Itten

MacBoyd

It looks like it could be a while before Itten settles and starts contributing. The problem is, particularly this season, we don't have the luxury to allow players 6 months/ a year to settle - they need to hit the ground running. If Morelos goes his replacement needs to be capable of slotting straight in and scoring goals. If Itten and Roofe were bought as replacements for Morelos, on the basis he's definitely going, this has backfired. 

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, bluebell82 said:

It looks like it could be a while before Itten settles and starts contributing. The problem is, particularly this season, we don't have the luxury to allow players 6 months/ a year to settle - they need to hit the ground running. If Morelos goes his replacement needs to be capable of slotting straight in and scoring goals. If Itten and Roofe were bought as replacements for Morelos, on the basis he's definitely going, this has backfired. 

There’s nothing to suggest it’ll take 6-12 months before Itten starts scoring.  He could bag a couple of goals in the next game he plays.  It’s far too early for these type of posts.  

26 minutes ago, TMB said:

There’s nothing to suggest it’ll take 6-12 months before Itten starts scoring.  He could bag a couple of goals in the next game he plays.  It’s far too early for these type of posts.  

I take your point, and hopefully it is the case he starts scoring soon. However he's obviously not starting games for a reason eg. Gerrard hasn't seen enough from him in training for him to be starting games. A settling in period, certainly for a young player coming from abroad is understandable, however there's no getting away from the fact we need strikers who are contributing/scoring goals now. The fault lies in the recruitment policy not in Itten - who may go on to be a great player for Rangers once settled. 

34 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

No it’s not. 442 or 352 perhaps? But within a 433 you still have 2 strikers. 

With Balogun, Helander and Goldson I'd like to see us try 3-5-2 sometimes. I don't think we have anywhere near enough really good wide players for 4-3-3 to be used after a couple of injuries. I mean Kent is our only great wide midfielder.

52 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

No it’s not. 442 or 352 perhaps? But within a 433 you still have 2 strikers. 

No you don't, you would typically have 1 striker and 2 wingers, or at least inside forwards. a 4-3-3 would not suit playing both Itten and Morelos at the same time. Roofe and one of them is more likely, but not those two. Itten could maybe get away with it but it's not an ideal formation 

1 minute ago, Broxi said:

No you don't, you would typically have 1 striker and 2 wingers, or at least inside forwards. a 4-3-3 would not suit playing both Itten and Morelos at the same time. Roofe and one of them is more likely, but not those two. Itten could maybe get away with it but it's not an ideal formation 

You a coach? 

4 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Ok, very good. In my earlier post I said we need to adapt. Problem with that? 

I just don't understand how you think a 4-3-3 has 2 strikers in it. If you said 3 it would maybe make sense, but 2? 

When we signed itten my first thought was he was very similar to kamberi but Hopefully with a bit more quality but I’ve said it a couple of weeks ago I’m very worried about him and roofe, and no way imo will these 2 replace what morelos brings (when he’s on the pitch that is) It’s still early and I’m hoping they come good but I don’t see anything in the big fella, in hindsight kamberi would Probably have been the better Bet 

roofe- I’ve not seen much that excites me with him, he’s the more likely of the 2 to be able to cut it here, hopefully just fitness with him Leeds got 7m for him he must have something, so far I’m not convinced, if morelos goes and we go with these 2 I think the tarriers will cruise to 9.5iar

Cedric Itten has come to Rangers off the back of a full season with hardly a break. He’s as fit as a butchers dog. 

Getting up to speed should be the last thing he needs. 

the comparison with Barasic is plain daft. Barasic struggled with injury and niggles before coming good which wasn’t long.  You could tell he had something about him both in opposition and when he came. Plus Gerrard seemed to over use Flanagan in his position. 

Itten is a ‘project’ player as has been mentioned, much the way Alfie was meant to be when he first came. However it seems some folk are paying too much attention to what the filth’s Swiss striker is doing and because he is scoring goals and ours isn’t they inevitably write ours off. I swear that is why he has been given zero time.

This is going to be a long season, isn’t it.

5 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Cedric Itten has come to Rangers off the back of a full season with hardly a break. He’s as fit as a butchers dog. 

Getting up to speed should be the last thing he needs. 

the comparison with Barasic is plain daft. Barasic struggled with injury and niggles before coming good which wasn’t long.  You could tell he had something about him both in opposition and when he came. Plus Gerrard seemed to over use Flanagan in his position. 

Don't agree with that tbh, Barisic was just pish for 6 months and didn't have anything to do with injuries imo. 

Also even if it was true, Itten has also already had an injury in the middle of an appearance here and there, mostly off the bench, mostly late into the game, and mostly away from home, sometimes on plastic pitches. 

Very much worth pointing out that Itten has made 5 appearances for us but those 5 apps equate to only 158 minutes, so he's played 1.75 worth of matches for us. And as mentioned, in little chunks away from home when 3-0 up or whatever half of the time. 

He needs a run in the team from the start

1 hour ago, Broxi said:

Very much worth pointing out that Itten has made 5 appearances for us but those 5 apps equate to only 158 minutes, so he's played 1.75 worth of matches for us. And as mentioned, in little chunks away from home when 3-0 up or whatever half of the time. 

He needs a run in the team from the start

Needs playing at centre forward too IMO 

On 20/09/2020 at 23:33, bluenoz said:

If we sell Morelos and rely on that numpty and an injury prone Roofe then we are fucked!

I haven't been impressed by them so far. I know it is early days for them but it is worrying to me that Tavs has scored more than both of them combined, and has been a greater goal threat too.

Hope they come good though and they will get my full backing. 

Archived