***Official Hibernian vs Rangers Match Thread***

Clemdog

17 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

If you're going to win league, you just cannot give up chances like we did or drop points on a regular basis. The mhanks just seem to get over the line more than we do and we're more likely to drop points next weekend again than they are. 

In getting over the line, you need desire and belief from your team, which seems missing in our team. Likewise, you need your boss to show leadership at the right times and ours doesn't.  I'm sorry, but what the fuck was Defoe's substitution and then Itten with 5 to go supposed to achieve. What shape did that give us to get a winner?

Exactly. Their game last night was a classic example. Poor and concede goals but still see it out. You know whenever we are drawing a game towards the end or concede we never see a reaction form our squad, the desire or belief that we can win the game. The only time I've seen a reaction is in Europe. The players need to realise which side our bread is buttered. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

Whatever happened against us .Will bring the usual mon mention .So nothing gets highlighted in media 

Reverse with the bheasts .So pressure goes on to the refs .Make you weep 

Its pathetic. Linesmen and referee costs us 2 points but it's somehow Gerrard's fault that individual players weren't clinical to make cheating officials irrelevant. Full of lunatics on here. 

2 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

Quite a lot to take away from that game but here goes.

Defensively the two goals are extremely poor. The first one, as well as the second one, I do not understand why the full back doesn't stop the cross. Don't let Boyle cross and the chance doesn't happen. Then when the ball comes in Kamara is fucking nowhere and for some reason Davis is in line with the two centre halfs while a Hibs central midfielder strolls into the box. 

Then the second we dont clear our lines against and it's Goldson's crutch. For some reason he has to fanny about in these situations, the amount of goals we have lost in big games from him making the wrong decision with the ball is adding up. Then how we react is pretty poor. Boyle is offside but then Tav, like Barisic, allows him to cross and Helander let's Doidge get the jump on him. Just stop the fucking cross then there is not danger.

We really struggled with Hibs' two up top today. Doidge was dropping in deep which left Helander in no mans land and it left Goldson 1 v 1 with Nesbit and they got joy a few times from it which is worrying going forward especially when we play celtic and they want to play two up top.

Going forward we did create chances but our finishing let us down big time. Morelos had a header in the first half, Arfield had one blocked just off the line at 0-0 then the Kent and Arfield misses just wasn't good enough. We take them it could have been 4 or 5 today.

Another frustration is the manager's subs. Any time we are losing or drawing with 10/15 minutes to go he just chucks on the strikers and hopes it falls to them. Has it ever worked? 

When it was 0-1 or 1-1 we were getting all our joy from doubling out wide on the right with Tav and Kent and both goals involved them early in the move like the second or Kent getting to the byline and crossing for the first. I know to some it might sound mental but we would have been much better off bringing on Jones on the left than bringing on Defoe and Itten to play with Morelos.

It means we would stretch their defence, leave their midfield exposed because the have to cover spaces and it would give Hagi and Arfield space to play like it had when Kent moved to the right. When Kent was starting from the left he was just moving into bodies because he was having to come inside. When we bring on Itten and Defoe we just dumped them into bodies and left us with no creative players outside a marked Kent and the fullbacks who had to no options inside.

Positively though I do think we seen how positive we can be playing with two more offensive midfielders inside with Hagi and Arfield.

Personally I'm not at panic stations yet because if we beat Motherwell and Ross County it's as strong a first 10 games as any other our title winning sides. What is alarming is that it's the same old stuff that is costing us and it is hard to see how that changes over the next 30 games. Goldson fannying about with the ball in our final third, struggling against two strikers, missing big chances in big moments and the managers abysmal substitions.

Great post .Great summary 👍

Just now, King Jela said:

Its pathetic. Linesmen and referee costs us 2 points but it's somehow Gerrard's fault that individual players weren't clinical to make cheating officials irrelevant. Full of lunatics on here. 

You point is fair Jela but bears are hurting man .We have been seeing the same record for going on 3 years now 

21 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Because our officials are shite. Everyone and their fucking dog knows that. Been that way for decades. Using the officials as an excuse is done with now. 

As a excuse? The game finished 2-2 because hibs got a goal that should never have been. 

That's no a excuse that's a fact 

Now was our performance good enough no did we deserve to win no but u can't just saying blaming officials is a excuse.

Do ur job Rangers win 2-1 

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

As a excuse? The game finished 2-2 because hibs got a goal that should never have been. 

That's no a excuse that's a fact 

Now was our performance good enough no did we deserve to win no but u can't just saying blaming officials is a excuse.

Do ur job Rangers win 2-1 

If Rangers done their job we win 3-2/4-2/5-2 and the dodgy offside decision makes no fucking difference apart from the goal difference.

We are always and forever going to have shite refs and shite linesman. Using this as our excuse for not winning 55 is showing up this new supporter mentality for what it really is.

4 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

I still think the first goal may have been offside too! 

I’m pretty certain it was 

Why?

selective editing that Sky are particularly good at

When Arfield went clear and should have scored, especially with the rebound, the first replay they showed proved it was onside with a camera that covered the whole area from a great angle. 

they showed several replays of their first goal, the first of which looked potential offside but chose not to show the camera which was best positioned to prove their player was onside or NOT

I don’t believe it’s just a coincidence that this footage wasn’t used

the second offside was so easy to call 

6 minutes ago, ****Rangers_no1**** said:

Aberdeen at home not easy?

right. they just shipped 2 to livi @home and arent all that from the games ive watched of them there specially against hungary.  they 100% not special @home this year and will drop points there crowds aint coming back either.  its there to be won

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

If Rangers done their job we win 3-2/4-2/5-2 and the dodgy offside decision makes no fucking difference apart from the goal difference.

We are always and forever going to have shite refs and shite linesman. Using this as our excuse for not winning 55 is showing up this new supporter mentality for what it really is.

I get what your saying mate but the difference is when celtic play shite they usually still win as no dodgy or incorrect decisions go against them, us on the other hand in the last 3 years....

1 minute ago, the cry was no said:

I’m pretty certain it was 

Why?

selective editing that Sky are particularly good at

When Arfield went clear and should have scored, especially with the rebound, the first replay they showed proved it was onside with a camera that covered the whole area from a great angle. 

they showed several replays of their first goal, the first of which looked potential offside but chose not to show the camera which was best positioned to prove their player was onside or NOT

I don’t believe it’s just a coincidence that this footage wasn’t used

the second offside was so easy to call 

100% dead on. I’d love to see the first goal again using the camera you say

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Just cause we win mate doesn't make it right. 2-1 or 5-1its another decision that's gone against us and this one has cost us again

2 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

I get what your saying mate but the difference is when celtic play shite they usually still win and no dodgy or incorrect decisions go against them, us on the other hand in the last 3 years....

I watch zero of the tarriers games apart from when the play us. I listen to tarrier mates and they say the exact same thing most weeks about the standard of refereeing. We obviously have corrupt fucks like Clancy in the mix but in general the officials are just rank rotten. The same rank rotten officials every club gets. There isn't one Scottish ref that is good enough for professional football. Stop blaming the officials for our own downfalls as a team.

The reason the tarriers drag out wins at all costs isn't down to them getting biased decisions, its having the winning mentality.

Only problem I have with Gerrard is he’s not one of us and therefore doesn’t have the passion This results in him not calling out refs when he should 

However it’s not his fault when the back four play Shit and the forwards miss sitters

And for all those who are saying that bad refs decisions didn’t matter when we won 9inarow We are in a different era and have inferior players so refs decisions will cost us the league in fact they may have already done so

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Just cause we win mate doesn't make it right. 2-1 or 5-1its another decision that's gone against us and this one has cost us again

And we'll get another 1 or 2 wrong decisions against us every game the pressure is on for the rest of the season like the past 30 years. The difference is making them key decisions. Don't allow it to be a key decision and not one of us will care because we are winning.

22 minutes ago, King Jela said:

So blatant cheating that costs us games shouldn't even be brought up because we should be that much better than the opposition regardless of cheating officials officiating the game? Utter nonsense. Champions win tough games like today by grinding out results. We were denied the right to grind out a win because of a cheating linesman and referee. 

The manager and club point blank refuse to do anything about it. They don't even try. They accept it. They continue to take it up the arse week in week out so we deserve all we get. 

Archived