Itten

MacBoyd

12 minutes ago, Swally said:

Why the need to lump people into a category all the time instead of listening to the individual’s point of view? I’d also call that daft.

For example I remember saying I was really looking forward to Itten playing, more so than Roofe. I thought he’d be a good signing for us.

Although I’m willing to give him a chance because he’s hardly played for us yet I have to admit I’m not too impressed so far. Good positioning and link up play, but that’s about it.

Maybe we should start to actually listen to each other again and discuss things instead of labelling and categorising people or just biding our time for our opportunity to speak.

Totally agree but there is a big difference in what you’ve posted and some fans on here/twitter who have completely written him off after he’s started two games.

I’m always happy to debate reasonably but that tweet is targeted at those extreme emotional opinions, which I don’t think anyone can deny exists in elements of our support. 

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

7 million pound player that is now our talisman was written off after the first 6 weeks of his loan.

Said it back in February: Thank fuck the fans don't run the club. 

Just to update you he's shite again because we drew to hibs mate. :lol:

11 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

I'd already written them off months ago mate, the two Hearts games, Rugby Park and the Hamilton result at Ibrox cemented it personally. 

As per cunts will jump on this and call me a surrender monkey or whatever the fuck but apart from McLaughlin, Roofe and Itten  (even Hagi to an extent) it's the same squad of muck that's let us down so badly since 2018.

The fact we're nearly through another transfer window with the exact same midfield is criminal. 

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. 

I'll reserve judgement on any new Rangers player until they start getting more than the last 5 minutes of a game to prove themself. He was thrown on yesterday with defoe and Morelos on the park, 3 strikers all trying to play in the same area. We need to give foreign players time to settle. Look how long it took Borna Barisic. 

He wasn’t even playing and he is getting the blame.

i do think Itten should  start with Defoe/Roofe. We are missing a decent target man and a clinical finisher.

Alfie did well for the goal but wastes too much possession and misses too often. He should be on the bench ready to come on for the last 30 mins when defenses are tiring.

As for Hagi he really needs to up his game. The one two with Arfield was good but the rest awful.

Still think he'll come good. I don't think he's totally to blame for his lack of action - mostly sub appearances, injury in between and hasn't been given many clear cut chances other than maybe one that I can remember he skied. 

Want to see him be given more Ibrox starts rather than plastic pitch cameos. I think the smart option if Morelos leaves is still to invest in another striker, have Itten as back up and Roofe in the hole in the 4-2-3-1 which honestly I think was the plan anyway. 

Not writing Itten off yet though, nowhere near enough solid evidence to support that

2 hours ago, The Blues said:

He wasn’t even playing and he is getting the blame.

i do think Itten should  start with Defoe/Roofe. We are missing a decent target man and a clinical finisher.

Alfie did well for the goal but wastes too much possession and misses too often. He should be on the bench ready to come on for the last 30 mins when defenses are tiring.

As for Hagi he really needs to up his game. The one two with Arfield was good but the rest awful.

Alfredo on the bench? Hes just scored 3 goals in 2 games

Just now, Negri's lovechild said:

The guy clearly has goals in him going by his previous goalscoring record. He needs games now to get up to speed and to get used to our system / the opposition. 

His record domestically in Switzerland was very good and he was doing it for his international team as well.  Against Kilmarnock at Ibrox he looked a real handful and Broadfoot especially couldn't cope with his physicality.  We need to see more of him in a Rangers shirt but I'm glad we have a big CF as an option now.

33 minutes ago, TMB said:

It's far too early to judge Itten.  He's barely kicked a ball for Rangers.  

I disagree I have seen enough. He has a poor touch doesn’t get in good positions his movement is poor  lacks physical strength  you can judge a player in a couple of games  if you have played the game and have an eye for ability  god know what our scouting team saw ? 

24 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

I disagree I have seen enough. He has a poor touch doesn’t get in good positions his movement is poor  lacks physical strength  you can judge a player in a couple of games  if you have played the game and have an eye for ability  god know what our scouting team saw ? 

Stop shitten on the guy, too early to judge

16 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Morelos is our main striker. 

We need to find a way of having more than one serious goal threat in that side, in an ideal world we'd have Morelos, Roofe and Itten all playing at once. 

Morelos has no fear of anyone taking his starting place. 

and that’s not how it should work.

Archived