*****Official Willem II v Rangers Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

How much are we likely to make from Europe this year. I think it might end up costing us more than we earn tbh.

Even when we get to group stages there Is nothing the club can do to make up for zero fans RTV can't broadcast live 

I never wanna see Rangers get beat but Europe isn't a priority for me this year

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

How much are we likely to make from Europe this year. I think it might end up costing us more than we earn tbh.

Even when we get to group stages there Is nothing the club can do to make up for zero fans RTV can't broadcast live 

I never wanna see Rangers get beat but Europe isn't a priority for me this year

There is prize money for each round, and if we make it to the group stages money for win / draw.

Europe is still important even purely on prize money earnings. Granted no fans means no additional income, but there will still be income.

2 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

There is prize money for each round, and if we make it to the group stages money for win / draw.

Europe is still important even purely on prize money earnings. Granted no fans means no additional income, but there will still be income.

Agreed. Europe is still a decent revenue stream. Something like 2 million for just making the group stages then bonuses for points won.

Just now, GersInCanada said:

Agreed. Europe is still a decent revenue stream. Something like 2 million for just making the group stages then bonuses for points won.

Especially when we don't know how long it will be before we start getting decent numbers inside the stadium, any extra revenue will be important. 

Like any other business we won't be able to sustain the status quo indefinitely and I would rather we didn't have to start selling players just to compensate for the lost revenue ala Aberdeen. 

6 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Isn't it only a couple of hundred k tho mate without sounding ungreatful 😂 it might cover the cost of opening Ibrox.

https://www.sportekz.com/football/uefa-europa-league-prize-money/amp/

UEFA EUROPA LEAGUE 2020-21 PRIZE MONEY

STANDINGS

PRIZE MONEY

TEAMS

Preliminary round

€220,000

8 (losing teams)

1st Qualifying Round

€240,000

47 (losing teams)

2nd Qualifying Round

€260,000

3rd Qualifying Round

€280,000

Playoff Round Eliminations

€300,000

Group Stage (Base Fees)

€2.92 million

Each team

Group Match (Victory)

€570,000

Only 1 winning team

Group Match (Draw)

€190,000

Both teams

Group Stage (Winners)

€1 million

1st Position in Group

Group Stage (Runner-ups)

€500,000

2nd Position in Group

Round of 32

€500,000

16 (Losing teams)

Round 16

€1.1 million

8 (Losing teams)

Quarter Finals

€1.5 million

4 (Losing Quarter finalist)

Semi Finals

€2.4 million

2 (Losing Semifinalist)

Runner-ups

€4.5 million

1 (Finalist)

Champions

€8.5 million

1 (Winners)

6 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Isn't it only a couple of hundred k tho mate without sounding ungreatful 😂 it might cover the cost of opening Ibrox.

Just found this site with this year's prize moneys. Terrible copy and paste job by me so have included the link too. 

It's in Euros but not too bad. Progressing to the knockout stages adds a fair few million to the accounts. 

21 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

Not sure if you’re being serious but no 

I was being serious.  I honestly don’t know what the new rules are.  I know it’s a one off game but wondered if they had got rid of the away goals rule.

4 minutes ago, TMB said:

I was being serious.  I honestly don’t know what the new rules are.  I know it’s a one off game but wondered if they had got rid of the away goals rule.

I think its fairly logical that the away goal rule doesnt apply as there is only one match. Game has to get decided on the day.

22 minutes ago, TMB said:

Away goals just wouldn’t work over 1 game mate, and if they did decide to implement it then it would be ridiculously unfair 😂

50 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

How the fuck do people actually believe shit like that, fucking hell man!

Even without the fans we will making millions making the group stages!

People also tend to forget the importance of the coefficient points. If we ever wanna make UCL again we need to maximise our coeffcients.

We get a crack at CL next year regardless of this year. 

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Astounds me we have posters on here who still ask that question or ask if the playoff round is two legs or not. Many times does it need to be answered!

Whit they like!

Anyways, 3.5 hours til 6pm kick off, Premier Sports channel at the ready......

😉

47 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

How much would you pay for 55? If going out of Europe meant a ten-fold increase in winning the league? Not like it does but for arguments sake?

You answered your own point about not making a difference to our league chances.

Not understanding all these people wanting us to get put out tonight for the sake of the league.

It was when we had no European football we collapsed in the league post Christmas.

I’d argue playing European ties gives the team more momentum by playing more and winning having a feel good factor.

Before the new year we were flying in the league and Europe it didn’t affect us.

Mcgregor

Tav        Goldson      Balogun             Barisic

Kamara   Anyone Apart from Davis

Hagi                                                    Kent

Itten          Morelos 

Archived