Gerrard's record at Hibs, Hearts Aberdeen and Kilmarnock

2 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Has Gerrard (or anyone official at the club) came out and commented on the officials from yesterday btw? reason I ask, I've no intention of looking at the newspapers sites or even listening to Gerrard's post-match comments. 

He said he has no intention of talking about refs every week and to move on basically

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, TMB said:

No, they can’t.  Any public criticism of the referees whether it be accusations of bias or incompetence is met with sanctions.  Gerrard criticises a referee after Candeias was sent off for blowing a kiss at the crowd and the club was hit with 5 sanctions.  I think Beale questioner Clancy’s impartiality after the last Old Firm and was hit with a 3 game ban.  

He done it last week though after Edwards tackle on Morelos. 

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Their whole backline yesterday was on yellow cards and we didn't put them under any real pressure to commit to fouls and potentially get sent off, the nicely nicey approach gets us nowhere. 

The two yellow cards to the CH's are straight reds by the letter of the law.

1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

He done it last week though after Edwards tackle on Morelos. 

I think he said ‘it would’ve been interesting to see if the decision would have been the same if the roles were reversed’.  Maybe that’s a bit too underhand for the SFA to take action.  

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

The two yellow cards to the CH's are straight reds by the letter of the law.

Kent was sent off for touching an opponents face in Lyon.  Porteous elbows Morelos in the face off the ball yesterday and the ref gives a yellow.  Couldn’t make it up.

4 away games in the league this season and we have already dropped points in 2 of them. That’s 4 points dropped already and we are only a handful of games in.

It’s the exact same pattern we have seen for the past two seasons now so I don’t know where all this talk about an improved mentality and how we are different side is coming from.

We badly need a centre midfielder player of real quality. It’s the missing price and has been for years now.

15 minutes ago, gogzy said:

In their own words.....the refs know what's at stake this season.  10iar.  

I wont forget that.

I am one of those people who think yesterday was a 50/50 situation, we had many chances to score a couple more goals which would have cancelled out the off side goal, but I also know if that goal had been ruled out as it should, then there is a good chance that we would have got all three points.

What I am becoming more angry about every day is the fact our Club/Manager is happy to accept these ref/linesman decisions without any complaint.

I no longer care if we would be fined for speaking out, it would be a small price to pay for showing we are no longer taking these decisions without challenge. We know why they get the dodgy decisions and we get the kind from yesterday, it is fear from officials of being called out later for either us getting a dodgy one in our favour (no laughing at the back) or them not getting a dodgy call against them. It has gone on too long and I have now had enough, if we keep taking it up the arse we might as well hand them 10 now and every cup as well, the game here is IMO officially fucked. 

Sorry about the rant G, but I am not a happy Bear. 

Just now, TMB said:

I think he said ‘it would’ve been interesting to see if the decision would have been the same if the roles were reversed’.  Maybe that’s a bit too underhand for the SFA to take action.  

I was looking for something similar, even underhand this time too.

Even if there's sanctions, take it. Silence can't be an option.

We can't sit moaning about ref's (and in some cases blame ref's for our own failings as a team too) and do fuck-all to address it either.

That's the worst of both worlds.

I'm equally annoyed at the silence and taking it up the arse from our custodians when it comes to everything Scottish football as I am at what I see on the park. It must be shit-hot being a tarrier in this environment. We are a laughing stock.

11 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

The ability isn't just referring to yesterday's game but. 

And that's where people are going wrong. If you can't have a reasonable discussion about yesterday's game without dragging irrelevant records from other games against different teams then you really are struggling. Hearts, Aberdeen, Killie, Livi those teams have nothing to do with us drawing yesterday. It's purely desperation and grabbing any stick you can find to beat him with. Tarriers do that enough. 

4 minutes ago, King Jela said:

And that's where people are going wrong. If you can't have a reasonable discussion about yesterday's game without dragging irrelevant records from other games against different teams then you really are struggling. Hearts, Aberdeen, Killie, Livi those teams have nothing to do with us drawing yesterday. It's purely desperation and grabbing any stick you can find to beat him with. Tarriers do that enough. 

But nobody is just talking about yesterday's result. The topic is Titled Gerrard's record at Hibs, Hearts Aberdeen and Kilmarnock ffs.

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

You hypothetically claim that if the linesman chopped off the goal we'd have won the game, no difference from the other guy claiming hibs would have scored

Well, there is just a bit. We were winning. If Hibs were going to score again then why didn't they score again and win the game? The facts are we were denied the right to defend a 2-1 lead. 

5 hours ago, TMB said:

You need to remember the circumstances in which Gerrard took over Rangers.  Did you expect him to win anything during his first season?  I didn’t.  celtic were miles ahead and we’ve been closing that gap ever since.  I’d say right now the two Old Firm teams are as even as they have been since we were kicked out the league.  That’s due to the improvements we’ve made under Gerrard, and Lennon taking celtic backwards.  

It was uncharted territory for any Rangers manager in that the gulf between the two Old Firm teams is as big as I’ve ever seen it when he took over.  We need to remember that when judging his performance during this last two seasons.

I think 36 players signed says it all to be perfectly honest 

1 hour ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Ideally we want someone who can do all that but they don’t come cheap, we need someone who can come in and do the job McGregor does for the scum, he makes a massive difference to their midfield, maybe we’re being a bit harsh tho we need to remember that we have both Jack and Aribo missing just now 

I think we needed midfield reinforcements even when Jack and Aribo were available. 

Aribo is a good player but he's the only creative spark we have in midfield. Jack and Kamara play the same role. 

I agree a midfielder that can boss and create is expensive. But it could be the major difference for us. 

41 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I was looking for something similar, even underhand this time too.

Even if there's sanctions, take it. Silence can't be an option.

We can't sit moaning about ref's (and in some cases blame ref's for our own failings as a team too) and do fuck-all to address it either.

That's the worst of both worlds.

I'm equally annoyed at the silence and taking it up the arse from our custodians when it comes to everything Scottish football as I am at what I see on the park. It must be shit-hot being a tarrier in this environment. We are a laughing stock.

It is time Rangers see we fans are far from happy about their appeasement to the SFA, surely SG and all his background staff can see what we see every week, we get done by refs/linesmen and the other lot get points because of how they are refereed.

I try and stay as calm as I can about these things but this weekend once again has proved that they get decisions 'for them' and we get decisions 'against us'. Where is the great statement 'we will not be found wanting' it was obviously bullshit and my dislike for those running us is getting stronger by the day. Wankers. 

I know we should have scored enough goals to win yesterday but when games are tight an off side like that can be the difference of 0, 1 or 3 points.   

Really sick of how we are being fucked up without any fight from the board. 

2 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I think we needed midfield reinforcements even when Jack and Aribo were available. 

Aribo is a good player but he's the only creative spark we have in midfield. Jack and Kamara play the same role. 

I agree a midfielder that can boss and create is expensive. But it could be the major difference for us. 

It’s what we’ve needed for years now. It’s the missing piece in the team and a good midfielder who we invest decent money in is transformational for us IMO.

1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

It is time Rangers see we fans are far from happy about their appeasement to the SFA, surely SG and all his background staff can see what we see every week, we get done by refs/linesmen and the other lot get points because of how they are refereed.

I try and stay as calm as I can about these things but this weekend once again has proved that they get decisions 'for them' and we get decisions 'against us'. Where is the great statement 'we will not be found wanting' it was obviously bullshit and my dislike for those running us is getting stronger by the day. Wankers. 

I know we should have scored enough goals to win yesterday but when games are tight an off side like that can be the difference of 0, 1 or 3 points.   

Really sick of how we are being fucked up without any fight from the board. 

Gogzy referred to Clancy's statement a month or so ago regarding the ref's knowing what's at stake (10-In-A-Row)

I'll go with one of my own, from the cretins in charge of us' message to the supporters in a statement at the start of the summer ...

"rest assured, we won't be found wanting" 🙄

Archived