Gerrard's record at Hibs, Hearts Aberdeen and Kilmarnock

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

Prize money is obviously important but managers are judged on how many trophies they win and so far Gerrard has won 0 from 6. 

Some people need to remember that we are called Rangers Football Club not Rangers Balance Sheet Club.

The European prize money is vital to the health of this football club.  Financially it allows us to buy better players, sell for higher fees, and in turn be in a better position to compete with celtic.  What we earned from Europe last season was a lot more than the domestic prize money for winning a treble.  The management has worked hard to get us from a club in free fall to one that can compete for a title.  The two Old Firm teams are now very evenly matched would you concede that much at least?  If so would you also not also concede that being more evenly matched than previous seasons gives us a greater chance of domestic silverware?  We're heading in the right direction.

1 minute ago, TMB said:

The European prize money is vital to the health of this football club.  Financially it allows us to buy better players, sell for higher fees, and in turn be in a better position to compete with celtic.  What we earned from Europe last season was a lot more than the domestic prize money for winning a treble.  The management has worked hard to get us from a club in free fall to one that can compete for a title.  The two Old Firm teams are now very evenly matched would you concede that much at least?  If so would you also not also concede that being more evenly matched than previous seasons gives us a greater chance of domestic silverware?  We're heading in the right direction.

Have they? News to me

8 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

That should never be enough for ANY Rangers fan. We exist in a race where there are only two horses and we have not won that race in 6 attempts. 

Winning trophies is always our number 1 priority.

Imagine Struth all those years ago said "we welcome the cheques".

After 2012 and years spent in the lower leagues I think most Rangers fans should be thinking about the clubs financial health.  I certainly do more so than I ever did before.  I lived to see Rangers win 9IAR and I took our success for granted.  Our next title win will be our greatest achievement given the mountain we've had to climb.  Many seem to have forgotten about the incredible struggle we've faced getting to a point whereby we're even able to compete.  Before Gerrard came in we were a laughing stock having lost 12 consecutive games to celtic getting fucked 4-0, 5-0, etc.  We've closed the gap, we're beating them now, there's no denying that we have improved under Gerrard.  Throw all our progress away and start again?  Not for me.

Just now, King Jela said:

I've yet to make up my mind. If he wins the league then he's a brilliant manager for me. 

2 years in the job mate. 2 years with a lot of reputation of the same issues. 6 trophy attempts with 0 wins. What are you waiting for to judge him? Bearing in mind he has no managerial experience.

Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

2 years in the job mate. 2 years with a lot of reputation of the same issues. 6 trophy attempts with 0 wins. What are you waiting for to judge him? Bearing in mind he has no managerial experience.

Because football's fickle. If he delivers the league in May no one's going to care about yesterday's result. 

3 minutes ago, TMB said:

The money from Europe is important to the club but trophies matter more. It’s what this club has been built on for the past 148 years. if we are at a stage now where it’s considered more important than winning trophies then we might as well put the lights off and call it a day because I want no part of that.

We are evenly matched in a one off contest, as we have shown time and time again, but they have shown that they are still the better side because  have a will to win and ability to get results that we haven’t. The league table from the past couple of seasons doesn’t lie.

1 minute ago, TMB said:

After 2012 and years spent in the lower leagues I think most Rangers fans should be thinking about the clubs financial health.  I certainly do more so than I ever did before.  I lived to see Rangers win 9IAR and I took our success for granted.  Our next title win will be our greatest achievement given the mountain we've had to climb.  Many seem to have forgotten about the incredible struggle we've faced getting to a point whereby we're even able to compete.  Before Gerrard came in we were a laughing stock having lost 12 consecutive games to celtic getting fucked 4-0, 5-0, etc.  We've closed the gap, we're beating them now, there's no denying that we have improved under Gerrard.

You care about financial health, but don't seem to mind the millions we have spunked on an untested, inexperienced manager who has won nothing. We have closed the gap in results against celtic. Ok. We still haven't changed dropping points to smaller teams with not even a bawhair of our budget.

Archived