***Official Hibernian vs Rangers Match Thread***

Clemdog

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This will sound weird as fuck but I'd chuck Jones on for Kamara. Go a proper 433 and double up on Hibs down the wings and get crosses in for Alfie or place balls across the penalty spot for Hagi and Arfield making those late runs.

It worked for the goal and our other decent chance came from Arfield making a late run because it's a weak spot when teams play like this. Hibs are also packed in the centre of the pitch so lets take the ball away from there instead of making it hard for ourselfs.

My worry with Hibs is that the two up top keep getting in 1 v 1 situations but I think if we go for it we can out score them.

Mon Rangers.

1 minute ago, chris182 said:

We'll know by full time whether we're in a better place mentally this season.

Good game for Itten to make a difference hopefully

About time he did. I’m not going over the top writing him off or any nonsense like that but the clocks ticking. Can’t go into that Old Firm having not scored.

1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

The midfield is awful but that’s the way Gerrard likes it tbh give Gerrard another ten million he’ll buy a winger and another forward and still deploy a midfield and system that gives them little service 

anyway perfect time to score 

Totally agree. How two top midfielders like Gerrard and Macallister have overlooked our midfield for so long is beyond me. We seem pretty sorted at the back, There’s options up front but the Morelos transfer issue needs sorted but for me we have to bring in midfield quality that’s going to consistently create decent chances and chip in with a few goals themselves over the season.

Ideally we get more than one but we need that spark from midfield 

5 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

In fairness he’s stated explicitly last week and this week that he’s after a midfielder

Yes and no. I know we’ve been linked with that Zungu most of the summer but he’s not the creative type - he’s upped it due to injuries to Aribo and Jack but the type of midfielder we actually need has never been a priority 

which is a big problem 

Just now, SIRB_72 said:

This will sound weird as fuck but I'd chuck Jones on for Kamara. Go a proper 433 and double up on Hibs down the wings and get crosses in for Alfie or place balls across the penalty spot for Hagi and Arfield making those late runs.

It worked for the goal and our other decent chance came from Arfield making a late run because it's a weak spot when teams play like this. Hibs are also packed in the centre of the pitch so lets take the ball away from there instead of making it hard for ourselfs.

My worry with Hibs is that the two up top keep getting in 1 v 1 situations but I think if we go for it we can out score them.

Mon Rangers.

I'd actually do same but hagi off unless dropping hagi deeper

4 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Barisic at fault for the goal, they should be down to ten men with another two walking the line. 

No one wants to say it because its Barisic, but Tav would have another thread about him by now if their goal came from the other side.

Archived