Steven Gerrard and Nathan Patterson post match interviews

TopCat

Changed about half the team from the weekend which is always going to affect performance. Most of our early Europa League qualifiers  have been similar though. Bit pish to watch even as we comfortably get the required results. Take them all day as long as we are going through. 

Think we will go with a, injury allowing, first choice 11 next week and will up our game to get through. 

12 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Brushing off the comparison between McCoist and Morelos because one is yet to win anything was the perfect answer.

Gerrard just gets it.

I understand, however he was talking about comparisons in Europe 
I think that was all the interviewer was getting at

where of course both haven’t won anything (yet)

22 hours ago, peter huistra said:

Incredible stat in Europe, Morelos just one goal behind Ally, when you think how long McCoist was at the club. 

We need to keep him here the longer he can stay and score goals the better.

We have played far more Euro games in recent years due to the number of qualifiers we have had to play which has helped him a lot. 3 qualifying rounds home and away. And when we did play qualifiers especially latterly under Walter we often lost them! Not to take away that he has scored important goals for us. 

22 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Brushing off the comparison between McCoist and Morelos because one is yet to win anything was the perfect answer.

Gerrard just gets it.

I noticed that too and thought it was a perfect answer. He made similar comments regarding Tav around his 250 game tally, saying his success will be judged on lifting trophies. Seems to me he is trying to improve the mentality of the team towards success you can hold above your head and put in a trophy room, not just shut out runs or appearances. 

2 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

We have played far more Euro games in recent years due to the number of qualifiers we have had to play which has helped him a lot. 3 qualifying rounds home and away. And when we did play qualifiers especially latterly under Walter we often lost them! Not to take away that he has scored important goals for us. 

Ally couldn't score in Europe, I mind the CSKA Moscow game vividly, that night how many chances did he miss , loads.

It's an incredible stat Alfie only been here a short time compared to McCoist. 

Archived