***Official Hibernian vs Rangers Match Thread***

Clemdog

45 minutes ago, FlippinEck said:

I think we've shown we can do it, like when we won that game away to Hearts or even beating the cunts at parkhead. It's how we play after them that I sometimes worry about as the team gets almost complacent.

We've already shat the bed once this season when we had an opportunity to put real pressure on them. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

You'll no doubt get hounded on for having that opinion but I completely agree with you, for us to have any chance of winning the league we have to stop buckling under pressure as we've done for the last two year. 

If we don't win tomorrow it'll raise massive doubts for me, it'll be the usual oh early days only September patter on here though. 

you kiddin you fear for us ==== join a bingo club=== fukin woman

On 18/09/2020 at 13:50, tm91 said:

@lakona kindly clarified the point. By 'have a go', I meant attempt to attack and play an open game. We thrive in open, attacking games - it's why we did so well in Europe past two years.

In all of those games, (bar the Orcs game where we fucked it with our tactics), we dropped points because they pressed us and made it a battle, not because they tried to attack us. In all those games they still played defensively and hit us on the counter. 

We're fine when teams attack us, because it leaves space for Kent to run into and for the full backs to bomb forward. We don't like it when teams get aggressive and make it a fight.

How many points did we drop last season from teams 'sitting in' then since this seems to be a big problem for us? 

Aberdeen at home and Hamilton at home. Who else? 

5 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

You'll no doubt get hounded on for having that opinion but I completely agree with you, for us to have any chance of winning the league we have to stop buckling under pressure as we've done for the last two year. 

If we don't win tomorrow it'll raise massive doubts for me, it'll be the usual oh early days only September patter on here though. 

For me to completely buy into us being title contenders we need to be able to win away after they've put pressure on us, we need to put a string of wins together (not just drop points within a game or two) whenever we go ahead of them and we need to put a run together after christmas.

Until then, the results so far have been pleasing and the performances have been pretty good, but nothing achieved yet. Livingston away was a frustrating reminder of previous seasons. 

The fact celtic went top of the league afternoon, albeit on goals scored after a narrow home win against Livingston, means tomorrow is going to be even more interesting.

We will learn a lot about this side by tomorrow's game alone. 

Mentality, hunger, bottle etc.

The ability isn't in any doubt. We are a very good football team (on our day) but there's question marks over the other.

Bring it on however. Looking forward to it.

21 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

The fact celtic went top of the league afternoon, albeit on goals scored after a narrow home win against Livingston, means tomorrow is going to be even more interesting.

The ability isn't in any doubt. We are a very good football team (on our day) but there's question marks over the other.

Totally agree. There is no doubt we can compete with and beat them. The worry is mentally. 
A win tomorrow puts pressure back on them so let’s hope we come out flying. 

2 hours ago, Dickie said:

You are one negative cunt. We are unbeaten haven’t lost a goal yet you have posted one negative post after another. Just what kind of form by us would get you to drop the victor meldrew routine.

How is what I posted negative? It is the truth and this is our first real test of the season

I am not going to pretend we didn't bottl the league last season and to answer your question I will post constantly happy posts when we win the league

Hope this clears everything up for you

9 minutes ago, Dog Rescue said:

How is what I posted negative? It is the truth and this is our first real test of the season

I am not going to pretend we didn't bottl the league last season and to answer your question I will post constantly happy posts when we win the league

Who were you before Dog rescue mate  ? 

1 hour ago, British_Empire said:

We win tomorrow, and that'll put doubts in the tarriers minds, big game tomorrow. 

14 minutes ago, Dog Rescue said:

So “ I fear for us tomorrow “ isn’t fucking negative? You must be a barrel of laughs at a party mate.

Archived