*****Official Willem II v Rangers Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

50 minutes ago, TMB said:

Seems they have an injury crisis:

"the Eredivisie club will see five of their stars miss out through injury."

"They won't be able to call on Leeroy Owusu, Elton Kabangu, Otschi Wriedt and Rick Zuijderwijk, while defender Freek Heerkens was added to the casualty list last night with a groin strain."

Those look like made up names to me. Leeroy ? Otschi ? Freek ? 

Elton Kabangu sounds like a great name for a striker though. 

Bet our Scottish commentators are glad those guys won't be playing. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TMB said:

"They won't be able to call on Leeroy Owusu, Elton Kabangu, Otschi Wriedt and Rick Zuijderwijk, while defender Freek Heerkens was added to the casualty list last night with a groin strain."

It’s been the same in just about every game we’ve played in Europe. 

Every team we play has X amount of players out and you’re to believe we’re playing second string teams. 

Tarriers though as playing against superstar outfits with £££ millions on players

I’m surprised with the cautious predictions in here, maybe the hibs game brought a few ppl down to earth with a bang but if we can’t beat willem we have big, big problems ahead, they are no better than a hibs/hearts, on their day they can beat a big team like Ajax Etc. 
I think we will win comfortably by 2 goals at least, if we run into them on a night they are having a spanker that’s just the luck and form of the underdog but 100% they are not on our level

hibs was a boot in the balls but I wouldn’t even take anything from that game into this one, European games are a totally different spectacle from the absolute garbage style of football we have to put up with on a weekly basis in Scotland 

6 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

I’m surprised with the cautious predictions in here, maybe the hibs game brought a few ppl down to earth with a bang but if we can’t beat willem we have big, big problems ahead, they are no better than a hibs/hearts, on their day they can beat a big team like Ajax Etc. 
I think we will win comfortably by 2 goals at least, if we run into them on a night they are having a spanker that’s just the luck and form of the underdog but 100% they are not on our level

hibs was a boot in the balls but I wouldn’t even take anything from that game into this one, European games are a totally different spectacle from the absolute garbage style of football we have to put up with on a weekly basis in Scotland 

For what it’s worth I think we’ll win comfortable 2-0 maybe even 3

2 hours ago, The Monk said:

I swear the media claim literally every club we are about to play in Europe are suffering an injury crisis.

It's all mind games to lull us into a false sense of security. They will be feeding the foreign press with shite about us being cocky and stuff as well. Anything to derail us. 

1 hour ago, Tomatasauce said:

It gets trickier this year in Europe mate when it is just one leg and it happens to be away.

Over two legs, I would be much more optimistic.

Still think we will have enough to win.

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

It gets trickier this year in Europe mate when it is just one leg and it happens to be away.

Over two legs, I would be much more optimistic.

Still think we will have enough to win.

I get it mate, but away from home means nothing if there no fans

I think it’s more exciting that the teams need to be on it and just go for it

the away team could be the in the best position, they leave 2 days in advance no distractions of normal life to contend with, focussed on the job to do, with no fans I’d favour us playing away than home for they reasons alone as long as it’s not a bastard trip, Holland is a pisscase 

10 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

I get it mate, but away from home means nothing if there no fans

I think it’s more exciting that the teams need to be on it and just go for it

the away team could be the in the best position, they leave 2 days in advance no distractions of normal life to contend with, focussed on the job to do, with no fans I’d favour us playing away than home for they reasons alone as long as it’s not a bastard trip, Holland is a pisscase 

Well I hope you are right but when we win, I'm glad we don't have to go to Turkey.

4 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Its nonsense.

Two are back up strikers,one a young midfielder and none have played this season. 

It’s no nonsense to be honest. Two of them are youngsters. But Wried is a very good number 9 (came over from Bayern München II this season). The other two are the only two real right defenders we have. Tomorrow probably a youngster will play in that position and will probably be the weakest point in our team/defense...

5 hours ago, TMB said:

Ah, the old injury crisis line. How often have we heard this over the years in Europe?

Hell, their media is probably saying we have an injury crisis. (We do!)

6 hours ago, British_Empire said:

Mind Moscow at Ibrox couple years ago 8 players out including captain and star player - 0-0 one of the worst games ever lol 

Pretty sure they’re technical director or youth coach who couldn’t speak a word of Russian masterminded a draw and win that season.

7 hours ago, British_Empire said:

Any other Bears over there, there’s an Irish boozer not far from ground showing it - it’s opening at 4pm but if there’s boys there at 2 he’ll open early 

I don’t think there’s many over - were in Eindhoven and the Amsterdam flights this morning was empty but on the off chance if anyone’s interested I’ll post up the details once we get a call back 

Theres a pandemic 😜.

Enjoy ma man. Have a good yin.

Normally this game would not cause any anxiety but with it being a one off game and not two legs is pretty shit, but we have went to harder places over the last two seasons and got results so gotta be confident.

Mcgregor

Tav   Goldson   Helander   Barisic

Kamara

Davis          Hagi

Arfield          morelos           Kent 

Going for us winning 2-1 , with Kent ripping them a part and Alfie getting the goals. 

Archived