Itten

MacBoyd

1 minute ago, Swally said:

Any past players for us he reminds anyone of?

I don't think we've seen enough of him to draw comparisons.  After his performance against Hibs off the bench I thought we would've seen more of him.  I'm genuinely surprised he didn't start today.  Hopefully he gets more opportunities in the weeks ahead. 

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, TMB said:

I would've liked to have seen big Itten getting 90mins today.  At home against Livingston seemed the perfect opportunity.  I'm not sure if he's struggling with fitness or whatever but if he's not going to start a game like today when will he?  

I think it was just that Defoe isn’t in the Europa squad so he got a run out today. I would have liked to have seen Itten get the 90 as well though. 

Was someone on one of the the podcasts slagging off Itten saying he's never a centre forward.

Apart from the 45 against St Johnstone and the 20 at Motherwell where did the lad no get a brace has he no just go five mins here 10 another time at the end of the game.

People were on about Barisic and if we could get our money back the grab it no so long ago and the two performances against Motherwell and St Johnstone  have earned the lad more time before making such sweeping judgements.

Their always on about this panelist twiddling with his knobs , you can draw your own conclusions on that one.

I like the look of Itten. He’s come through the Basel academy, which is a top producer of players, and he’s scored goals in a reasonable league for an unfashionable side.

The goal he scored in his cameo a couple of weeks back shows he has a good nose and great technique. He needs minutes from starts though.

I’d rather he started against Livingston last weekend.  The lad needs minutes and his brace at Motherwell earned him a start IMO.  I can’t see him being thrown in against European opposition or away to Kilmarnock.  The lad will need to keep waiting sadly. 

19 minutes ago, TMB said:

I’d rather he started against Livingston last weekend.  The lad needs minutes and his brace at Motherwell earned him a start IMO.  I can’t see him being thrown in against European opposition or away to Kilmarnock.  The lad will need to keep waiting sadly. 

I was surprised he never started against Livingston,  but on reflection the fact that Defoe is not in Europa squad to some extent explains why. Itten definitely deserves a starting place soon.  

Archived