Jump to content

***Official Hibernian vs Rangers Match Thread***


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

This incessant moaning about refs, as shit and as bias as they are needs to end.

So you agree the officials are biased and obviously shit?

But you think we should just ignore the fact their 2 goals we’re offside and several of their players today should have been carded earlier in the match for stamping and elbowing, which would have ultimately have seen them get a red card or 2.

You don’t think the shit and biased officials haven’t influenced this result? As I’ve said earlier yes we are good enough and should have had enough to bury the game but we are officiated to a different standard and this helps peg us back, surely you can see this? 

KeyserSoze and Sweetheart like this
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

So you agree the officials are biased and obviously shit?

But you think we should just ignore the fact their 2 goals we’re offside and several of their players today should have been carded earlier in the match for stamping and elbowing, which would have ultimately have seen them get a red card or 2.

You don’t think the shit and biased officials haven’t influenced this result? As I’ve said earlier yes we are good enough and should have had enough to bury the game but we are officiated to a different standard and this helps peg us back, surely you can see this? 

Refs decisions can influence results. Nowt new there and affects every team. Now unless you/we are watching 90 minutes of every other game, who knows wtf goes on elsewhere?

However the issue is when are we seeing the play, the consistency, the winning that our wage difference warrants against all the dross in this league outwith the scum.

We remain to laud mediocrity. The usual losers. Oh and then there's Barker!

Make excuses that make us title holders of victimhood. Whilst the team remains full of shitebaggery. A year to get a ball back to front. No steel, no cutting edge and a player pool full of dross that our manager brought.

The board and the manager say fuck all about refs decisions. Only in the echo chamber of in here playing the victim.

Gerrard is no winner and likewise with many in that team.

We fully deserve all we get and we'll be donning hoops next if we keep up this victimhood.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Now Stevie has the perfect excuse to drop Helander….although for their first goal I thought Barasic was too hesitant to close down Boyle  and their second was offside..Hanlon and Porteus should have both seen red....

We weren't good enough but our officials again were fuckin rotten 

Cedrick likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kelvd1873 said:

I’ll stop you there.... at this time I, like others, can only see it affecting one team in a negative way and positively for another. 

Whilst this is true we cannot use it as an excuse for our own failings. Rangers teams of the last have always been able to beat the referees as well. This should be coached at the very earliest levels. We have to beat 14 men every week. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Poor officiating aside, too many errors from us yesterday. We are creating enough chances to win games comfortably yet don't put teams away. Arfield and Kent should have scored, probably Morelos early on as well. 

Defensively we were very poor. First goal Borna has to close his man down quicker, or Kamara has to double up rather than just float in no man's land. We stood off them way too much for my liking too rather than just stepping up a yard and cutting off space. 

Helander looked off the pace yesterday and Goldson looked and absolute bombscare for 15-20 minutes in the second half. 

They should have had two men sent off, but we still had enough to win that game. Creating as many chances and not finishing them is a concern to me. Sometimes you do have these games where absolutely nothing goes in, but this is a regular thing with us and we let teams back in. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I might be being a bit unrealistic, I don’t know, but I just have a gut feeling McGregor would have been able to do better for their second.

Maybe I just don’t like seeing keepers not trying to save something which isn’t possible because it’s harder to judge from your perspective if it was saveable or not. :lol:

BlueAvenger likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BlueAvenger said:

There were poor refereeing decisions but we fuckin blew it by missing too many chances. Not fuckin good enough again 

After being so optimistic I have to admit I fear the worst for this season.

I stupidly thought this clean sheet run had given the defence the confidence boost they needed to start commanding and dominating games.

As soon as we get more of an offensive challenge, arguably more physical, it all falls to pieces.

It's not as if it went to shit after a few games - this is a complete turn around within one game with what sounded like Goldson not wanting to be on the pitch any more after his mistake. That's what they were saying on the radio anyway.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SpiritofBillStruth said:

Whilst this is true we cannot use it as an excuse for our own failings. Rangers teams of the last have always been able to beat the referees as well. This should be coached at the very earliest levels. We have to beat 14 men every week. 

Mate I do get what you and BA are saying but we shouldn’t have to try beat 14 men.
 

We should be officiated to the same standard as everyone else. The reason porteous and jack Ross are laughing at the end of drawing with us at the home is that they all know it’s open season on us as the refs are corrupt and allow heavy handed attacks on us.

Porteous should have seen red in the first half and Hanlon should have been right behind him. imagine Morelos done any of those 2 challenges to them, what do you think the outcome would have been? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Swally said:

It's not as if it went to shit after a few games - this is a complete turn around within one game with what sounded like Goldson not wanting to be on the pitch any more after his mistake. That's what they were saying on the radio anyway.

I’m don’t know how true that is but if I was Gerrard I would have hauled him off craig Moore style and sent balogun on. I was waiting on Bertie goldson striking again and I knew it wouldn’t take long and here we are! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, kelvd1873 said:

So you agree the officials are biased and obviously shit?

But you think we should just ignore the fact their 2 goals we’re offside and several of their players today should have been carded earlier in the match for stamping and elbowing, which would have ultimately have seen them get a red card or 2.

You don’t think the shit and biased officials haven’t influenced this result? As I’ve said earlier yes we are good enough and should have had enough to bury the game but we are officiated to a different standard and this helps peg us back, surely you can see this? 

I agree with the majority of your post however I can’t help feel we are not treated differently as the majority of refereeing in our league is shit. 
 

I think standards are poor across all the teams, going by my colleagues and mates moans in general, who can also highlight many shite decisions even when the Gers are not in town. 

magic8ball likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I agree with the majority of your post however I can’t help feel we are not treated differently as the majority of refereeing in our league is shit. 
 

I think standards are poor across all the teams, going by my colleagues and mates moans in general, who can also highlight many shite decisions even when the Gers are not in town. 

The refs are awful that can’t be denied ,But if it was just a case of them being shite we would get a few bad calls in our favour ,Been a long time since that happened 

scottyscott1963 likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

Was just sitting there watching and seemed happy enough.
The camera panned to the far stand linesman and i thought to myself 'now!..that's a papish looking face if ever you saw one'
2 minutes later the scabby bastard allowed a cunt who was a yard offside to play on,then bang about 20 seconds later it's 2-2.
Where the fuck do they vet these people? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Gerrard should have a huge pic of Porteous's smug face posted up in the dressing room a la Archie Knox, if that does not fire them up, nothing will. 

Oh and if we beat Hibs the next time we play, someone go and pat him on the back/ruffle the lads hair every time we score. Wind him up as he did us yesterday. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

When you watch the Spurs thing on Amazon you see how a manager wants players on yellows targeted, we never seem to do that 

Porteous walked through that game on a yellow for far too long, players should have been looking to isolate him and get him sent off, instead his actual performance seemed to get better the longer the game went on. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Swally said:

I might be being a bit unrealistic, I don’t know, but I just have a gut feeling McGregor would have been able to do better for their second.

Maybe I just don’t like seeing keepers not trying to save something which isn’t possible because it’s harder to judge from your perspective if it was saveable or not. :lol:

I’m in the minority but it’s a piece of nonsense a fit McGregor isn’t back in goals , he’s the no1 McLaughlin done nothing wrong but neither will whoever gets fucked oot the minute jacks fit 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

I agree with the majority of your post however I can’t help feel we are not treated differently as the majority of refereeing in our league is shit. 
 

I think standards are poor across all the teams, going by my colleagues and mates moans in general, who can also highlight many shite decisions even when the Gers are not in town. 

Keyser I’m sure other teams moan a bit aswell. But the one team that continually benefits from all our and mostly other teams misfortune is celtic. When recently have celtic genuinely had a bad/poor/incorrect decision go against them? We spend the majority of our time in the oppositions box, when did we last get a league penalty? Shane Duffy apparently handballed in the box midweek, did celtic get punished? Hibs scored 1 probably 2 offside goals yesterday, did it punish us?

Sweetheart likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Upcoming Events

    • 29 October 2020 20:00 Until 22:00
      0  
      Rangers v Lech Poznan
      Ibrox Stadium
      Europa League
×
×
  • Create New...