*****Official Willem II v Rangers Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Not what I was meaning mate, Buff was a million pound player, that was his value at the time. It's what we wanted to pay and what HJK wanted to sell him for, so that's fair enough. My point was more that Kamara was never valued by anybody at £50k. He was signed on a bosman pre-contract the same way we have signed many players (Jack, Arfield, Davis, McGregor, Barker, McLaughlin, Defoe, Jones...) it's just we paid an extra small fee to get him early, but he was already signed. 

So just find it silly for example when he was playing well people would say "can't believe we got a player of this ability for only £50k", insinuating that we actually signed him under normal circumstances and that was what he was valued at, as if we pulled off the bargain of the century. He would have cost £750k-£1m probably. Nobody ever refers to Jack as the player we signed for £0. Kamara was just a bosman signing and the whole £50k thing is irrelevant imo. 

Glad someone said it 👏

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I assume so mate. I cant see the SPFL postponing ours and the scum games to help out Scotland.

I didn't know so I've booked the Friday off to get on it all day thinking we'd be playing County :lol: 

Just need to take the Thursday off as well

Haven’t been on here tonight but would just like to say what a brilliant result that is.

They are no mugs, unbeaten at home in over a year.

Would have gladly taken a scrappy 1-0 prior to the match but that is a real boost for us.

Thats how to bounce back from Sunday. 👏👏👏👏👏

Archived