*****Official Willem II v Rangers Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Wearethepeople72 said:

Pub for me then, fuck paying another £9.99 to watch it on RTV.

Joke that it’s not free to season ticket holders considering we’re not getting anywhere near full value for our ST.

Just be prepared if it goes to extra time to get kicked out pub and miss it 

3 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

The team has played well in Europe the last few seasons. I think Rangers will win this on penalties as some of our players have picked up injuries due to hatchet men in the domestic league.  

What players?

3 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

The team has played well in Europe the last few seasons. I think Rangers will win this on penalties as some of our players have picked up injuries due to hatchet men in the domestic league.  

Don’t think that’s true tbh. Aribo picked up an avoidable injury vs ST J after he played 3 games in 6 days, Everyone else has been muscle injuries. 

2 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

What players?

1 hour ago, ChampionsAgain said:

Don’t think that’s true tbh. Aribo picked up an avoidable injury vs ST J after he played 3 games in 6 days, Everyone else has been muscle injuries. 

Fair do's.  I meant injuries where the player is not but hurt enough to stop them playing but enough to stop them having their best game. 

6 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

How on earth can you predict who will win a penalty shoot out????

Honestly don’t understand the complaining on social media from season ticket holders that the game cost £9.99, why would an away European tie be free ? Greet about that and the shafting we’re getting regarding the Domestic home games passes by without a whimper , baffling 

Think we will actually win this comfortably 3-1

We have shown in Europe in the last 2 seasons that we are very comfortable playing there and more importantly scoring away from home also

We scored two goals against Feyenoord and that was with them having a full stadium

Kent, Goldson and Morelos to score

There has been a point of view that players like Golsdson and Tav benefitted from the extended covid shutdown.

Should the management team be  looking at giving certain players more game time so they are capable of giving key squad players some down time in the near future.

Personally I would be using the league cup and no the Europa league though this is more financially  driven than anything else.

Do some think we should do this in Europa instead ?

58 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Honestly don’t understand the complaining on social media from season ticket holders that the game cost £9.99, why would an away European tie be free ? Greet about that and the shafting we’re getting regarding the Domestic home games passes by without a whimper , baffling 

Usually you complaining ya cunt :lol: 

The disappointment of the spoonburners game has worn off and I am now right up for this.

They were awarded their spot in the Europa League as they were 5th when the Dutch went null and void last season. Normally finishing 5th would have put them into a play off spot for the Europa.

They seem to be in good form but I reckon we will beat them with fingers crossed. 

Any other Bears over there, there’s an Irish boozer not far from ground showing it - it’s opening at 4pm but if there’s boys there at 2 he’ll open early 

I don’t think there’s many over - were in Eindhoven and the Amsterdam flights this morning was empty but on the off chance if anyone’s interested I’ll post up the details once we get a call back 

Seems they have an injury crisis:

"the Eredivisie club will see five of their stars miss out through injury."

"They won't be able to call on Leeroy Owusu, Elton Kabangu, Otschi Wriedt and Rick Zuijderwijk, while defender Freek Heerkens was added to the casualty list last night with a groin strain."

Archived