“We’ve seen this film before.”

CR3

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Probably because Park isn't really in charge. Though who really is in charge? Robertson? Rudderless fucking ship since King left.

King was fucking useless as well, not one of his promises or 5 year plan bullshit have come good. 

22 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

There was a point in second half where we had a ten minute spell where we had possession 20-25 yards from their goal.

Side to Side and then back and then to the side. Steve Davis and Kamara keeping possession.

i’ve seen that and individual defensive errors for 3 seasons now.

This. It's about our midfield and the lack of quality there. Gerrard has had what, 5 now? What does he have to show for it as regards midfielders. 

Europe is a problem but it wasn't a problem in previous years. Not an excuse now to be honest. 

26 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

There was a point in second half where we had a ten minute spell where we had possession 20-25 yards from their goal.

Side to Side and then back and then to the side. Steve Davis and Kamara keeping possession.

i’ve seen that and individual defensive errors for 3 seasons now.

We are excellent at safe possession as if we were 5 up and taking no chances. 

Having had a few drinks to calm me down I want to put things in perspective.

Their first goal was an error by our keeper. No way he should let that through his legs. Their second was offside. We dominated the match but at 1-2 failed to put the game to bed - too many squandered chances.

Europe is important to our finances and beyond doubt Gerrard has improved us.

scum have a game in hand but we sit top of the league and undefeated domestically this season.

I get the anger from posters as I had it before I calmed down.

1 minute ago, GersInCanada said:

Having had a few drinks to calm me down I want to put things in perspective.

Their first goal was an error by our keeper. No way he should let that through his legs. Their second was offside. We dominated the match but at 1-2 failed to put the game to bed - too many squandered chances.

Europe is important to our finances and beyond doubt Gerrard has improved us.

scum have a game in hand but we sit top of the league and undefeated domestically this season.

I get the anger from posters as I had it before I calmed down.

We are NOT good enough. No excuses.

We are NOT winning anything.

This moaning like taigs about refs needs to fucking end.

However, the usual suspects will still laud shite that has let us down before, so no worries.

No guarantees we actually make the Galatasaray match with this squad. With injuries we're right back to pretty much the same 11 as last season already and a bare bones bench and 2 games a week for a run now.

Gerrard saying for months now he can't make it any fucking clearer we need midfielders in the door.

Also made it clear it's expected of him to get the groups again this year. 

Clearly waiting to see if we pull it off before buying him anymore players. If we don't make the group stages we'll be lucky to bring in another player of any quality, which will in turn greatly fuck our chances of anything domestically.

We need the groups. Who cares if we win any games once we get there.

Do people really believe that we would have won the league the last two years if we had dropped out of Europe early? 

It's a really weird conversation that seems to pop up every season now and always after we drop points.

Sure, if you had the ability to pick a competition for us to win it would always be the league, but the idea that our league campaign suffers as a result of Europe is absolutely bonkers. They've won the league at a canter for the last few years whilst playing in Europe. 

49 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

King was fucking useless as well, not one of his promises or 5 year plan bullshit have come good. 

His whole plan has been built on that house of cards pish, hoping selik have an off season where we capitalise on it is utterly moronic. 

1 hour ago, The Godfather said:

Anyone would take a domestic title over anything else. That has been priority no 1 since he came in yet hes failed time and time again. To make it worse he's never won one of the other 2 domestic cups either. 

It's not acceptable but sadly a chunk of our fan base are blinded by his player status. Strange as it is 

He’s just a poor manager it’s as simple as that, their blinded by his name

1 hour ago, TMB said:

Yes.  We've been great in Europe these last two seasons.  It's given the club a lot of money to reinvest in the playing squad.  We've improved dramatically domestically as well.  Before Gerrard came in we couldn't win an Old Firm game, reach a cup final, or even finish second in the league.  We've improved considerably under Gerrard.

Lies.

52 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Pretty sure that wouldn't cover it.

That was 2 examples of players who do zero for us, you also have the likes of Goldson who is a consistent fuck up in important games and Kamaraa and Davis who are masters at the side wards and back pass but couldn't conjure up a telling forward pass if their lives depended on it. 

Like it or not we have a lot of players on good money who are offering fuck all. Gerrard has spent a fortune at our club and we have absolutely nothing to show for it. 

We will certainly need years of European football to recover from his tenure. 

5 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Kamaraa and Davis who are masters at the side wards and back pass but couldn't conjure up a telling forward pass

Davis does pass forward imo, his through ball putting Arfield one on one today should’ve been a great assist and timing would have probably changed the outcome of the game completely. But that is woulda, coulda, shoulda stuff.

32 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

He’s just a poor manager it’s as simple as that, their blinded by his name

I still have got a liking for the guy, but he ain't it. He plays favourites and shits on others he takes a dislike to.

He's brought in lots of mediocrity and some of whom actually start regularly.

This team lacks steel and that cutting edge and that's down to him

Archived