Gerrard's record at Hibs, Hearts Aberdeen and Kilmarnock

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

It's not just beating the block though. Hibs didn't sit in as deep as Livingston did for instance. 

Yeah, Hibs are a good side, probably the best of the rest in the league.

They don't tend to sit as deep.

Our midfield looks to be the main issue. We need someone to link back to front and give the strikers service they need.

If Roofe and Itten come good it will help a great deal.

Yesterday wasn't great, but it wasn't like we were outclassed and beaten,  we made a few mistakes that cost us, and also had to contend with a blatantly shite referee.  

This weekend we dropped points due in part due to the referee making mistakes, and they gained points by scoring in part by the ref making mistakes. 

I am nowhere near panic mode yet.  We only just lost out first goals in the league.

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, GWR1979 said:

Still seem to get the job done in the league. 

Gerrards record away to diddy teams in the league we need to win to stop them, he's been poor and he doesn't seem capable of changing things when we are struggling. 

Do you believe this celtic team, is as good as Brendan Rodgers team, or have they gone backwards?

7 minutes ago, TMB said:

Young Boys, Legia, Midtjylland, and Porto all won their domestic leagues last season.  we literally played the best teams from Denmark, Poland, Switzerland, and Portugal, and we beat them all. 

We never beat YB. Legia are pish, as are Midtjylland.

7 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

The vast majority of Rangers fans support Steven Gerrard but it is the same few posters on RM day in and day out who can't wait to stick the boot in whenever they see an opening.

And if you don't think you are the minority then you have your head buried in the sand. Instead of moaning, try offering a constructive alternative. Changing managers right now would set us back at least a season or two.

We are undefeated and top of the league but you wouldn't know it reading RM threads these days.

We don't sign the likes of Kent & Hagi if it was not for Gerrard.

Was it Gerrard's fault that our best player to date this year fucked it yesterday?

Hagi wouldn’t be a miss.

5 minutes ago, OhW said:

The thread title is about his poor record away to Premiership teams. Why do you keep banging on about his European record? Nobody is complaining about that. 

Decent evidence to point at to show signs of talent and ability at a time when selective data is being to used simply show someone to be "shit"

Rangers do play more games than just those mentioned in the OP even in Scotland. 

Just now, gogzy said:

Our midfield looks to be the main issue. We need someone to link back to front and give the strikers service they need.

Yesterday wasn't great, but it wasn't like we were outclassed and beaten,  we made a few mistakes that cost us, and also had to contend with a blatantly shite referee.  

This weekend we dropped points due in part due to the referee making mistakes, and they gained points by scoring in part by the ref making mistakes. 

I am nowhere near panic mode yet.  We only just lost out first goals in the league.

This is Hibs best start to a league season in 30 years.  The only reason they got a point at Easter Road yesterday was due to the officials.  Yet, Rangers have to sack the manager despite being top of the league (albeit with a game in hand).  I was gutted yesterday but the reaction on here is so out of proportion it's surreal. 

2 minutes ago, TMB said:

Had Morelos been sold, which looked very likely, our only recognised striker would've been Defoe (who I think was injured when most of the transfer speculation was happening).  So I can understand why the club chose to reinforce their striking options as a priority. 

You're point about Gerrard not recognising our shortage of midfielders was incorrect in any event.  He's spent weeks talking about the need for more in midfield.  The only thing holding it up must be finances.  That situation would be helped by European qualification but people like you want us dumped out of Europe as soon as possible.

Maybe sign one striker rather than two then? could agree with one coming in but we now have 4 strikers on the books when our midfield is pure and utter shite 

1 minute ago, gogzy said:

But we have also dropped 4 points in the league already. We are already playing catch up effectively.

It's too late to get rid of him now..I'll stand by him and the team, of course I will. However this season for me is more down to what they do than what we do as I have no faith that games like the Livingston game will change.

Just now, G.E.C. said:

A side winning every domestic trophy isn’t going backwards in my opinions.

Every piece of silverware is still up for grabs this season.  Nothing has been won or lost yet.  

I think most football fans, even those who support celtic, know they're not as strong as they were under Rodgers.  It's pretty obvious.  

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

Hagi is 21 and when he leaves Rangers when he is around 25, we will sell him for millions. The boy will only get better.

Are you under the age of 18? Do you think Unicorns are real?

No meaning that offensive but it will help me understand your points.

2 minutes ago, TMB said:

Do you believe this celtic team, is as good as Brendan Rodgers team, or have they gone backwards?

No. 

They are not same but they aren't in as bad a situation as we seem to tell ourselves in hope rather than reality. 

Doesn't matter! They still have their name on the trophy. They still are able to grind out results. We are still chasing them already.

It does matter when people say Lennon hasn't taken celtic backwards when clearly he has.  Also, there is no name on the trophy we're only 8 games in to the season and we're at the top of the table (albeit with a game in hand).  There's a long way to go.

celtic weren't able to "grind out" a result against Kilmarnock, were they?  They look shaky in defense and will drop points again.  They're not the amazing side you'd have us believe. 

Doesn't matter! They still have their name on the trophy. They still are able to grind out results. We are still chasing them already.

Right now, they are still chasing us.  We have the points on the board.   I get the point you are making though.

4 minutes ago, TMB said:

This is Hibs best start to a league season in 30 years.  The only reason they got a point at Easter Road yesterday was due to the officials.  Yet, Rangers have to sack the manager despite being top of the league (albeit with a game in hand).  I was gutted yesterday but the reaction on here is so out of proportion it's surreal. 

That's a common misconception in here. This isn't a reaction to yesterday for most. It's a reaction to the last two years of shite we have had to put up with. It's a reaction to the same results and same performances. 

What is our away win ratio under him (domestically) in all games since he's been here, upto and including being into season 3 now? 

Without having anything to hand, I'm guessing it must be around the 60% mark? which, if it's there or there about's will never win us a league.

12 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

We’re are bullied in the middle of the park all too often we desperately need a winner in there someone who can control a game and push the team on, stick a Barry Ferguson in there and this team strolls this league 

I agree we need someone that can boss the midfield.

But we also badly need more creativity in our midfield and I'd kill for a player that can shoot from outside the box instead of going for another sideways pass. 

We've spent too little on our midfield and it shows. 

1 minute ago, TMB said:

It does matter when people say Lennon hasn't taken celtic backwards when clearly he has.  Also, there is no name on the trophy we're only 8 games in to the season and we're at the top of the table (albeit with a game in hand).  There's a long way to go.

celtic weren't able to "grind out" a result against Kilmarnock, were they?  They look shaky in defense and will drop points again.  They're not the amazing side you'd have us believe. 

Fucking ell.

It doesn't matter if Lennon has taken them backwards, forwards or up the fucking clyde.! It matters what we do. And we are no doing much the last 6 trophies.

Yes they may drop points again, but so will we.

28 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Warberton was in the job 2 years also. Warberton had managerial experience. He actually won us a couple trophies. He also managed to beat celtic on a smidgen of the budget Gerrard has had. He was also in the job for two years. Now I bet you (like most) wanted him out, despite "football being fickle". So why does he not get that privelage of support but Gerrard does?

Fucking hell man :lol: what the fuck has Mark fucking Warburton got to do with us drawing at Hibs or what's to come in May? :lol: absolute mentalist. 

I'll try and spell it out for you to make it simple as possible. As of March 2017 Warburton was no longer Rangers manager, his tenure was disapointing. He never won the cup, he never challenged for the league and he never beat celtic. His time with us is deemed a failure. If Gerrard was offski in the summer I would have considered his tenure a failure due to 0 trophies in 6 attempts, he's still here and while he's still here he's got a chance to make up for his failings. Or is that too fanboy for you, pal? 

Fucking hell man. 

Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

Are you under the age of 18? Do you think Unicorns are real?

No meaning that offensive but it will help me understand your points.

I am in my mid 50's mate and have seen many great Rangers teams.

Let me give you an example, Scott Arfield's last two goals were absolute class. The way we moved the ball around leading to both goals was exceptional. We haven't scored many like those in years.

There is a different feel about this team. Even a different mentality.

We were extremely unlucky yesterday and robbed by terrible calls. In no way should that be leading to "lets axe the manager" type threads.

And of course I believe in unicorns😉

Fucking ell.

It doesn't matter if Lennon has taken them backwards, forwards or up the fucking clyde.! It matters what we do. And we are no doing much the last 6 trophies.

Yes they may drop points again, but so will we.

Lennon has lost fewer games than Rodgers did since coming back.

But aye definitely going backwards.

Archived