Itten

MacBoyd

1 hour ago, Mafeking St. said:

Big Cedric played the last 5 mins against the Gerries tonight (finished 3-3). That tells me he is fit and will be OK for Saturday if Alfies plane gets in late.

Our very own 'El Cid'.

Was a short time on the pitch but I was heartened that his manager put him on against a top side & the sound contribution he made.  

Looks in good shape for Saturday if required.  

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

Would prefer El CID starting with Buff and Kent up front instead of either Hagi or Barker.

Would be more up to the rigours of the game and would just take some of the heat bound to be directed at Buff away as well.

Yeah see your point to a degree.  

Itten looked very able physically against that big German CH Rodiger albeit for a short time at the end of match. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Hadron Collider said:

Wee bump. Hope we can get this lad some more game time. Looks like he can do good job for us. Wouldn’t mind seeing him start a game. Next game v Kilmarnock? 

I think it'll be Morelos who starts next week. I can see either Roofe or Itten starting vs Poznan.

i just felt the lad was a good buy for us, and just now i think it's a good time for him to get involved after his 2 goals a couple of weeks ago. felt he should have been on earlier today but at least we saw him.

he seems to have all the attributes to be a very very good player for us, but it's early days and we have to use him intelligently. 

7 minutes ago, Smile said:

I like Itten good strong player and clever hold up play today when he came on once settled will be a fine player for us.

Said it previously, think he will turn out a quality player, may take a bit of time due to how much game time he gets at the moment.

Like his movement off the ball, he looks lively and drags defenders about, and also has a good touch for a big guy. 

10 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Said it previously, think he will turn out a quality player, may take a bit of time due to how much game time he gets at the moment.

Like his movement off the ball, he looks lively and drags defenders about, and also has a good touch for a big guy. 

His stature is also suited to this league when we come up against the hammer throwers.

14 minutes ago, maverick1200 said:

I get the feeling Garrard is taking it easy with him. 

Roofe, Itten, Zungu all being brought up to speed and will be ready when we need them.  We are playing for 55 and the cups and the full squad will show it’s worth.

I think this year is mostly going to be about coaching him and getting him some game time as a sub. I suspect that he wont get many starts.

Next year I could see Defoe hanging up the boots, although he could no doubt play on if he wanted.

Once Defoe moves on, then Itten will become a bigger player for us, getting more starts etc.

In the mean time, we just have to be patient and not expect too much from him.

3 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I think this year is mostly going to be about coaching him and getting him some game time as a sub. I suspect that he wont get many starts.

Next year I could see Defoe hanging up the boots, although he could no doubt play on if he wanted.

Once Defoe moves on, then Itten will become a bigger player for us, getting more starts etc.

In the mean time, we just have to be patient and not expect too much from him.

I get the same impression. It gives him time to settle in a new team in another country. 

I would've liked to have seen big Itten getting 90mins today.  At home against Livingston seemed the perfect opportunity.  I'm not sure if he's struggling with fitness or whatever but if he's not going to start a game like today when will he?  

Archived