Recruitment

Malkytfp1

The fact that we are relying on Davis and Defoe and the rest of the cast of cocoon shows that we have had another bad recruitment drive. How much more do we want to allow an unproven rookie spend? How many players have we brought in who haven't got a chance who then just get hung out to dry whilst we take a loss on them. Already Itten is gonna be another Kyle Lafferty. Roofe still hasn't convinced a lot of us and there is nobody come in yet bar the keeper who has shown much.

I don't trust Gerrard with more money.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

The fact that we are relying on Davis and Defoe and the rest of the cast of cocoon shows that we have had another bad recruitment drive. How much more do we want to allow an unproven rookie spend? How many players have we brought in who haven't got a chance who then just get hung out to dry whilst we take a loss on them. Already Itten is gonna be another Kyle Lafferty. Roofe still hasn't convinced a lot of us and there is nobody come in yet bar the keeper who has shown much.

You make some good points but this section is absolute garbage 

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I don't trust him period. 

We stick with him then it confirms we have no ambition. Haven't even played them yet and we have dropped 4 points to diddy clubs. 

His European record aside he's done no better than the shower of embarrassments before him. 

Silverware is needed and he can't provide it. 

When half your outfield bench is a back 4 you are in trouble, when half that back 4 is half your summer signings then the finger of blame is pointed back at you

We badly needed to replace guys like davis in the summer, we didnt and its gonna haunt us

Plus connor goldson is a fucking bombscare waiting to happen, strolling it against pish teams at ibrox is one thing, big games like today he cannoy be trusted to focus for 90mins, that 2nd goal was fucking criminal

1 minute ago, GA1972 said:

You make some good points but this section is absolute garbage 

So you happy with Itten? Watch him fade into obscurity. Regarding Roofe, I've genuinely not seen much of anything from a guy with a poor scoring record and a worse injury record.

Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

So you happy with Itten? Watch him fade into obscurity. Regarding Roofe, I've genuinely not seen much of anything from a guy with a poor scoring record and a worse injury record.

Honestly when I’ve seen Itten I’ve liked him. Still settling in but he makes a lot of great runs that go completely unnoticed by a useless midfield. People desperate to write him off despite the fact he’s barely played and when he did against Killie got played at right wing. 

Roofe already grabbed a couple of goals and starting to look good, I’ll admit in his first couple of games he looked like he had never seen a football before 

If we’re going to continue to try and walk the ball into the net then we’re better with Itten and Roofe up top because it isn’t Morelos game 

A blind man could even see that a proper midfielder who we invest a bit of money on makes us a completely different side. It’s been our biggest issue for three seasons now and yet we have Gerrard going with his begging bowl to the board publicly talking about his need for another midfielder after he’s already spent 8 million on Hagi, Itten & Roofe. Madness.

Our midfield is the biggest issue we still lack a physical box to box midfielder and that was one of the biggest issues today. when games are flat you look to someone in the midfield to create a spark, make thirty yard run directly at the heart of the opposition or thunder into a 50/50. Our midfield today Kamara - Davis - Arfield there not that type of player and on top of that Davis was awful. Count how many times they pick up the ball 20 yards from goal and then either go backwards or side to side. At one point there  entire back three were on a yellow and not once did anybody look to make a direct run with ball at them. 

Priorities were a RW and a CM and we haven't signed either of them and that's criminally poor there's no getting away from that. 

Very happy with Balogun. Still hopeful on Itten despite a slow start but if Morelos wasn't leaving then we didn't need to sign Itten and Roofe. Should have just been one of them until the time came when Morelos did leave.

Even if Morelos stays, we needed some more options through the middle so Itten and Roofe do give that. One issue is we extended Defoe's contract when we shouldn't have but we only had 1 option at that time.  We continue to spunk millions of cash out the door when we don't need to and buy players that aren't particularly suited to our game (Hagi, who runs like he's stuck in quick sand).  

Personally, I do think there's an acceptance in our staff that 2nd is ok if we do well in Europe; well that's about to come to a head early doors this season if we get papped out the EL before the Group stages and lose that money.

Like most, we needed an option on the right and something different in the middle (midfield).  You can usually throw a blanket over Davis, Kamara and Jack in the middle; the only time you can't is when Davis goes so deep he's between the two CB's, to make the exact same pass they could have. 

Fair point on recruitment. Every window we seem to strengthen the CB area. If we were to create chances and score more we wouldn’t need as many cbs at the club. The money he had wasted is shocking. We have been crying out for a decent CM for years now. 

5 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

At end of last season almost everyone said we needed at least one midfielder and a natural right winger.

8 games into this season with 4 points already dropped, we still need at least 1 midfielder and a natural right winger.

We dont play with wingers. 

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

The fact davis gets 90mins while hagi who got an assist again gets subbed tells you all you need to know about gerrard, 

He's got a hard on for Davis for some reason. The guys well past it and can't influence games anymore but yet we always see him on the teamsheet. 

Everyone wants a new midfielder but do we really want someone that Gerrard thinks is desirable given the players he chooses constantly just now? 

I have never fancied Itten since the get go. He doesn't look any better than Kamberi with about similar amount of minutes in a Rangers jersey.

I would never take Hagi off when we are chasing a goal no matter how bad he is playing. He is a difference maker.

Archived