Recruitment

Malkytfp1

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

Fair enough. Doesn't make it easier however to forget Brandon Barker, Steve Davis, Jake Hastie, Jordan Jones, Grezda, Lafferty, Greg Stewart, Andy King......I'll just stop there.

Well aye, what is the point in just forgetting football players eh, it happened. 

Bellion, Kleberson, Djemba Djemba, Taibi, Obertan, Manucho, 

Beattie, Rothen, Faye, Webster, Healey, Kerkar...

There isn't a manager going you can't just list of failed signings for. 

23 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

The fact that we are relying on Davis and Defoe and the rest of the cast of cocoon shows that we have had another bad recruitment drive.

No, it shows we've been hit by injuries.  Aribo, Jack, and Roofe could all have played a part yesterday if fit.  The manager has already said we need more in midfield and I can only imagine a lack of funds is holding that up.  

You could argue that midfield should've been addressed first but Morelos looked very likely to go with Lille putting in a solid bid.  I would guess we brought in more strikers first for that reason.  If we didn't bring in more strikers, and Morelos had been sold, our only recognised striker would've been Defoe.

This will be Davis and Defoe's last season in football.

19 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Fair enough. Doesn't make it easier however to forget Brandon Barker, Steve Davis, Jake Hastie, Jordan Jones, Grezda, Lafferty, Greg Stewart, Andy King......I'll just stop there.

Not every transfer will work and that's true of every club and manager.  celtic have pissed a good amount of money away in recent years too.  

What Rangers could make selling Barisic and Kent would more than pay for every piece of business Gerrard has done and then some.  

30 minutes ago, TMB said:

No, it shows we've been hit by injuries.  Aribo, Jack, and Roofe could all have played a part yesterday if fit.  The manager has already said we need more in midfield and I can only imagine a lack of funds is holding that up.  

You could argue that midfield should've been addressed first but Morelos looked very likely to go with Lille putting in a solid bid.  I would guess we brought in more strikers first for that reason.  If we didn't bring in more strikers, and Morelos had been sold, our only recognised striker would've been Defoe.

This will be Davis and Defoe's last season in football.

Its his fault we have a lack of midfield options and funds to fix it, everyone knew we needed a midfielder at least, his first two summer signings were defenders, a position we had ample cover in

5 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Its his fault we have a lack of midfield options and funds to fix it, everyone knew we needed a midfielder at least, his first two summer signings were defenders, a position we had ample cover in

As I already said, we've been hit by injuries to Aribo and Jack who are regular first-team players.  That limits Gerrard's options to just Davis, Kamara, and Arfield.  He's already said we need more in midfield, he's been saying it for weeks.  I can understand why he brought in strikers first since it seemed very likely Morelos would leave at one point and we couldn't be left with Defoe as our only recognised striker.  

I'm sure it'll all be sorted out before the window closes.  More midfielders will come in. 

First thing Walter Smith done taking over from a le guen side that was bullied , was sign two shrewd physical central defenders and a kick his granny centre mid in Kevin Thomson

first old firm since Walters knew reign we went from a team first half of the season losing heavily at home to st Johnstone to going to parkheed taking a bettering digging in like fuck and winning with a never say die attitude 

Once that mentality was installed more mentally strong players were added along with your bits of real quality in Davis and Mendes 

its not rocket science , we’ve the resources to buy better players than the shite in the spl but if they signings lack mentality and dig the shite will come after us and succeed 

Absolutely no need for 100 page dossier coaches like Beale in the spl coming away with shite the centre midfielders have to do fuck all coz the two full backs are going to be out main creators , fucking nonsense 

sign players that can first and foremost can handle themselves then the quality will always take over and 95% of spl games will be won at a canter 

If your aribos kents and Hagis had the mentality and heart they’d be in every game not one in 5 especially away from home 

1 hour ago, Cedrick said:

First thing Walter Smith done taking over from a le guen side that was bullied , was sign two shrewd physical central defenders and a kick his granny centre mid in Kevin Thomson

first old firm since Walters knew reign we went from a team first half of the season losing heavily at home to st Johnstone to going to parkheed taking a bettering digging in like fuck and winning with a never say die attitude 

Once that mentality was installed more mentally strong players were added along with your bits of real quality in Davis and Mendes 

its not rocket science , we’ve the resources to buy better players than the shite in the spl but if they signings lack mentality and dig the shite will come after us and succeed 

Absolutely no need for 100 page dossier coaches like Beale in the spl coming away with shite the centre midfielders have to do fuck all coz the two full backs are going to be out main creators , fucking nonsense 

sign players that can first and foremost can handle themselves then the quality will always take over and 95% of spl games will be won at a canter 

If your aribos kents and Hagis had the mentality and heart they’d be in every game not one in 5 especially away from home 

Spot on mate. A few tough physical players is what we have needed for years

2 hours ago, TMB said:

As I already said, we've been hit by injuries to Aribo and Jack who are regular first-team players.  That limits Gerrard's options to just Davis, Kamara, and Arfield.  He's already said we need more in midfield, he's been saying it for weeks.  I can understand why he brought in strikers first since it seemed very likely Morelos would leave at one point and we couldn't be left with Defoe as our only recognised striker.  

I'm sure it'll all be sorted out before the window closes.  More midfielders will come in. 

He brought in defenders first not strikers, we had a full back 4 on the bench on sunday while davis plays 90mins, when katic is fit again, we'll have 5 centre halves not including youngsters, 2 left backs and 2 right backs, thats on him no one else

4 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

He brought in defenders first not strikers, we had a full back 4 on the bench on sunday while davis plays 90mins, when katic is fit again, we'll have 5 centre halves not including youngsters, 2 left backs and 2 right backs, thats on him no one else

Good, how many do you want us to have! 

2 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Good, how many do you want us to have! 

Enough, but not at the expense of the midfield when we are relying on the likes of davis playing 90mins

We took a squad of twenty to hibs yesterday, 2 goalies and 8 defenders is a disgrace, half our squad play in our third of the pitch, 

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

Enough, but not at the expense of the midfield when we are relying on the likes of davis playing 90mins

We took a squad of twenty to hibs yesterday, 2 goalies and 8 defenders is a disgrace, half our squad play in our third of the pitch, 

Well enough wouldn't be having 1 LB and 1 RB would it... 

It's hardly a disgrace 😄, we were out a few in midfield and attack because of injury. We do have to recruit and sign around that i.e the addition of a CB at the moment to account for the CB who is injured long term. 

Gerrard has always maintained he wants 2 players for every position. When Katic went down, he got Balogun.

We are short in midfield due to injuries and he has publicly stated we are looking to add another in midfield. I think the whole Morelos situation has stalled a few options.

We will get someone before the deadline.

Grezda, Murphy, Lafferty, Flanagan, Polster, Coulibaly, Firth, Ejaria, Sadiq, McAuley, Stewart, Hastie, Jones, King, Kamberi, Barker, Ojo..... that's an horrendous list of pure dross. 

That's more than 50% of his signings all utterly useless pointless wastes of money. The rest the jury is out but none have been able to deliver silverware. We haven't made a profit on anyone yet either. 

48 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Gerrard has always maintained he wants 2 players for every position. When Katic went down, he got Balogun.

We are short in midfield due to injuries and he has publicly stated we are looking to add another in midfield. I think the whole Morelos situation has stalled a few options.

This common sense outlook will never catch on

On 20/09/2020 at 16:30, Blue Avenger said:

Oh ffs, mer excuses. Try fucking looking at who he starts week in week out when fit. Might just give us a fucking clue where the problem lies.

There are none so fucking blind. Now three seasons and more with some of them!

They are the worst ones of the lot for me . The ones SG  depends on , yet they are not depenadable .

Losers tattooed to their foreheads . And it will sadly be the same at the end of this season .

1 hour ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Well enough wouldn't be having 1 LB and 1 RB would it... 

It's hardly a disgrace 😄, we were out a few in midfield and attack because of injury. We do have to recruit and sign around that i.e the addition of a CB at the moment to account for the CB who is injured long term. 

You don't think its a disgrace that we took 10 defensive players to easter road out of twenty, 

Gerrard has spent nearly 30million quid, its his 3rd season and we went to easter road with ten defensive players out of a a squad of twenty, gave davis the full game, and had barjonas and jones on the bench

Id say thats a fucking shambles no question about it

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

2 players for every position, many strikers do we have again? 

18 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Flanagan and Halliday left.  Patterson and Bassey are their replacements.  Katic is out for the season so Balogun was brought in to replace him.  Patterson was promoted from the youth system, Bassey was a developmental fee, Balogun was free and has looked solid when played.

How is any of this a bad thing?

Archived