*****Official Willem II v Rangers Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

8 hours ago, peter huistra said:

How good do you rate Tresor ? 

Your Team is good but I don't see anyone to fear , the striker Wriedt signed from Bayern might be dangerous but he's injured right ? 

Tresor is good. We got him on loan last season with an option to buy for € 350.000. We made use of this option and now rumours are that some Premier League teams are looking to buy him (asking price if I am correct € 7 million). So he is quite good, especially dangerous with free kicks in the 25 meter zone. He has got quite some good moves but in my honest opinion not consistent enough. 

Wried might be dangerous but he is indeed injured and will not play the coming few weeks. Pavlidis (Greece) is our number 9 and he can be dangerous but also not consistent enough. Last weekend he was superb, but he has also games in which he plays not that well.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Have you got any decent midfielders we could get a loan of? 

As stated in my post a few minutes ago, Tresor is very good and he will probably be sold the coming weeks (premier league). Also we have our "pitbull" Pol LLonch (Spain). We expected that he would be sold this summer since he only had a contract of one year left and we need to sell players to have income, but he signed for an extra 3 years a couple of weeks ago.

Cant get myself motivated for europe this season knowing we wont be in the stadium for those games should we beat Willem and then Galatasaray. 

Be good financially if we make it but I really dont think we have the squad to cope with another european run. One or two injuries and we are fucked.

Did you watch our game on Sunday? 

Give us your honest opinion on our side. 

Always nice to get an outside perspective :lol:

Why don't you ask him to fill out your poll so you can give him a "like" cos you have been very generous dishing them out today 😉

16 hours ago, Willem II said:

Hi, just a friendly Willem II supporter joining this topic. If you have Any questions about our club/players just ask them and I Will try to answer them. As René already stated we are very pleased to play against a club with such a big reputation. And we are disapponted greatly since there is only 1 match due to COVID... this takes away a very nice trip to your city and stadium.

Tip: you can fly to Germany and back to Scotland without any restrictions for COVID if I am correct. From Düsseldorf to Tilburg it is 1,5 Hours by car. But I can imagine you want to skip the trip to Tilburg and stay in beautiful Düsseldorf for a few days... 😉

Hi mate, I hope we batter your shitey team

On 20/09/2020 at 19:14, British_Empire said:

Problem is (well it's not really a problem in regards this game) we'll more than likely win this comfortably but knowing fine well that the next time we face a semi-competent or organised team in the league, we'll come back to earth with a bang.

I'm heading over for the sake of a trip and was looking forward to it, but today's took the wind right out my sails. I'll get a second wind before leaving on Wednesday but mood I'm in the now I can't be fucked with it. 

Hopefully the players don't feel the same and we wipe the floor with them.

Same team as today, unless Roofe's fit and I'd be inclined to put him in in place of Hagi and Hagi on the bench. 

Prediction, 2-0 Rangers. 

I was just checking there, cos my kid was saying ppl in her class were talking about supporters being allowed back into stadiums here (restricted numbers obv) But it must be too early for this game or it’s just a domestic thing cos it’s still saying On their website that no supporters will be allowed into the game due to corona, seems crazy that Anybody is coming over for it, have you found a loophole or you happy to quarantine? Btw I’d check where you stand as I was saying to pollok bear I’ve been told I have to quarantine on my return to The Netherlands if visiting the uk have you checked that out, if not I’d be very careful the Dutch love fines and they are pretty hefty compared to the uk, very hefty actually the cunts don’t miss a trick 

On 21/09/2020 at 14:06, Rene said:

Dearest friends from Scotland,

I know that my squad Willem II is not very famous in your country and it seems that thursday's match is of little concern to you. But here in Tilburg we are very excited indeed that we get to play against Rangers. It is such a huge shame that there won't be a return game in Glasgow: we would have loved to come visit you. It is also a huge shame that there will be only few scotsmen and women visiting my town. This is the first official game ever that we get to play a team with such a great history, with such an appealing name as yours, in our home town (In the 1960s we had a game against Manchester utd, but that was in Rotterdam because we didn't have lights in our Tilburg stadium back then).

Off course we hope that Willem II have a very good day and Rangers have a somewhat lesser day, so that we go through to the next phase. But even if we don't, even if we loose (which will probably be the case), we will enjoy the match nonetheless.

See you next thursday!

Cheers from the Netherlands,
Rene.

Very nice words Rene 😉 wish yous luck this season, except against Rangers and Ajax

I'm not sure why anyone has liked this post because I'm not sure it even makes sense 

because after weeks and weeks of negative posts about our manager, bridge has started a negative poll about when he should be ousted in mid Sept and then got the seven pages of support he wanted.

The poll reeks of a defeatist attitude.

If Gerrard doesn't win the league and stop a tainted ten then his time is up. Now is not the time to talk like that. That's how I see it.

I don't expect you to understand because you haven't liked the man since day 1 either.

40 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

because after weeks and weeks of negative posts about our manager, bridge has started a negative poll about when he should be ousted in mid Sept and then got the seven pages of support he wanted.

The poll reeks of a defeatist attitude.

If Gerrard doesn't win the league and stop a tainted ten then his time is up. Now is not the time to talk like that. That's how I see it.

I don't expect you to understand because you haven't liked the man since day 1 either.

Utter shite :lol:

I will admit when he was first linked I wasn't a fan of the idea but when he arrived I was completely behind him from day one. I'd say Gerrard has had more of my patience than any of our other managers in recent history

Utter shite :lol:

I will admit when he was first linked I wasn't a fan of the idea but when he arrived I was completely behind him from day one. I'd say Gerrard has had more of my patience than any of our other managers in recent history

It is utter shite to suggest you have not posted many negative opinions of Gerrard because you have.

And that's fine if it is your opinion.

25 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

It is utter shite to suggest you have not posted many negative opinions of Gerrard because you have.

And that's fine if it is your opinion.

In recent months I have absolutely posted negative opinions of his inept tactics. That was not always the case and certainly not since day 1 of his arrival 

Archived