***Official Hibernian vs Rangers Match Thread***

Post match comments from the manager pretty much summed up the performance today. Slow, pointless and a waste of time. Worryingly almost accepting of the level of performance on show today.

He did make one good point about seeing games out. When we took the lead, we were still the team showing all the urgency and committing players forward. Why? Yes its good to kill a game off but lets be a bit more organised in defence and look to hurt them when they are pushing forward.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

I’m an older bear and I can remember when we had winners managing and playing for us .It has felts like years now .We have the stench of a losing mentality in whatever season we are competing in .There is something majorly wrong at the top of our club working it’s way down to the players on the pitch .An acceptance of being also rans 

It just doesn’t sit well with me 

It’s definitely a ‘don’t upset the apple cart’, coming from the top. And it doesn’t sit well with me either.

HG5 likes this
Just now, eejay the dj said:

I’m still open to him being our hero but it’s more out of hope than belief 

He didn’t looked arsed when we dropped points at Livvy of Today 

Contrast that with TLB after Killie game .He was getting tore into them and then got a reaction 

Don't think Gerrard knows how to get tore in about them as a manager, looks more like a club captain when he has a go at the players.

Look back on Walter, Dick and Alex post match interviews when the players didn't perform. Night and day compared to Gerrard.

eejay the dj likes this
Just now, esquire8 said:

How about the players and management put on a performance that makes the referee and linesman job obsolete? That decision given rightly or wrongly doesn't take away a very abject performance.

If the linesmen does his job then we walk away with 3 points regardless of the performance. What about that is so fucking hard to understand? 

the cry was no and Coop like this
1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

I’m still open to him being our hero but it’s more out of hope than belief 

He didn’t looked arsed when we dropped points at Livvy of Today 

Contrast that with TLB after Killie game .He was getting tore into them and then got a reaction 

Things like arranging full weeks training around getting home 3 nights a week when we have players that would love to do the same but can’t annoys me when we don’t win 😂

eejay the dj likes this
Just now, kelvd1873 said:

So why was Morelos late goal chopped off? I don’t think Defoe foiled the defender, if that’s what it’s for then their shouldn’t have counted as doodle was all over helander

There was nothing in it at all, but that's somehow irrelevant. We should be winning the game by more so the referee and his linesmen blatantly cheating us shouldn't matter. 

Just now, King Jela said:

If the linesmen does his job then we walk away with 3 points regardless of the performance. What about that is so fucking hard to understand? 

Why are we not 2/3/4 up instead so a dodgy offside goal for them counts for fuck all? Our teams performances are giving our support the excuse to blame dodgy decisions.

Thought we were decent today.

the problem today has been clear to see for weeks & only a matter of time before it cost us, having 7-8 really good chances in games & winning 2-0, today’s game should have been tied up plenty really good chances but we just can’t take them.

Robbed.  Plain and simple.  That aside, I thought we were a bit naive at 2-1.  We didn't have to chase the game and should have let them push up as we could dismantle them with pace on the break.  As it was we let Hivs have 5 attempts on target when they didn't look anything special.

Spencer65 likes this
1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Why are we not 2/3/4 up instead so a dodgy offside goal for them counts for fuck all? Our teams performances are giving our support the excuse to blame dodgy decisions.

So blatant cheating that costs us games shouldn't even be brought up because we should be that much better than the opposition regardless of cheating officials officiating the game? Utter nonsense. Champions win tough games like today by grinding out results. We were denied the right to grind out a win because of a cheating linesman and referee. 

Just now, King Jela said:

So blatant cheating that costs us games shouldn't even be brought up because we should be that much better than the opposition regardless of cheating officials officiating the game? Utter nonsense. Champions win tough games like today by grinding out results. We were denied the right to grind out a win because of a cheating linesman and referee. 

This team couldn't grind out a win if their lives depended on it. They got the result they deserved today.

5 minutes ago, King Jela said:

There was nothing in it at all, but that's somehow irrelevant. We should be winning the game by more so the referee and his linesmen blatantly cheating us shouldn't matter. 

Whatever happened against us .Will bring the usual mon mention .So nothing gets highlighted in media 

Reverse with the bheasts .So pressure goes on to the refs .Make you weep 

6 minutes ago, Rumblepack said:

1 thing is we are still top & there game in hand isnt easy isnt it aberdeen?  top at this stage im pretty happy w/ that tbh month by month

If it’s Aberdeen it’s an easy 3 points and a good boost to their goal difference. We need to worry about ourselves - just don’t have the bottle 

2 minutes ago, the old guard said:

We desperately need one or two hard cunts, we're getting bullied and assaulted most games, powder puff all over the park, cunts like porteuos laughing at us, we should be sorting that clown right out. Far to soft. 

Post of the day .In a nutshell .We have guts that are incapable of being street wise in a physical battle