GVB

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, TMB said:

We only lost today’s game because the ref allowed an offside goal to stand.  Would having another manager in the dugout change that?  No.  

No. Indeed not.

But another manager may have reacted when he was watching our midfield being woefully short of what's required, again. Another manager may have seen that same midfield being short in previous months, and thought about doing something about it.

In his entire time here Gerrard hasn't shown that he can change a game when it's needed; hasn't shown he can react to another team changing shape or the like and most importantly, hasn't shown that he can't instill the confidence and mental strength in a team to go on a run, let alone win a title.

We are mentally weak and the buck stops with him.

3 minutes ago, Wafflesniffer said:

No. Indeed not.

But another manager may have reacted when he was watching our midfield being woefully short of what's required, again. Another manager may have seen that same midfield being short in previous months, and thought about doing something about it.

In his entire time here Gerrard hasn't shown that he can change a game when it's needed; hasn't shown he can react to another team changing shape or the like and most importantly, hasn't shown that he can't instill the confidence and mental strength in a team to go on a run, let alone win a title.

We are mentally weak and the buck stops with him.

We had no other central midfielders on the bench. Aribo and Jack are both injured.  Roofe would’ve been a good option but he’s injured too.  The manager has already stated we need more midfielders in but I don’t think he has the money to get those deals over the line yet.  In terms of today, I think he went with what is available to him.

Just now, TMB said:

We had no other central midfielders on the bench. Aribo and Jack are both injured.  Roofe would’ve been a good option but he’s injured too.  The manager has already stated we need more midfielders in but I don’t think he has the money to get those deals over the line yet.  In terms of today, I think he went with what is available to him.

That's fair - undoubtedly we're stretched just now.

But our midfield has needed fixed for longer than today or this season though. He's had ample opportunity to bring in a midfielder over a number of windows and hasn't done it.

1 minute ago, Wafflesniffer said:

That's fair - undoubtedly we're stretched just now.

But our midfield has needed fixed for longer than today or this season though. He's had ample opportunity to bring in a midfielder over a number of windows and hasn't done it.

I think the club expected Morelos to go this window.  With Lille making a solid bid early on it looked likely that he would go so Rangers brought in a couple of strikers to replace him.  The Lille interest died off so we’re stuck with what we have for now.  These past few weeks the club has been moving fringe players out and I expect that to continue with Jones, etc.  Again, the manager has consistently acknowledged that we need a midfielder but I can see why he brought strikers in first.  I think we’ll get a midfielder in once we have freed up enough cash although the quality might not be what we hope for.  I don’t think there’s a lot of money there to spend.

Aribo started this season off brilliantly.  Look at the 0-3 game from Easter Road last season and you’ll see Aribo tore them apart that day.  Aribo, Jack, and Roofe are players we’ll miss when they’re out.  As I said, Gerrard played the two central midfielders he had today with Arfield in front.  We had no one else on the bench.

4 hours ago, Nelson loyal said:

Their keeper made 2 outstanding saves Tbf, Arfield scores and we are on easy street 

I know, it amazes me how we always end up against a world class goalkeeper, so many of them up here and all seem to peak against us. Either that or most of our our shots at goal are average. 

44 minutes ago, TMB said:

And none of that is down to Gerrard? We have needed midfielders for 2 fucking years. What does yer man Gerrard do? Wasted money on other areas not required as much. 

Regarding Roofe, no one liked when it was said but he has a shite scoring record and is injury prone.

Gerrard has spent more than any other manager in years and has built THIS team. In his tenure we have zero trophies.

Any other name with no professional football managerial experience and these result is out on his arse.

1 hour ago, Malkytfp1 said:

And none of that is down to Gerrard? We have needed midfielders for 2 fucking years. What does yer man Gerrard do? Wasted money on other areas not required as much. 

Regarding Roofe, no one liked when it was said but he has a shite scoring record and is injury prone.

Gerrard has spent more than any other manager in years and has built THIS team. In his tenure we have zero trophies.

Any other name with no professional football managerial experience and these result is out on his arse.

Spin it the other way and has he brought in near enough the same money he has spent from the two European runs?

And that's before we make £millions in profit on Morelos, Kamara, Aribo, Kent etc.

He's also spent considerably less than the scum fwiw

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Spin it the other way and has he brought in near enough the same money he has spent from the two European runs?

And that's before we make £millions in profit on Morelos, Kamara, Aribo, Kent etc.

He's also spent considerably less than the scum fwiw

You're another one who famously canny see passed Gerrard. 

Show me the trophy for the European run. Show me the medals for the money. Show me the cup for not spending as much as the Catholics.

3 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Show me the trophy for the European run. Show me the medals for the money. Show me the cup for not spending as much as the Catholics.

Did you even read his post? Its clear this isn't about why we dropped points today, today's result is clearly just an excuse to have a go at Gerrard. 

4 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Did you even read his post? Its clear this isn't about why we dropped points today, today's result is clearly just an excuse to have a go at Gerrard. 

And whilst you and others stand by him, most of us can see he is a useless manager who is not learning and costing us.

Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

There is none.

But was my post wrong?

Yet you're beating him with the stick of spending money without acknowledging that the net spend is actually closer to nil.

Or that those cunts are still outspending us by what must be close to 2 to 1.

I'm realistic about where we are, which I'm still expectant will result in us winning the league but will need us to over perform and the scum to under-perform. 

3 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

But was my post wrong?

yes imo

Yet you're beating him with the stick of spending money without acknowledging that the net spend is actually closer to nil.

Im not actually sure that's accurate, even if it is then it's fuck all to do with him. Tell me how many players he has bought that we have sold for profit. Might find it easier looking at the players he has wasted money on, Jones, Stewart, Lafferty, Grezda and so on.

I'm realistic about where we are, which I'm still expectant will result in us winning the league but will need us to over perform and the scum to under-perform. 

Many more seasons without a single trophy you giving him? Not even a cup to his name, but hawd on, we beat Porto.. You canny tell me the sqaud he has built isn't good enough to beat Aberdeen, Hamilton, Hearts, Hibs, Livingston etc. When we fail to beat these teams that is down to the manager.

3 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Many more seasons without a single trophy you giving him? 

This one.

But to be honest, until we're on an more even footing with the fenians financially, over a ten year span they will continue to hoover up far more trophies than we will no matter who's in charge.

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

This one.

But to be honest, until we're on an more even footing with the fenians financially, over a ten year span they will continue to hoover up far more trophies than we will no matter who's in charge.

Nonesence. The financial spending has not been that big. We can match celtic on any given Sunday in a match. We have shown that. We fail when our one and only system fails against small teams with no budget at all.

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Nonesence. The financial spending has not been that big. We can match celtic on any given Sunday in a match. We have shown that. We fail when our one and only system fails against small teams with no budget at all.

They've spent the guts of £15 million on Duffy's loan fee, Ajeti, their goalkeeper and Turnbull.

That's nearly double what we've spent so far.

They're doing this pretty much every window. Like the £5-6 million they spent on Klimala and the new Kante who hasn't kicked a ball for them in January.

Yes we can match them in a one off game, but over the course of the season that extra spending helps to grind out the wins. Ajeti's goals against Dundee United where they struggled massively is the perfect example.

GVB is not for me. I can think of 5 or 6 more suitable.

I said in the match thread that I'm not at panic stations yet because if we win our next two games our first 10 games are pretty comparable, better in some cases, to some title winning teams. However, today was everything wrong we've seen over the last two years.

At some point it may be the case, if things go tits up again, that Gerrard is the man who has improved us and built a squad that is on par with celtic's (imo) but isn't the man to take us past celtic. For me this team was good enough to win at Livi and it was good enough to win today. 

I dont think we need someone to come in and replace 15 players like Warburton or Pedro or Gerrard. We'd need someone who can pick up this squad and stop it from ultimately underachieving.

Just now, Prso's headband said:

Correct. Steven Gerrard wouldn’t have seen the start of April as Rangers manager without Coronavirus. 

Hamilton at home had all but finished him. The old firm was the weekend that it got called off and had we lost that I believe it was over

We were out of everything domestically and fans had began to turn. Well a large section anyway, there were of course those strange people that applauded him during the Hamilton game just after a shite Hearts side knocked us out of the SC.

Coronavirus turned people's attention to the idea of celtic not being awarded the title and "null and void" happening. This took the pressure of him entirely at the time to the point I remember people on here pretending we were still on for winning the league before it stopped 

Football fans can be fickle, unfortunately a section of our support are just thick as fuck.

Archived