Itten

MacBoyd

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I know a player when I see one. Itten ain't one.

Did you see Nisbett turn and shoot on a dime not once but twice today?

I've seen milk turn faster than Itten.

Sure, sit on the fence and prove me wrong when he scores 3-0 up against Hamilton.

My thread last month said as much. 

last month that is 😊which was ages ago. 😂 

16 minutes ago, MarzM said:

I think it's too early to tell with Itten. It took Borna a season to settle plus he's not really getting a run of games.

Folks can generally tell a player way before a season ends. 

He doesn’t look like he offers much. Don’t know how that will improve but he should be playing out his skin at every opportunity 

he’s not though. 

2 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Morelos has no fear of anyone taking his starting place. 

and that’s not how it should work.

This 

I hope Itten gets a good run, for me our forwards have been poor at holding the ball up, with exception in the DU game where we played our best football so far.

I don’t know what’s up with Morelos but the ball has just been bouncing  off him all season,I would say his 2nd touch is a tackle but even that would be kind, its usually straight to the opposition, Hagi and Kent also need to retain the ball better, I know they are young skill full players who need to try things but I’m sick of shouting at the telly to keep the ball.

No rest after the swiss league finished. No preseason. Only had a couple games with a debut played wide right. Little to no service. No clear cut chances.

Yet let's write the guy off as the next Herrera/Lafferty?

Looks like a good signing being flung under a bus for reasons out of his control.

37 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

He needs to have a run of starts and a chance to build an on park relationship with team mates in games. Until that happens we will never really know.

Do you think we can afford to give anyone a “run”?

what like 4 or 5 games to see how he does?

fuck that, get on the park at any opportunity and burst your lungs and fight for a place. 

does that look like Itten to you?

26 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

fuck that, get on the park at any opportunity and burst your lungs and fight for a place. 

Last thing we need is another injury tbh, and think that would be quite long term 

26 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

A 3/4 million pound striker? Aye I would like to think so.

Players need to start games and he's only started two. Personally I thought he linked up well with Roofe against Kilmarnock and I will agree with any doubters he didnt catch my eye on Thursday.

He got brought on in two dead games against St Mirren and St Johnstone and then got chucked on with another striker against both Livingston and Hibs and expected to just come up with absolutely something from nothing.

Look at Roofe who signed on the same day. He's started 3 league games in his best position, scored us two goals and probably could have got another couple against Hamilton.

So I would like to see him start up top with Hagi, Kent, Tav and Barisic all on the park like Roofe and Morelos have had the opportunity to do.

I remember all the boo boys saying get barasic down the road when the lad was struggling that would have cost us millions 

Similarly I think  it's going to take a bit of time  to see the best from Itten, perhaps he is used to playing in a striking pair as per that second half with Roofe against Kilmarnockwhere he looked decent.

Personally I think Roofe looked better in a pair as well 

As we know Gerrard seems to prefer the lone striker but should he not be adjusting his tactics to bring the best out of his players not the other way round?

I was gonna go on a rant about the guy but I did the same with Aribo and Barisic. He hasn’t even had as many chances as those two did when they first arrived either.

Having said that, it’s pretty surprising that he hasn’t hit the ground running in the chances he has had. 7 goals in July, I thought he was gonna end up with at least a couple in August.

Archived