Itten

MacBoyd

Just now, bluenoz said:

Just exactly what I needed to change my opinion. Not only did he score his first, he took it with aplomb and the second was a poachers goal. Looking good 😁

Tbh the quality/type of the goals were the best aspect for me, brilliant. 

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, 6superbarry6 said:

Think he’ll prove to be a better signing than Roofe 

Said as they both signed I thought Itten looked better than Roofe, and still think the same. However, big issue will be if Morelos stays then Itten will be 2nd choice while Roofe will probably still find minutes from other positions. However return of Aribo and possible arrival of Johnson might hurt Roofe as well. Squad depth miles better this season anyway though 

Just now, Broxi said:

Said as they both signed I thought Itten looked better than Roofe, and still think the same. However, big issue will be if Morelos stays then Itten will be 2nd choice while Roofe will probably still find minutes from other positions. However return of Aribo and possible arrival of Johnson might hurt Roofe as well. Squad depth miles better this season anyway though 

Think we were one of the few that said the same, but it's very early days and one game doesn't make a player

2 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Definitely a good problem to have, our squad when everyone is fit looks our strongest in years, just a quality cm short imo although if Arfield can keep up current form I’m happy with him in there.  

3 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Definitely a good problem to have, our squad when everyone is fit looks our strongest in years, just a quality cm short imo although if Arfield can keep up current form I’m happy with him in there.  

Still think the biggest mistake we've made is not signing a RW

1 minute ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Agree, even though we play narrow there are some games that are screaming out for an out and out winger in the squad 

Play quite narrow in a 4-3-3 but when we switch to 4-2-3-1 much less so and that formation really calls for a winger rather than someone like Hagi, Aribo or Roofe in my opinion. I think Roofe would do well in the 4-3-3 on the right but less suited to the 4-2-3-1. Even in the 4-3-3 I think we should have still signed a RW who can play as an inside forward much like Kent. Someone who can go both ways if need be

2 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Play quite narrow in a 4-3-3 but when we switch to 4-2-3-1 much less so and that formation really calls for a winger rather than someone like Hagi, Aribo or Roofe in my opinion. I think Roofe would do well in the 4-3-3 on the right but less suited to the 4-2-3-1. Even in the 4-3-3 I think we should have still signed a RW who can play as an inside forward much like Kent. Someone who can go both ways if need be

I think Kent on the right and Roofe on the left cutting inside could work as most Roofes goals come from his right side but you’d be taking away from Kent’s game sticking him out on the right so that’s a non starter, pretty obvious Roofe was signed as Morelos replacement, think if we knew Morelos was staying then someone on the right at Kent’s level would’ve been a priority 

1 hour ago, born a blue nose said:

Second goals as good as the first for me 

It’s a fucking brilliant wee finish. Chance presents itself quickly so he’s under pressure. Loads of bodies/legs in the area too. 

Archived