Itten

MacBoyd

4 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

That's exactly why I wouldn't get drawn into a debate about individual players, because individuals won't win you a league. It's as a team they are complete mince 

To a degree I agree... however, keep Hagi on the park today, we have a better chance of winning. Big players make a difference.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Dan Deacon said:

Its all in here

I see what you're talking about now

Don't really want to get involved in the argument but fuck it. Might bore your tits off this.

I've been in a similar trade to him and I've had to work with electricians, unless you're a seasoned contractor doing very specific jobs or things like domestic  installations etc it's not the type of job you can usually go in and hit the ground running.

If you're at the top of your game as an electrician you're usually working as an industrial electrician, in a power station etc. Not only do you have to go through all the paperwork to allow you to work on site, permit to work, safe operating procedure, risk assessments, you have to get to know your colleagues, plant, procedures, and schematics (because they're sometimes quite different - especially in what I used to work as). 

So if you're just a domestic etc electrician you're more likely to be able to hit the ground running than if you're given more responsibly and have to work in a more professional industry.

Sorry for being boring as fuck, but take the analogy as far as you want to take it :lol:

2 minutes ago, Swally said:

I see what you're talking about now

Don't really want to get involved in the argument but fuck it. Might bore your tits off this.

I've been in a similar trade to him and I've had to work with electricians, unless you're a seasoned contractor doing very specific jobs or things like domestic  installations etc it's not the type of job you can usually go in and hit the ground running.

If you're at the top of your game as an electrician you're usually working as an industrial electrician, in a power station etc. Not only do you have to go through all the paperwork to allow you to work on site, permit to work, safe operating procedure, risk assessments, you have to get to know your colleagues, plant, procedures, and schematics (because they're sometimes quite different - especially in what I used to work as). 

So if you're just a domestic etc electrician you're more likely to be able to hit the ground running than if you're given more responsibly and have to work in a more professional industry.

Sorry for being boring as fuck, but take the analogy as far as you want to take it :lol:

You're saying on the whole it takes time to settle within a new place of employment

1 minute ago, Dan Deacon said:

You're saying on the whole it takes time to settle within a new place of employment

Yes, a lot of the time you'd be working with another colleague, shadowing them.

You're also very likely to be given low priority work until you've proven yourself.

19 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Kamara bossed the midfield in the second half. Won everything and had a pass ratio of probably 100%. You will say they were side passes but that is why we have Hagi, Kent & Aribo..

I dare you to find me video were he lost possession in the second half. He didn't.  

Don't think he "bossed" it at all but whatever, I don't think he or the other players I mentioned are good enough for us. 

5 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Kamara bossed the midfield in the second half. Won everything and had a pass ratio of probably 100%. You will say they were side passes but that is why we have Hagi, Kent & Aribo..

I dare you to find me video were he lost possession in the second half. He didn't.  

I thought Kamara did well but he does frustrates the life out me with the amount of times yesterday he wouldn't take a shot on the edge of the box.  Needs to take more responsibility imo.

7 hours ago, Cedrick said:

If we go with it’s to early to say itten is shite theory surely it’s still to early to say McLaughlin is good also? 

McLaughlin has played 9 or 10 full 90 minutes for us. Itten hasn’t even had three full games on the pitch. 

Don't think bringing him on for 20 mins here and there is ever going to be enough to get him settled into the team. Needs a few starts in a row. Unfortunately he's not as good as Morelos so that won't happen until it becomes a necessity.

I think the point about Itten is that he hasn't shown anything at all yet to suggest he's going to be an asset for us.

He has loads of time to prove that he will, and you'd hope that in the medium to longer term he will.

But that doesn't mean folk can't call out what they've seen so far, which for me is all the worst attributes of someone like Lafferty i.e. can't jump for fuck and if the ball is thrown down his neck he gives a free kick away. Has never looked like scoring.

Contrast that to Ajeti who looks like scoring in nearly every game.

38 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Why the need to lump people into a category all the time instead of listening to the individual’s point of view? I’d also call that daft.

For example I remember saying I was really looking forward to Itten playing, more so than Roofe. I thought he’d be a good signing for us.

Although I’m willing to give him a chance because he’s hardly played for us yet I have to admit I’m not too impressed so far. Good positioning and link up play, but that’s about it.

Maybe we should start to actually listen to each other again and discuss things instead of labelling and categorising people or just biding our time for our opportunity to speak.

48 minutes ago, SpiritofBillStruth said:

Yes. Fans like this. Who defend the indefensible. Who make excuses when there are none. The kind of idiots who follow the club blindly thinking everything we do is good and all our players are good too. Idiots who do more harm than good. 

How is Cedric Itten not scoring in the indefensible? 

Archived