Gerrard's record at Hibs, Hearts Aberdeen and Kilmarnock

Just now, bluenoz said:

I am in my mid 50's mate and have seen many great Rangers teams.

Let me give you an example, Scott Arfield's last two goals were absolute class. The way we moved the ball around leading to both goals was exceptional. We haven't scored many like those in years.

There is a different feel about this team. Even a different mentality.

We were extremely unlucky yesterday and robbed by terrible calls. In no way should that be leading to "lets axe the manager" type threads.

And of course I believe in unicorns😉

He'll be blaming Gerrard for unicorns no existing next. 

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

We have won all our home games this season.... 

correct, which is why I mentioned last season. Our last home game before covid we got beat off Hamilton. 

Tell me the last time they dropped points to shite like that at home? 

My point is whilst both away records are poor for both clubs, we have it in us to draw with sheep at home or get beat by Hamilton, they don’t. 

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I am in my mid 50's mate and have seen many great Rangers teams.

Let me give you an example, Scott Arfield's last two goals were absolute class. The way we moved the ball around leading to both goals was exceptional. We haven't scored many like those in years.

There is a different feel about this team. Even a different mentality.

We were extremely unlucky yesterday and robbed by terrible calls. In no way should that be leading to "lets axe the manager" type threads.

And of course I believe in unicorns😉

Me too...

IMG_0217.JPG

6 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

What is our away win ratio under him (domestically) in all games since he's been here, upto and including being into season 3 now? 

Without having anything to hand, I'm guessing it must be around the 60% mark? which, if it's there or there about's will never win us a league.

First season in charge = 9 wins, 5 draws, 4 losses

second before shutdown =  10 wins, 3 draws, 2 losses

so far this season = 2 wins, 2 draws

Total games - 37

So in the league overall, about a percentage of 56 are wins?

Unless my maths are mongo'd

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

21 wins in 38 league games. 55% win ratio away from home in league games.

Absolutely rotten. 

Obviously Pedro couldn't lay a glove on celtic and less said about his 2-game European run the better, but that's stats I'd expect from him, Warburton or Murty. 

19 minutes ago, TMB said:

Do you believe this celtic team, is as good as Brendan Rodgers team, or have they gone backwards?

Rodgers won 22 games in a row in the league in his first season where we finished 3rd,39 points behind, no domestic competition whatsoever. 

Following season they won 3 games in a row at best, we finished 3rd again, 12 points behind, again no competition. 

Just over halfway through 18/19 he left having won 7 consecutively. 

7 trophies in 2 and a half year.

Lennon is on course to win 5 possibly 6 in less time. 

That isn't going backwards. 

5 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I agree we need someone that can boss the midfield.

But we also badly need more creativity in our midfield and I'd kill for a player that can shoot from outside the box instead of going for another sideways pass. 

We've spent too little on our midfield and it shows. 

Ideally we want someone who can do all that but they don’t come cheap, we need someone who can come in and do the job McGregor does for the scum, he makes a massive difference to their midfield, maybe we’re being a bit harsh tho we need to remember that we have both Jack and Aribo missing just now 

2 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Fucking hell man :lol: what the fuck has Mark fucking Warburton got to do with us drawing at Hibs or what's to come in May? :lol: absolute mentalist. 

I'll try and spell it out for you to make it simple as possible. As of March 2017 Warburton was no longer Rangers manager, his tenure was disapointing. He never won the cup, he never challenged for the league and he never beat celtic. His time with us is deemed a failure. If Gerrard was offski in the summer I would have considered his tenure a failure due to 0 trophies in 6 attempts, he's still here and while he's still here he's got a chance to make up for his failings. Or is that too fanboy for you, pal? 

Fucking hell man. 

I know you're getting banged like a cell door from all angles on here today, but try no taking it out on me. I'm trying to be patient with you despite you acting like a fucking mong.

My point was, you are happy to give Gerrard the benefit of the doubt because of who he is. He had the same tenure as Warburton. He had more money than Warburton. He even has less trophies at Rangers than warburton (despite your inaccurate post). So why would you give Gerrard the benefit and no Warburton? Fuck it, I'll even answer it for you. Because you're a Gerrard "fan boy" with the Instanbul dvd and posters you don't wanna take down.

18 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

correct, which is why I mentioned last season. Our last home game before covid we got beat off Hamilton. 

Tell me the last time they dropped points to shite like that at home? 

My point is whilst both away records are poor for both clubs, we have it in us to draw with sheep at home or get beat by Hamilton, they don’t. 

I neither know or care re when they lost got beat at home by pish. 

RE last season, how long do you cling to it? How long do people want to use stats of previous games for? 

We drew with Aberdeen last year for instance... does that really  matter this season? 

We lost to Hamilton at home last season, does that really matter this season?

We are setting out to win the league this season, we aren't going to go back and be able to win the league from last season. 

13 minutes ago, TMB said:

Do you believe this celtic team, is as good as Brendan Rodgers team, or have they gone backwards?

Already answered that in my last post. 

Not going round in circles. 

The thread is about Gerrards record not how the tarriers are with or without Brendan. Lennon has won the league with them not counting last season so what does it matter whether they are winning it in style or not, we still need to be winning all our games and Gerrards record makes grim reading. Am I confident he can turn it round not really. 

21 minutes ago, TMB said:

The thread deviated from what it was initially quite some time ago.

19 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Decent evidence to point at to show signs of talent and ability at a time when selective data is being to used simply show someone to be "shit"

Rangers do play more games than just those mentioned in the OP even in Scotland. 

But the reason everyone is pissed off is because we continually drop points to these teams away from home, and have been doing so since Gerrard arrived. That’s the problem. Bringing up his good points doesn’t change that.

Lennon is not taking celtic backwards at all. He's doing the job he was employed to do (despite folk laughing at his appointment at the time) 

When I talked earlier about Scottish football not being rocket science and not having to over-complicate things to succeed, then Lennon is an example of that. 

I'm not giving the wee fenian cunt credit. He's not a good manager, but he's sufficient for that they need and that's just to keep the trophies rolling in domestically.

Like Smith with us, someone who had a bark, could organise a team and grind out the wins. That's what wins trophies in Scotland - not a big fancy name in Gerrard that wee teenage lassies wank over, with brain boxes like Beale in the dugout all talking a fantastic game, with our DOF's all mixing it up towards a non-existent footballing ethos - while those cunts just keep winning and keep the stats going for them, which equals league titles.

We never learn or move towards what's actually needed. 

In Gerrard's defence he's netted us about 20-million extra in Europa league money which is fantastic, but what's the point in the extra cash if the trophy'less seasons keep rolling in.

It's funny that if you read the match thread you see a ton of people moaning about how much the referees are shafting us ( mostly everyone agrees on this)  yet if their poor display results ( in a huge part) to a 4 point swing in one game, we all of a sudden can't moan about the refs ( it's now just excuses)

Aberdeen for example are one of the teams mentioned in here.  Correct me if I am wrong but did a ref not publicly come out and apologise for costing us points there last season ( in the very first game of the season IIRC)

The referee displays must be taken into account.  If we can moan like fuck during the match about them, then we can moan after the match too if it doesn't go our way.

Yes we make some mistakes that cost us, but nowhere near the amount of mistakes that refs make that cost us, or hep them IMO.

4 minutes ago, OhW said:

But the reason everyone is pissed off is because we continually drop points to these teams away from home, and have been doing so since Gerrard arrived. That’s the problem. Bringing up his good points doesn’t change that.

So instead you want this thread to solely focus on all negatives, a generic agreement of every poster simply saying "aye that's fucken shite" and only focus on a selective set of data. 

That sounds healthy..... 

1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

Lennon is not taking celtic backwards at all. He's doing the job he was employed to do (despite folk laughing at his appointment at the time) 

When I talked earlier about Scottish football not being rocket science and not having to over-complicate things to succeed, then Lennon is an example of that. 

I'm not giving the wee fenian cunt credit. He's not a good manager, but he's sufficient for that they need and that's just to keep the trophies rolling in domestically.

Like Smith with us, someone who had a bark, could organise a team and grind out the wins. That's what wins trophies in Scotland - not a big fancy name in Gerrard that wee teenage lassies wank over, with brain boxes like Beale in the dugout all talking a fantastic game, with our DOF's all mixing it up towards a non-existent footballing ethos - while those cunts just keep winning and keep the stats going for them, which equals league titles.

We never learn or move towards what's actually needed. 

In Gerrard's defence he's netted us about 20-million extra in Europa league money which is fantastic, but what's the point in the extra cash if the trophy'less seasons keep rolling in.

celtic probably wouldn't have won the LC last year and actually shouldn't have beat St Mirren last week (never a free kick). It's a fine line. Take away those two games alone and he is in the firing line. He is on the right end of good/cheating fortune most of the time.

Constantly gets fucked in Europe under impartial refeering. no coincidence there.

3 hours ago, TMB said:

I thought I did.  Given the vastly uneven starting point it comes as no surprise Lennon has won things with celtic.  I didn't expect Rangers to win anything during Gerrard's first season, none of us did.  In fact, during Gerrard's first season his mandate was to be more competitive during the Old Firms and finish at least 2nd in the league which he delivered.  Over and above that, we even qualified for the Europa group stages which was a shock to us all given how poor we had been for years.

As I said before, the gap has now closed to such an extend that both teams are evenly matched.  We can win this league.

I take it you never saw our bench yesterday?

Compare that to theirs and you will see that they still have more strength in depth

Not saying we cannot win the league don't get me wrong but I am fed up with the arguments like squads are on par......none of them would get in our first 11.......bit of pressure they will crumble

We have did much better in the old firm games because it is more open with European games....it's against the other 8-10 teams they we often toil

Think we have Kilmarnock at end of October so be interesting to see how that goes as results down there have been dire.

Just now, bluenoz said:

celtic probably wouldn't have won the LC last year and actually shouldn't have beat St Mirren last week (never a free kick). It's a fine line. Take away those two games alone and he is in the firing line. He is on the right end of good/cheating fortune most of the time.

Constantly gets fucked in Europe under impartial refeering. no coincidence there.

Clearly offside goal given yesterday.  If that isn't counted they also draw 2-2.

IMO there is very little between us.

Archived