

I can.  It was a mistake,  they happen.

I look at all the assists he has had, the goals he has scored and the work he has done, and that mistake pales in comparison.

We worked so hard in that game mate, Morelos stupidity and Kent's brillance......

gogzy likes this
22 minutes ago, wully said:

We worked so hard in that game mate, Morelos stupidity and Kent's brillance......

I agree, Tav also worked very hard in that game and his mistake cost us.  It's one of many mistakes made in many games by many players over the years.  The good outweighs the bad in a huge way IMO.

wully likes this