Steven Gerrard is looking tired .........and he's far too nice by far!!

The Widow's Son

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

We are weak at board level for not taking on the SFA about the very unlevel playing field we gave regarding ref/linesman, yes I know the replies will be they will fine SG if he says anything but unless we challenge these cunts nothing will change.

Time for a new approach and follow up with some harsh truths.

I will add we should still have won the game yesterday with the number of changes we missed, but their goal was a disgrace from the linesman.

Until we get a level playing field they will beat us. I said on here just before Gerrard was appointed that one of the reasons that I was happy at Gerrard being manager is he will widen the media scope to include a more partisan UK presence. This isn’t happening, Gerrard has a voice that can drown out their sewer rats in the Scottish media but he’s either not willing or not being allowed too. The refs 10 in a row prep talk highlighted that the media is a big influence to how they referee games. 

2 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Until we get a level playing field they will beat us. I said on here just before Gerrard was appointed that one of the reasons that I was happy at Gerrard being manager is he will widen the media scope to include a more partisan UK presence. This isn’t happening, Gerrard has a voice that can drown out their sewer rats in the Scottish media but he’s either not willing or not being allowed too. The refs 10 in a row prep talk highlighted that the media is a big influence to how they referee games. 

Yes I would love to know if it is him or the board or both together that have taken this weak, pathetic, take it up the arse attitude we are seeing from our Club.

I am getting really pissed off by the way we are just not willing to take a stand against the corrupt people running our game, what was it our board statement said ' we will not be found wanting' aye fucking right. :headwall:

19 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Yes I would love to know if it is him or the board or both together that have taken this weak, pathetic, take it up the arse attitude we are seeing from our Club.

I am getting really pissed off by the way we are just not willing to take a stand against the corrupt people running our game, what was it our board statement said ' we will not be found wanting' aye fucking right. :headwall:

It’s time to fight dirty, these cunts almost finished us. The kids getting sexually abused, Rangers should be putting out a statement saying that they’re not happy to be playing in a league where a football team when made aware of children being sexually abused centralised a response to protect it’s standing and reputation. Gerrard should of been on UK media saying no way it would be possible for a player to jump on a plane,go to Spain and the club to take almost a week to find out. The singing about terrorism should be ridiculed. This is the most bastardised football club in the history of world football and we are letting these cunts beat us with off the field issues. I’ve had enough of that. 

12 hours ago, steven33jackie said:

Our ability to drop points from winning positions is real worry. Last season, Hearts, StJohnstone and Kilmarnock. So far this season,Hibs. All games we were winning but either ended in defeat or a draw. I see very little evidence of players or management learning how to see games out. 

Thats my biggest worry not just the 10 in a row but if this keeps going they will be the leaders in all 3 trophy counts and eventually wins and goals etc its fucking sickening that it slowly keeps chipping away.

We need to start winning some silverware this season.

20 minutes ago, Mclean RFC said:

Lessons are not being learned by gerrard. He has no ability to deal with teams that play defensively.

we seem to buy everything but a decent right winger.

Gerrard’s changed the formation and brought in more attacking players.  He has learned and changes have been made.

12 hours ago, steven33jackie said:

So far this season,Hibs. All games we were winning but either ended in defeat or a draw. I see very little evidence of players or management learning how to see games out. 

See I would go the other way. You have very little evidence to show what you are saying is true.

Our ability to see games out and win this season.... Hibs.... that's it, Hibs. The counter to that would be 6 games that we have won but you are using 1 as the evidence we don't see out games. 

3 hours ago, andyhrfc said:

We are going to get criticism leveled at Gerrard every time there is a point dropped.  We all know that it is going to take 30 wins and a possible record points total to win the league this season.  The margin for error is fine.   We have just had an absolute disaster away against the third best team in the league. A point would in any other circumstances be a decent result but not this year of all years where the pressure to win the league is so high.   Keep things in proportion. 

I am not one for perusing bheast forums and not living in Glasgow can’t pick up the vibes from working with them,  but there will be similar scrutiny of any of their shortcomings.  

I agree that we need to be more robust at times but dropped points yesterday had little to do with physicality.  Poor decision making in defence and poor finishing up front cost us together with the usual dubious refereeing.   Maybe 3-5 would have been about right.

We do need to toughen up before the OF though. We can’t have Brown strutting round with impunity.  A bit of “We are a Rangers you don’t mess with us” needs to be shown from the start of games. 

Tbh its not the OF games I worry about , SG has handled most of them well , even if the result hasn't gone our way . 

Some of the football we've played,  particularly the first half of last season and a few glimpses this season , has been a joy to watch , but we do lack that killer touch sometimes , where weve dropped points from a winning position . Hopefully the acquisitions of Itten,  Roofe and Hagi will address that but they need to be given time . 

1 hour ago, gmcf said:

Tbh its not the OF games I worry about , SG has handled most of them well , even if the result hasn't gone our way . 

Some of the football we've played,  particularly the first half of last season and a few glimpses this season , has been a joy to watch , but we do lack that killer touch sometimes , where weve dropped points from a winning position . Hopefully the acquisitions of Itten,  Roofe and Hagi will address that but they need to be given time . 

Most of the time...even when we do win, our players could do some serious damage with goals if they really really wanted to. You know this. 

Archived