Gerrard's record at Hibs, Hearts Aberdeen and Kilmarnock

1 hour ago, The Godfather said:

Aye but the Tim's are worse than ever and will get pumped out Europe.

As we sit with fuck all trophies since 2011. 

Some of our fans are beyond help, they are accustomed to failure and now accept it. Shameful but its the same deluded folk who have been playing the same broken record for years. 

4th time lucky maybe

Imagine trying to link Gerrard to the failure to win a trophy between 2011-2018. What a ridiculous thing to say.

Fairly typical from you and total bollocks.

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, The Godfather said:

Aye but the Tim's are worse than ever and will get pumped out Europe.

As we sit with fuck all trophies since 2011. 

Some of our fans are beyond help, they are accustomed to failure and now accept it. Shameful but its the same deluded folk who have been playing the same broken record for years. 

4th time lucky maybe

The standards lowering year after year, new fans coming in used to the shite we're now being served up, and older fans who lived through decades and decades of success and failure will be dying off.

Maybe that's what the board want, then their job will be easier.

2 hours ago, Bears r us said:

We are all different mate, I am not keen or can be bothered on arguing too much with other Bears if I can help it, but it would be a pish forum if everybody did agree. 😁

I think as long as we were winning most of us could put up with things like bad refereeing, but yesterday just pressed my buttons and I am not a happy rabbit still tonight. 

I am sure you are also right about the board not giving a monkey's what most fans think which is rather annoying as well.

The only thing to always remember is we (the fans) are the people. 👍

One of the few businesses that don't put the customer first. Wouldn't be surprised if their attitude is that the customer is thick as fuck and shouldn't be listened to so we'll do what the hell we want - just trickle in enough good news and spend just enough money to stop a mass revolt.

The lack of passion from Gerrard annoys me as much as his tactics and selections. I do not like managers who spend most of the game hunched in the dugout or standing trying to influence the game with looks or some sort of silent mind message. I wish he had brought in an experienced hardened assistant rather than one who has failed in his management and coaching posts. We have one less point compared to last season where we had lost to celtic so arguably we could be 4 points worse off if we lose to them in a few weeks. Despite the backslapping over clean sheets we really have not made any progress.

9 minutes ago, Swally said:

The standards lowering year after year, new fans coming in used to the shite we're now being served up, and older fans who lived through decades and decades of success and failure will be dying off.

It’s not younger fans or new fans accepting it though

11 minutes ago, Swally said:

It actually tends to be a selection of middle aged weirdos that are accepting how shite we now are

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

It actually tends to be a selection of middle aged weirdos that are accepting how shite we now are

doesn't make any sense, especially since I'm a middle aged weirdo :lol:

you'd think those who lived through 9iar would have far higher standards than most

5 minutes ago, Swally said:

doesn't make any sense, especially since I'm a middle aged weirdo :lol:

you'd think those who lived through 9iar would have far higher standards than most

It doesn't but I only ever seem to experience that age group coming out with stuff like "but remember where we were a few years ago" or my favourite one but not just as common, "you think this is bad you're lucky you didn't see the 80s"

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

It doesn't but I only ever seem to experience that age group coming out with stuff like "but remember where we were a few years ago" or my favourite one but not just as common, "you think this is bad you're lucky you didn't see the 80s"

to be honest i have seen that posted in this forum before, can't remember who it was though. 

31 minutes ago, Swally said:

Erm I am 41 and have experienced both, I follow Rangers because of my dad and mother both being from Glasgow and I had no choice either way on who my football team was as it was that or nothing! Simpler times pre internet, anyway something that I was told and understood quite early on is that Rangers has or used to have standards and we strived to and were most often or not the best, that's not easy to achieve but we should always seek to achieve that simple standard.

3 minutes ago, badjon said:

Erm I am 41 and have experienced both, I follow Rangers because of my dad and mother both being from Glasgow and I had no choice either way on who my football team was as it was that or nothing! Simpler times pre internet, anyway something that I was told and understood quite early on is that Rangers has or used to have standards and we strived to and were most often or not the best, that's not easy to achieve but we should always seek to achieve that simple standard.

Exactly mate

It is the young fans who are willing to accept mediocrity. Us older fans have experienced success and winning was instilled in us at an early age. 

I only ran home for my dinner, the rest of my time day and night was spent at the swing park trying to emulate Colin Stein. Kids don't understand that now.

My mother would yell at me because I wouldn't eat peas because they were green. She blamed my dad for making me that way. That's just the way it was when I grew up...

3 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Because they all see the fear. 

They know our system, we won't hump them and we crumble when under pressure.

Setup a slightly effective low block defense and get in our faces and you'll guarantee some sort of result against us. See it every fucking time.

6 hours ago, bluenoz said:

It is the young fans who are willing to accept mediocrity. Us older fans have experienced success and winning was instilled in us at an early age. 

I only ran home for my dinner, the rest of my time day and night was spent at the swing park trying to emulate Colin Stein. Kids don't understand that now.

My mother would yell at me because I wouldn't eat peas because they were green. She blamed my dad for making me that way. That's just the way it was when I grew up...

Wit :lol: 

9 hours ago, Swally said:

One of the few businesses that don't put the customer first. Wouldn't be surprised if their attitude is that the customer is thick as fuck and shouldn't be listened to so we'll do what the hell we want - just trickle in enough good news and spend just enough money to stop a mass revolt.

I think your first sentence is not far away unfortunately, and our team is probably not alone in that.

The problem for us is we are in a unique position in Scotland, the game is now corrupt and we are seemingly happy to accept that. We made a wee go and then went back into our shell. They won and we lost. But remember 'we will not be found wanting' 

My burd still gets angry when I pick out the brocoli and green chillies from my dinners but I tell her that's how my Dad raised me and I won't be changing. 

Is that why you’re wanting to stick with mediocrity then?

Archived