Recruitment

Malkytfp1

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The Blues said:

Davis and Kamara controlled the game. Hagi did one thing right as an attacking midfielder. Don’t blame our defensive midfield.

Davis would have been as well having a Hibs shirt on he passed it to them that many times, Kamara offered fuck all really. 

8 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

No, I don't think it is a disgrace because I take the time to know our squad and the reason why that happened..... 

Aye the reason is happened is because we didnt bolster the midfield when everyone was fit, nevermind when they are crocked

10 hours ago, Laudrup1690 said:

Because maybe balogun who we wanted and was free would of got signed by someone else if we didn’t move for him.

just a thought 

Fuck that would have been a massive loss, who would we put on the bench now

Balogun wasnt needed and still isnt, we had a fantastic defensive record last season with goldson, katic and edmundson, now helander is fit he replaces katic and we still have a fantastic record barring the hibs game, 

Taking 2 back fours to easter road while having to play davis for 90mins due to 2 injuries is a shambles, 

5 hours ago, The Blues said:

Our midfield dominated the game against Hibs. We lost the game because of missed chances. It’s time to play Itten and Defoe up front. 

Do you think Itten has shown anything since he’s been here to earn a starting spot?

Morelos should be first name to start and rightfully so.

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Fuck that would have been a massive loss, who would we put on the bench now

Balogun wasnt needed and still isnt, we had a fantastic defensive record last season with goldson, katic and edmundson, now helander is fit he replaces katic and we still have a fantastic record barring the hibs game, 

Taking 2 back fours to easter road while having to play davis for 90mins due to 2 injuries is a shambles, 

We need 4 fit c.b no doubt especially as edmundson is still raw.

I agree we need midfielders we all know that but I highly doubt signing balogun on a free is the reason we haven’t signed any.

26 minutes ago, Laudrup1690 said:

We need 4 fit c.b no doubt especially as edmundson is still raw.

I agree we need midfielders we all know that but I highly doubt signing balogun on a free is the reason we haven’t signed any.

Edmundson is a part of the squad that conceded 18 league goals before covid hit, raw or not this is scottish football, its shite lets be honest, he's more than capable enough as shown last season

If we need 4 fit centre halves, why didnt we try sign one in january when helander was crocked? 

2 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

We sign dual purpose players, Roofe or Barker playing means Hagi playing midfield becomes an option.

So injuries to Roofe and Barker as well as Jack and Aribo impacted on midfield selection.

Not a chance in hell gerrard plays hagi as a sitting midfielder, your scrambling now

We lost Jack and aribo to injury, 2 players, 2 injuries forced us to play davis for 90mins well over a year after he was finished at this level for us

5 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Not a chance in hell gerrard plays hagi as a sitting midfielder, your scrambling now

We lost Jack and aribo to injury, 2 players, 2 injuries forced us to play davis for 90mins well over a year after he was finished at this level for us

As I said we sign dual purpose players - Kamara could have then been moved etc.

You're being dramatic to add weight to your point it’s not working. 

On 20/09/2020 at 14:23, steven33jackie said:

Our midfield is the biggest issue we still lack a physical box to box midfielder and that was one of the biggest issues today. when games are flat you look to someone in the midfield to create a spark, make thirty yard run directly at the heart of the opposition or thunder into a 50/50. Our midfield today Kamara - Davis - Arfield there not that type of player and on top of that Davis was awful. Count how many times they pick up the ball 20 yards from goal and then either go backwards or side to side. At one point there  entire back three were on a yellow and not once did anybody look to make a direct run with ball at them. 

Saw a good point being made about how when our forwards are off form, none of the rest of the team ever pops up and digs us out a hole.  We have three guys in the middle and not one will ever do the trick for us - I wonder how many points we could gain by having 1 or ideally 2 in there who can do that. From Jack, Davis, Kamara only one of them should be getting regular football. 

We need someone with more dynamism in there. Kamara, Jack, Davis and Hagi all far too slow. A box to box player who would be buzzing about fucking everywhere when we are pushing desperately for a goal is what we should have - not the aforementioned three lurking about the halfway line shuffling the ball to the guy next to them.

10 hours ago, The Blues said:

Our midfield dominated the game against Hibs. We lost the game because of missed chances. It’s time to play Itten and Defoe up front. 

Didn’t feel in control at any time in the game , I’d actually took a draw till the buff scored when he did and gave us more hope to go on and win, 2v1 up you were always waiting on them equalising , we weren’t in control once 

Always a good gauge of recruitment is who would Walter have in his squad if he was the manager just now , the two goalies ,(maybe) Katic and the Buff is the answer in my opinion , the rest are to physically and mentally weak for a Walter Smith side , was no dossiers, complicate systems and overhead projectors when he was in charge , buy better players that can stand up physically also , it’s not difficult 

36 minutes ago, Born Sinner said:

Saw a good point being made about how when our forwards are off form, none of the rest of the team ever pops up and digs us out a hole.  We have three guys in the middle and not one will ever do the trick for us - I wonder how many points we could gain by having 1 or ideally 2 in there who can do that. From Jack, Davis, Kamara only one of them should be getting regular football. 

We need someone with more dynamism in there. Kamara, Jack, Davis and Hagi all far too slow. A box to box player who would be buzzing about fucking everywhere when we are pushing desperately for a goal is what we should have - not the aforementioned three lurking about the halfway line shuffling the ball to the guy next to them.

Agree mate , having a midfield that’s not capable of contributing so their job is to cover full backs that’s to be the main creators is madness, get midfielders in that can create and get 10/15 goals with Barisic and tav picking and choosing their attacks you’ve then got so many more options to worry teams , wide to the full back then crossed into the box is 95% of our attacks the last 3 seasons 

Archived