Itten

MacBoyd

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 20/09/2020 at 22:28, MacBoyd said:

Very poor start hasn't looked like scoring. The fact defoe came on before him is worrying I'd suggest.

Roofe hasn't impressed me either, I think people are trying to see something that isn't there with the movement comments. And now he's injured.

If morelos leaves we need to sign a 1st choice striker.

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Brilliant technique for his first and good awareness and quick feet for his second, still finding his feet in a new side and league but showed today he's another young player we've signed with big potential. having Defoe around to help him develope will be a good thing.

10 hours ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

What a 1st goal from the big man, 2nd wasn't too shabby either. 

Hopefully he kicks on now, I know morelos doesn't usually do well with a partner but think the 2 of them would be a great pairing if we ever went with 2 up top. 

Don’t think we need to squeeze him into a 2 up top to get him playing ,

Watching his videos he looked just as effective playing anywhere  across the front 3 .

i reckon changing to a more traditional 2 up top would be a huge change in the way we are set up just now .

13 hours ago, Hadron Collider said:

Thinking this boy might be a better signing than Roofe. Be nice to be proved wrong though. 

Initially I was more excited about him than Roofe ,Given he was the right age for a striker to kick on to the next level and with his interview on signing he seemed very focused on improving himself .Have to admit I was quite disappointed in his first month or so and thought he was needing that first goal to settle him in .

Then we have it a great first goal and a great poachers finish .

Hopefully he can kick on and give the manager a proper selection problem .

4 hours ago, magic8ball said:

Don’t think we need to squeeze him into a 2 up top to get him playing ,

Watching his videos he looked just as effective playing anywhere  across the front 3 .

i reckon changing to a more traditional 2 up top would be a huge change in the way we are set up just now .

Im not calling for the change and think he could still do a great job in a front 3 but I think both of them would be a great foil for one another kind of like Prso and Novo or Boyd and Miller. 

34 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Im not calling for the change and think he could still do a great job in a front 3 but I think both of them would be a great foil for one another kind of like Prso and Novo or Boyd and Miller. 

Morelos has never played well with a strike partner. 

12 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

I acknowledged that in my first post, just think with Morelos buzzing around Itten they could compliment each other really well IMO of course. 

Seems less shoot on sight now morelos, not sure if that's good or bad. Would imagine he would play better with a partner now though.

Taken from the Daily Record. Sounds like Itten has his head screwed on. It sounds like he is aware that it'll take time to settle here. Least he wont read the comments on here writing him off after a few games. I think he'll be a good player for us but we'll see the best from him next season. 

"The game in Scotland is very fast and physical. All the players at Rangers undergo extra sessions of physical conditioning.

"I realise that this is an area in which I have considerable room for improvement.

"The staff and my teammates really did everything possible to integrate me smoothly.

"They don't put me under constant pressure here. I am aware that I will need time, in a very well-equipped team, to be able to fit in perfectly.

"I hope that the introduction to my environment can be as gradual as possible.

"But everyone here learns from having a manager like Steven Gerrard. Everyone has the utmost respect for him.

"In Glasgow, football is played in a completely different way to the rest of the country - our opponents are extremely defensive. At times we have had 70 or 80 per cent of possession, but with very limited space to attack.

"Our manager believes versatile players are important and he wants me to understand this.

"Rangers are a great club with an impressive tradition. They play for trophies. Their ambitions are enormous.

"They made a real effort to get me and they have a long-term plan for me.

"When I first spoke to Steven Gerrard, he told me he had a clear idea of what my future would be. After that, I said, 'I'm signing for them.'"

53 minutes ago, Mafeking St. said:

Big Cedric played the last 5 mins against the Gerries tonight (finished 3-3). That tells me he is fit and will be OK for Saturday if Alfies plane gets in late.

Our very own 'El Cid'.

Just getting back from this international break without COVID is a bonus in itself. Quite why they decided flying players all around the world and mixing in different countries was a good idea is beyond me. Mental time to have international fixtures. Quite funny watching them get their nicks in a twist losing players but could just as easily be us in the coming days. 

Archived